Ricky Magee and Sons Plant Hire

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
They are a class machine, fitted an iDig to one a while ago, super smooth (y)
they'd have to be pretty special to warrant the ravings that Rory makes about them ..... a hard man to impress :rolleyes:
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
they'd have to be pretty special to warrant the ravings that Rory makes about them ..... a hard man to impress :rolleyes:
Genuinely not looking to start a bashing thread but not been out long enough yet and i don't mean not enough with decent hours on the clock yet i mean not long enough for jcb to start fitting cheaper components. They may not do this for a change but that would be a big shift in the way they work as a company.
 
JimboCX

JimboCX

Well-known member
They are a class machine, fitted an iDig to one a while ago, super smooth (y)
Wilson farming has some connection to DJ strain. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
B7A90714-01CC-4A7B-838E-395B16FD34A5.png
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
I'd not be advertising that spectacular piece of slinging if I were touting for business :oops::oops: only interest that's gonna get you is from HSE
I think they are in Ireland Graham - anything goes!!!
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
Genuinely not looking to start a bashing thread but not been out long enough yet and i don't mean not enough with decent hours on the clock yet i mean not long enough for jcb to start fitting cheaper components. They may not do this for a change but that would be a big shift in the way they work as a company.
I laughed when I read this initially. But now I think about it it’s one of most depressing comments of late.
you don’t want to start JCB bashing.....then you start bashing.
Fucksake, nobody is forcing you to own one, you’ve moved on to better things in your eye, so why not just put the big stick down 🤷‍♂️
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
This wilson farming group. Are they the one's from Lancashire. If same crowd, they farm round here.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I laughed when I read this initially. But now I think about it it’s one of most depressing comments of late.
you don’t want to start JCB bashing.....then you start bashing.
Fucksake, nobody is forcing you to own one, you’ve moved on to better things in your eye, so why not just put the big stick down 🤷‍♂️
bit harsh James :( Gaz was merely expressing an opinion on their reputation for doing so, that precedes them ... plasticine pins, cling film chrome, etc. ... exponent that Rory is .... he's had a reasonable amount to say about quality issues too. :unsure:
Genuinely not looking to start a bashing thread but not been out long enough yet and i don't mean not enough with decent hours on the clock yet i mean not long enough for jcb to start fitting cheaper components. They may not do this for a change but that would be a big shift in the way they work as a company.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Not necessarily, when you are really in the shite, then a blade is the worst thing you can have!
aye, can see that, if you're up to the top of the tracks in sh1t .... or worse ..... be like an anchor (y)
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
bit harsh James :( Gaz was merely expressing an opinion on their reputation for doing so, that precedes them ... plasticine pins, cling film chrome, etc. ... exponent that Rory is .... he's had a reasonable amount to say about quality issues too. :unsure:
Well you may think it’s harsh, that’s your opinion.

Rory has indeed been critical where need be and also praised things where he feels it’s worthy.

I myself do not deny it when there are improvements to be made and quality should be better. But I hope I make those comments based on experience.

Constantly slating a brand and their individual products based on hearsay is not constructive IMO and I think that is a bit harsh, but that’s just my opinion.

Where is the proof that JCB reduce the quality of components after a few years? They may just use shite from the start? Or they may not? They may inadvertently reduce quality as a side effect of reducing production costs, but can anyone prove that?
Relentlessly bashing JCB is just getting a bit tiresome. I know Gaz has owned them and I think he still has one or two JCB machines? And I’m sure he has some valid opinions based on the machines he’s owned and their respective quality. But how can anyone honestly have a balanced opinion about a machine they may never have operated, let alone owned?
I fear that much of JCBs online reputation is based on gossip rather than real experiences and people jumping on the bashing bandwagon.
 
Top