V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Happy Birthday Dave ....... just about got this in in time

V8Druid

V8Druid

Thanks Graham, better late than never boyo 🥰
Another year of fun out there and sharing it on this forum ;)
nah .... not late .... couldn't have been any 'later' without being late, but bang on midnight is still Saturday in my book :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :p 00.01 would've been late :giggle::giggle:;) ...
hope you had a great day, anyway fella .. looks like you were giving it a good go (y):cool:

Routy56

Routy56

In the Barn workshop this cold windy afternoon :p
Tearing down the Benford Dumper dashboard to trace the intermittent faults that cuts the drive and slams on the brakes :eek:
Found it......
IMG_1623.jpeg

......previous owner has pulled all the wires off the circuit breakers and stop switch, by-passed them and taped them up badly :mad:
Now gonna restore it original. Request made to @jd6820 for a wiring diagram......

Routy56

Routy56

So you guys will recall that "Can you just......" job last Friday afternoon from the WhatsApp reminder buddy :p
After lunch and before beer 'o clock went and did it.....
4e84963b-ce36-4402-b832-2553f4a94d57.jpeg

Crappy little bit of no man's land between 2 driveways. Old stumps, stones and dirt :eek:
9bde5a8a-3bca-442b-9475-f8d4fc329280.jpeg

There was so much cross fall that I had to get creative with the blade to get my bubble level.
Do I need a tilting undercarriage - maybe if I wear out this old mini :ROFLMAO:

07b860b1-f251-4381-ae62-4e4f7e0da188.jpeg

Over 2 tonnes of fairly decent soil pulled off for the pile at my yard.
Graded off ready for his turf. Even gave him 32 block pavers to make an edge beside the wall 😇

71da1324-c981-4876-b418-e03ca6ec7b74.jpeg

Job jobbed 🥰
This guy is such a good friend that I did it for 'next to nothing' and he still insisted that I take a bundle of cash :ROFLMAO:
And I was home in time for a nice hot shower and beer o'clock 🍻

Routy56

Routy56

Do you remember those nice red barrels that I acquired with the price of red diesel going down :)
IMG_1512.jpeg

We had a delivery from another Certas 'jobs worth' delivery driver that got short change from SWMBO. 😈
He tried to tell her that company policy was that they should be deliver into barrel, but while he was here he would do it for her anyway.
Apparently, if I want it in barrels, then I can order it to be delivered in barrels - WTF would I do that for 🤪

IMG_1619.jpeg

Well last weekend I got my Hyster to move them from the front drive to my Anderson Shelter fuel dump 😎
Actually quite pleased with how tidy I have now got it all.
The Armstrong pump is easy to use and has never let me down 😉

Routy56

Routy56

A friend of mine from the Lodge said, " Can you just level my garden up some I can get a shed base in?"

IMG_1646.jpeg

His back garden in on one hell of a gradient and full of tree stumps 😳

IMG_1522.jpeg

That area of concrete on the RHS had to come out to where the big crack is......
So me and Ryan got on with the job.....
Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 22.20.44.png

The 'new' Arrowhead S20 absolutely blew the concrete away in less than 10 minutes.
First time used in anger on my machine. Not that noisy but so powerful....
d3741afb-5d2a-4b24-b2b8-75edcfede43e.jpeg

Such a good investment. Looking forward to using it again soon. Childs play really 🤣
Don't worry machine was off while we had a coffee break while his daughter tried the seat🥰

d4d90b6a-1f23-4db6-a1a6-22a2ecd5be35.jpeg

600 with teeth for getting it out....
a8f16720-9302-452e-8f92-288c9998bcc0.jpeg

Nice tidy pile and site all graded off before lunch with Ryan on the Laser Staff

IMG_1648.jpeg

This is "Rodders" my son-in-law who rock up in his new Mercedes Grab Lorry 😎

IMG_1651.jpeg

There you go - another job jobbed. With snags this was gonna be 2 days, but we did it in one day.....
My friend, Steve, was well pleased with his blank canvas ready for his 8'x22' slab to built his shed on 😁

V8Druid

V8Druid

A friend of mine from the Lodge said, " Can you just level my garden up some I can get a shed base in?"
handy having a SIL with his own grab truck Boyo (y):cool:

what's the blue pipe showing on the surface ... just bits or you find the main ?

Routy56

Routy56

I hope you did'nt do a funny handshake and leave..... that would be naughty atm :ROFLMAO:
No but we managed to roll our trouser legs up 🤣
Funny thing is that just before 'lock down' and all the malarky that preceded it we actually had a small meeting.
We had hand sanitisers and loads of hand washing, some of us still shook hands while others simply numbered elbows.
Obviously all such meetings are now postponed UFN, but we often 'meet up, via Zoom or Teams 😁
We are running a 'buddy system' for our vulnerable members and others in the community.
Proud to have been a Freemason since 1987 and will now tell anyone :)
IMG_8431.jpeg
It's bit like any other club or interest for networking. Many of my customers, especially builders, are Freemasons.
Now, I wonder how many of PlantTalk members are 'On the Square" :giggle:

Routy56

Routy56

what's the blue pipe showing on the surface ... just bits or you find the main ?
Yes it is Graham - when I say 'his lorry' it's owned by Dig Rent Ltd, the company he works for.
You may recall last up until last year he was a self employed 'dry liner'. He had a few problems with that job.
You don't work, you don't get paid etc! The work was starting to 'beat up' his fit body, he'll be 40 later this year :oops:
So we had a long chat about his future with my youngest daughter etc. and he said that he actually fancied being a lorry driver.
'Bank of Dad' sponsored him to take his Category C Training and Test 🥰
FSZH8332.jpeg
That was on 12th July 2019 and he hasn't looked back since then. This stuff will interest @JD450A Rory :cool:
Found work easily - he knows building sites so Tipper Work as the way to go
Funny thing is that when he applied for jobs the big operators such as SRC, where I know other drivers and Transport Manager etc.
They messed him about and didn't take him on.
Then he applied to Dig Rent, run by a father and son. They have got loads of brand new tippers, excavators, crushers and other stuff.
On Rod's start day the young boss was supposed to take him to for 2 days.
Didn't happen - other driver had pulled a sickie, so Rod was asked, "Be alright on yer own then?" :rolleyes:
He took to it like a duck to water, and he is now their go to man to get things moving.
They quickly got him trained up on lorry loaders for the grab lorry and got him a new one to play with.
They love him because, he'll often jump on a digger to self load at the yard or even at customers premises.
They even have trusted him to run the crusher at the yard, while other driver's have been off furloughed 🤣
And yes, I am proud of him and gives me excellent service 🥰

Last edited:
Routy56

Routy56

......nearly forgot to answer this in my excitement!
Well spotted - like a true banksman watching the dig and not his smart phone :rolleyes:
That blue stuff is the remains of blue rubble sacks that we folded into the Muckaway .
My friend had them filled with rubble for a year of so ago and the UV had got to them.
Any blue when digging gives me nightmares having pulled up several MDPE pipe - "There should be anywhere there mate"
Oh, sorry I forgot about that one we put in 10 years ago"
"Where's yer stop cock?" 🤣

diggerjones

diggerjones

Rod sounds like hes enjoying it. I used to drive operate everything. Skip trucks. road sweepers. Rubber ducks. Low loaders. Dozers etc. Not a master of any of them but good experience when a job comes up

V8Druid

V8Druid

....... Didn't happen - other driver had pulled a sickie, so Rod was asked, "Be alright on yer own then?" :rolleyes:
He took to it like a duck to water, and he is now their go to man to get things moving.
They quickly got him trained up on lorry loaders for the grab lorry and got him a new one to play with.
They love him because, he'll often jump on a digger to self load at the yard or even at customers premises.
They even have trusted him to run the crusher at the yard, while other driver's have been off furloughed 🤣
And yes, I am proud of him and gives me excellent service 🥰
job security ... never say no, give anything a go and make yerself indispensable ... virtually guaranteed route to long term employment ;) (y)