Routy56 - can you just....

Routy56

Routy56

Looking good. I bloody hate hanging those style of decorative rads, the brackets never want to stay in place!
Yep used 10mm fixing and they seem to have done the job 😎
The chrome pipe was exciting 😅

GazCro

GazCro

Yep although I had a new laser kicking around I used an old fashioned bubble and sighted it off the pantry door frame :cool:
That style not so bad tbh but the vertical panel type have about 10mm either way in the tab on the back.

Routy56

Routy56

Things are picking up guys (y)
Over the weekend had 3 x enquiries for digger jobs ;)

1. Can you just pull out this old hedge, level it and clear away about a ton of topsoil?
IMG_7424.jpeg
That's not a hedge - more of a bush madam :ROFLMAO:
So me and Ryan will do this next week.
Only a few miles up the road. And it's for my Godson, John and his young family.
We did a Garden Rescue in a day about 4 years ago and it's now looking superb :cool:
So it will be the 'cost of a drink' only 🍺🍺🍺

2. Then a Brother from the local Lodge asks me to have a look at his back garden.
It's on a steep slope :p
IMG_1522.jpeg
And he wants a shed/mancave built. Just want a concrete slab.
Trouble is he ain't got a clue of the size shape design etc and wanted me to make a few suggestions :ROFLMAO:
IMG_1526.jpeg
Can you just......dig out this concrete :eek:
Be a job for my new pecker after running "Paddies Motorbike beside yer crack :devilish:
Loads of dirt and concrete to come out.
So I'm gonna give it some thought, and chuck a few "estimates" at him.
Had to keep dragging him away from the "quote" word.
Think I've scared him with talk about grab lorry and concrete lorry etc - WSS 😇

3. Then had a look at - can you fill in the pond out the front and extend the driveway job :sneaky:
IMG_1536.jpeg
Gonna be exciting - they have already thrown rubble and dirt in the pond.
There a hoofing great Eucalyptus Tree with a TPO on it - WTF they are weeds :cautious:
The big roots cross the dig site for the new drive - what can possible go wrong
:eek:
IMG_1537.jpeg
Look at them roots!
And yes that's an active well there for good measure :oops:
And to cap it - can you just.......level the grass out at the back!!
Still the driveway extension is only el cheapo Type 1 with pea shingle - hate that stuff :poop:

So there you have it - loads of excitement for me and Ryan over the next week or so :LOL:

Stubota86

Stubota86

Hmm .... will have a look on their website ... that Cuprinol is water based ....... and washes off if it gets rained on before totally dry :mad: ...... only trouble is Pam gets it all over her doing it .... so will be a thinners wash down :LOL:

I've usually a few bags of cement and half a dumpy of sand about me ... but seems to have evaporated, with Pam grouting slabs on the patio ... and not gotten around to a re-stock .... in time :(

The stuff from Sovereign is really good also in my experience

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Things are picking up guys (y)
Over the weekend had 3 x enquiries for digger jobs ;)

1. Can you just pull out this old hedge, level it and clear away about a ton of topsoil?
View attachment 14600
That's not a hedge - more of a bush madam :ROFLMAO:
So me and Ryan will do this next week.
Only a few miles up the road. And it's for my Godson, John and his young family.
We did a Garden Rescue in a day about 4 years ago and it's now looking superb :cool:
So it will be the 'cost of a drink' only 🍺🍺🍺

2. Then a Brother from the local Lodge asks me to have a look at his back garden.
It's on a steep slope :p
View attachment 14601
And he wants a shed/mancave built. Just want a concrete slab.
Trouble is he ain't got a clue of the size shape design etc and wanted me to make a few suggestions :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 14602
Can you just......dig out this concrete :eek:
Be a job for my new pecker after running "Paddies Motorbike beside yer crack :devilish:
Loads of dirt and concrete to come out.
So I'm gonna give it some thought, and chuck a few "estimates" at him.
Had to keep dragging him away from the "quote" word.
Think I've scared him with talk about grab lorry and concrete lorry etc - WSS 😇

3. Then had a look at - can you fill in the pond out the front and extend the driveway job :sneaky:
View attachment 14603
Gonna be exciting - they have already thrown rubble and dirt in the pond.
There a hoofing great Eucalyptus Tree with a TPO on it - WTF they are weeds :cautious:
The big roots cross the dig site for the new drive - what can possible go wrong
:eek:
View attachment 14604
Look at them roots!
And yes that's an active well there for good measure :oops:
And to cap it - can you just.......level the grass out at the back!!
Still the driveway extension is only el cheapo Type 1 with pea shingle - hate that stuff :poop:

So there you have it - loads of excitement for me and Ryan over the next week or so :LOL:
well that'll keep you out of mischief :giggle::giggle: ....... ... give them roots a taste of "Paddies Motorbike" ;)

Stubota86

Stubota86

the issue ATM is finding anyone with stock of any thing ... closest to us for the Cuprinol is Gloucester :oops:

I have the number of the sales rep (or at least he was a year or two back!) if you need it mate, could be worth a shot. Think he sorts better pricing out too

S

Smiffy

You can cut too tree roots upto 50mm
As long as you inform the tree officer first of your intentions and they are clean cuts with a handsaw
All has to be documented not to bigger hassle

V8Druid

V8Druid

I have the number of the sales rep (or at least he was a year or two back!) if you need it mate, could be worth a shot. Think he sorts better pricing out too
thanks Boyo ... the issue is colour matching ... we've done some of it before running out :rolleyes: ... and of course, never in a million years dreamt of all this s**t and its effect on further supplies ..... plus SWMBO'd only be up for what she knows/has already used ... they'm a bit fussy like that :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Routy56

Routy56

So, yesterday me and Ryan worked our nuts off cutting back Lisa and Danny, the neighbours hedge. 😇
This is ready for one of my business partners to erect the new fence soon
Trouble is I don't only have a mini digger, but loads of other 'boys toys' to get things done 🤣

IMG_1542.jpeg
Laurel hedges can get big when trimmed lightly by home owners :eek:

IMG_1541.jpeg
You gotta go at 'em with Brother Stihl :devilish:

IMG_1543.jpeg
She said cut them back to about 5'. The new fence will be 5' and she would like a little bit poking over the top.
Advised that they are gonna get 1-2' growth above. Personally I would have stumped them right back :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1544.jpeg
Ryan with his favourite machine. We must have removed about 20 skip loads to my 'yard' for recycling ;)

IMG_1548.jpeg
In the middle of it all I found about 3 or 4 old stumps of the previous hedge.
This bungalow was built in about 1930 so they are old like me 🥴

IMG_1549.jpeg
Job done with a view across the Benford to the farmland opposite.
Wow Lisa said she loves it :love:
Think they may be revising the height of the fence and hedge......

V8Druid

V8Druid

So, yesterday me and Ryan worked our nuts off cutting back Lisa and Danny, the neighbours hedge. 😇
This is ready for one of my business partners to erect the new fence soon
Trouble is I don't only have a mini digger, but loads of other 'boys toys' to get things done 🤣

View attachment 14633
Laurel hedges can get big when trimmed lightly by home owners :eek:

View attachment 14634
You gotta go at 'em with Brother Stihl :devilish:

View attachment 14635
She said cut them back to about 5'. The new fence will be 5' and she would like a little bit poking over the top.
Advised that they are gonna get 1-2' growth above. Personally I would have stumped them right back :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 14636
Ryan with his favourite machine. We must have removed about 20 skip loads to my 'yard' for recycling ;)

View attachment 14637
In the middle of it all I found about 3 or 4 old stumps of the previous hedge.
This bungalow was built in about 1930 so they are old like me 🥴

View attachment 14638
Job done with a view across the Benford to the farmland opposite.
Wow Lisa said she loves it :love:
Think they may be revising the height of the fence and hedge......
tha's not a cut back ... tha's a massacre ... I too would've given that a nap of the earth haircut and let it grow back from there .. or better still rip the bloody lot out and pre-empt any future grief .. lot of work clearing that lot ...... you got a shredder or give it the torch ? :giggle:🔥🔥🔥

Routy56

Routy56

Yesterday was a great end to a fairly busy week.:cool:
Finished the pond fill in and driveway job mentioned on Monday.
This took was spread over 2 days because we couldn't get the Type 1 delivered until Friday morning :rolleyes:
IMG_1575.jpeg
Ryan was introduced to the laser and we got a basic dig out done ready for Type 1
IMG_0160.jpeg
Use these guys a lot for aggregates. First name terms and usually deliver quickly.
Customer wanted an 'economy job' so the recycled Type 1 crushed was ordered ;)
IMG_0165.jpeg
Love getting stuck into a pile while listening to "Pop Master" on the headphone radio :ROFLMAO:

IMG_0167.jpeg
VE Day Two Minute Silence to remember those who gave their lives in WW2 - We will remember them 😥

IMG_1587.jpeg
More new skills learnt by Ryan - how to use the Wacker down under 😝
Pea Shingle ready to be deployed......
IMG_1588.jpeg
Ryan actually loves using the Wacker and would not let me give hime a break.
He learnt that if you simply steer it with a loose grip then yer fingers don't tingle 😉
This is my old HS60 with a leaking vibe oil seal, made far worse being used upside-down 😡
Have already asked on the workshop section for what oil it uses....

IMG_0170.jpeg
Job done - happy customer with 2 extra parking spaces on what was waste ground
Home in time for lunch with SWMBO :cool:

Danny

Danny

Little jobs like that are normally nice little earners and clients really appreciate what you can do, if they get the fines right with recycled gear it goes in pretty hard.

Routy56

Routy56

.........then my mate send me a WhatsApp reminder/dig in the ribs about his little tree stump dig out/levelling job:oops:
Told him that I hadn't forgotten and was going to fit it in when passing :eek:
Little jobs like that are normally nice little earners and clients really appreciate what you can do, if they get the fines right with recycled gear it goes in pretty hard.
Yep this was good gear and whacked down nicely 🤠

Routy56

Routy56

Did I mention that it is my birthday today :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1597.jpeg

SWMBO got me a new T shirt and card :love:

IMG_1605.jpeg

And my adult daughters managed to call in to deliver essential shopping to me as a vulnerable old person ;)
In case you can't see in the shadows - supplies of beer 🍻

Stubota86

Stubota86

Did I mention that it is my birthday today :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 14820
SWMBO got me a new T shirt and card :love:

View attachment 14822
And my adult daughters managed to call in to deliver essential shopping to me as a vulnerable old person ;)
In case you can't see in the shadows - supplies of beer 🍻

Happy Birthday Routy, enjoy the 🍺

Nice to see Ryan enjoying the work, when I was his age you couldn’t keep me away from anything to do with machines or building work. Loved it.

When I was about 4/5years old my parents were having an extension built and the builders (who I vividly remember to this day, proper old school guys) were great with me, would fill up my plastic wheelbarrow and let me ‘help’ - my mum was mortified when I came in one day with a dog end 🚬 in my mouth and announced that we’d had to finish early cow we’d ‘run out of f....king bricks’ 😂

Routy56

Routy56

Happy Birthday Routy, enjoy the 🍺

Nice to see Ryan enjoying the work, when I was his age you couldn’t keep me away from anything to do with machines or building work. Loved it.

When I was about 4/5years old my parents were having an extension built and the builders (who I vividly remember to this day, proper old school guys) were great with me, would fill up my plastic wheelbarrow and let me ‘help’ - my mum was mortified when I came in one day with a dog end 🚬 in my mouth and announced that we’d had to finish early cow we’d ‘run out of f....king bricks’ 😂
Thanks matey - started beer o' clock at 1700hrs 🍻
We was chatting to another customer yesterday and he asked what the best thing was about staying with granddad and straight off the bat he said, "The work" 😇
And yep early memories are very vidid after many years. I remember almost everything about my childhood and copied the things that I liked. I remember my granddad who was a retired time served engineer. He made submarine in the WW1. Back in the 1960s when things were tough we lived with them for a while. He was always doing stuff but under his bib and brace overalls, he had a shirt (with clip on collar 'n' studs) and always wore a dickie bow.
Fred Rout.jpg

Loved that man and still consider him a role model.
Hopefully Ryan will look on me in the same light in years to come🥰