Scandinavian Style Grading Bucket

W

warrior89

Hello folks, been lurking for a few weeks but thought I'd be better signing up :)

I'm looking for recommendations on where I could get a Scandinavian style grading bucket from? It would be for a 5-6 tonner.

Ideally I would prefer if it didn't have any brackets on it because I would be welding my own one on.

Thanks in advance.

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

I'm looking for recommendations on where I could get a Scandinavian style grading bucket from? It would be for a 5-6 tonner.
Ideally I would prefer if it didn't have any brackets on it because I would be welding my own one on.
So many options it'll come down to who uses who or has a family connection ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, all the main players can & do supply buckets. Why you'd have it without hangers is :unsure: but I'm sure you have good reason.
Engcon for me but others running smaller kit may well have other recommendations.

Welcome aboard by the way :cool:

W

warrior89

So many options it'll come down to who uses who or has a family connection ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, all the main players can & do supply buckets. Why you'd have it without hangers is :unsure: but I'm sure you have good reason.
Engcon for me but others running smaller kit may well have other recommendations.

Welcome aboard by the way :cool:
Thanks.

I have an old tilting ditching bucket lying in the yard that's in need of a good tidy up so my brainwave for the day was to buy a new or used grading bucket and fabricate the old tilt bracket to fit it. :unsure:

My machine came with a Klac hitch and it can become quite expensive when specifying new top plates etc plus I like to use up what I have lying around.

CPS

CPS

Hi there and welcome along.
We do a full range of Scandinavian style buckets, grading trenching and tilting etc.
20190123_181254.jpg
20190123_144304.jpg
20190118_130602.jpg
20181207_215639.jpg
20181207_215327.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
BMC Chepstow ... decent quality buckets at a decent price ... made to whatever spec. you want ;)

W

warrior89

Thanks folks. I'll have a google of the above and phone around to see what I can pick up (y)

M

Monkeybusiness

I bought a Hardlife Scandinavian grading bucket (actually Scotts in Ireland - they make them for Hardlife) for my 6 tonner. It was nicely made and was apparently the correct size for my machine but was ridiculously large/unusable. It would have probably been ok on an 8 tonner. I ended up with a good deal on an Engcon and I have to say it’s a lovely bucket.
If you want a special then Aiden is definitely your man!

Attachments

doobin

doobin

I bought a Hardlife Scandinavian grading bucket (actually Scotts in Ireland - they make them for Hardlife) for my 6 tonner. It was nicely made and was apparently the correct size for my machine but was ridiculously large/unusable. It would have probably been ok on an 8 tonner. I ended up with a good deal on an Engcon and I have to say it’s a lovely bucket.
If you want a special then Aiden is definitely your man!
I did the same for my machine a few years ago. Used it maybe ten times before saying fuck it, and going back to ditcher profile. The bloke at Hardlife is just a dickhead middleman.

Komatsu

Komatsu

I did the same for my machine a few years ago. Used it maybe ten times before saying fuck it, and going back to ditcher profile. The bloke at Hardlife is just a dickhead middleman.
Yeh, I’d stay away from them too, you pay cheap, you pay twice.

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

Hello folks, been lurking for a few weeks but thought I'd be better signing up :)

Thanks in advance.
(Thank you to all who have recommended Engcon)

We can supply pretty much anything you want Warrior, without a top bracket if necessary. I'm slightly curious why you would want a Scandi grading bucket for a tilting hitch as one of the key features of the design is the scalloped back/corners which are designed to avoid bashing things as you rotate the bucket (which you wan't be doing....)

A genuine Engcon grading bucket for a 5 tonner (250 litres, 1200mm wide, 155kg) is £650 ex Tewkesbury. Both the weight and the price include an S40/S45 top bracket. I can work out what it will be without if you would like me to.

HTH

Robert

Last edited:
Engcon UK

Engcon UK

We can supply pretty much anything you want Warrior, without a top bracket if necessary. I'm slightly curious why you would want a Scandi grading bucket for a tilting hitch as one of the key features of the design is the scalloped back/corners which are designed to avoid bashing things as you rotate the bucket (which you wan't be doing....)

A genuine Engcon grading bucket for a 5 tonner (250 litres, 1200mm wide, 155kg) is £650 ex Tewkesbury.

HTH

Robert
Sorry - I've just realised I should have put this in classifieds................:whistle::)

W

warrior89

Thanks for everyones help it's greatly appreciated.

I read some years ago they had better clean up when working on the angle etc but to be honest I don't know if thats true or not, I've never tried one. It was just an idea whilst I had too much time on my hands :sneaky:

I maybe just need to go all out and get a tiltrotator :unsure:

doobin

doobin

I run a tilt hitch and I always use the ditcher, not the scandi style.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better

We can supply pretty much anything you want Warrior, without a top bracket if necessary. I'm slightly curious why you would want a Scandi grading bucket for a tilting hitch as one of the key features of the design is the scalloped back/corners which are designed to avoid bashing things as you rotate the bucket (which you won't be doing....)

A genuine Engcon grading bucket for a 5 tonner (250 litres, 1200mm wide, 155kg) is £650 ex Tewkesbury. Both the weight and the price include an S40/S45 top bracket. I can work out what it will be without if you would like me to.

HTH

Robert
exactly what I said to Rory the other night ........ but ...... the appeal is the long toe design, I think Robert :cool:

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Actually there are times when a simple tilting bucket would benefit from the Scandinavian style back to it, I can think of a few instances where the corner of the bucket would get in the way. But it’s no big deal really. Really depends what your doing with it I suppose.

Furniss

Furniss

Actually there are times when a simple tilting bucket would benefit from the Scandinavian style back to it, I can think of a few instances where the corner of the bucket would get in the way. But it’s no big deal really. Really depends what your doing with it I suppose.
Yep I have a tilt bucket and there are times when corners stop you using how you would like.