R.Sanders Plant

GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
[

QUOTE="JD450A, post: 36933, member: 7"]
Unfortunately a Hooka is (much like this) a hard one to sell to thick builders..... Yes I want a expensive item of plant to do the hard work instead of three labourers, no I don't want someone competent to come and operate it i'd like to drive it myself as it can't be much harder than my transit..... Oh it's £100 a day, I can get two labourers for that..... :rolleyes:

was one on fleabay a few months ago, like new ....... guy couldn't make any money with it for the reasons Rory stated
[/QUOTE]
Trouble you have with gear like the hooka they are so expensive to buy you have to charge a high rate for them. If there's already half a dozen lads on site to man handle the one steel beam into place it doesn't justify the cost of getting the man in with the hooka.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I've had a man cage on the front a couple of times. Doesn't meet current specs about being able to operate it from the cage, but a lot better than a ladder when you have tools with you.
The fork bit was custom built. It was originally a self loading dumper, but I wanted to be able to move bulk bags and pallets of stuff. It did a good job, but tracks are not ideally suited to my needs and it is a bit slow over long distances, so I changed to a Norcar.
On the other hand it is a lot more suited to Rory's needs, so a deal was done.

What your saying is I'm rougher than you 😂

R.E man cage....
 

Attachments

  • 1592128073961-1720540160.jpg
    1592128073961-1720540160.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 360
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
R.E man cage....
I've seen pictures of one like that mounted on the front of an avant so it would work. I think the avant had stabiliser legs, but you have penty of auxilaries set up.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Not being funny mate but that looks like a deathtrap. It looks like it's already in the scrapyard too.. :ROFLMAO:
Course it's a deathtrap, are you not familiar with my reputation 😂

That picker has legs. So should be fine
 

Attachments

  • 1592128884383-1223435010.jpg
    1592128884383-1223435010.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 364
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Course it's a deathtrap, are you not familiar with my reputation 😂

That picker has legs. So should be fine
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

also requires a decent amount of base weight too Rory ..... to keep it planted :rolleyes:
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
also requires a decent amount of base weight too Rory ..... to keep it planted :rolleyes:
Machine weight is over a ton. Similar to the Landy that picker is off. Soon add ballast.

Phase one of skip mod done.... Time for phase 2
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200614_113031.jpg
    IMG_20200614_113031.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20200614_113359.jpg
    IMG_20200614_113359.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 303
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Success 😍

Will tow it to agri engineers tonight and get them to cut the pipes and fit Q/C's to suit.

Key thing with this whole setup is it can be rigged and de rigged with nothing but a 1.5t digger. Crucial for where it is going!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200614_130252.jpg
    IMG_20200614_130252.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 323
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Success 😍

Will tow it to agri engineers tonight and get them to cut the pipes and fit Q/C's to suit.

Key thing with this whole setup is it can be rigged and de rigged with nothing but a 1.5t digger. Crucial for where it is going!
Looks ideal. I guess you took the pins out and slid the mast section off whole, then slid the skip back on the same channel. Very clever. Quick couplers and you will be able to change it over in minutes.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Looks ideal. I guess you took the pins out and slid the mast section off whole, then slid the skip back on the same channel. Very clever. Quick couplers and you will be able to change it over in minutes.
Yes, spot on.

It's hashed up for now really. I will see how much I want to use it with the forks on as I might mod it again to slide forwards on the rollers.... Or work out how to fit a sissor under it 🤔

Project 2..... Some kind big seagulls
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200614_161931.jpg
    IMG_20200614_161931.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 1592149735258-1349977276.jpg
    1592149735258-1349977276.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 328
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Yes, spot on.

It's hashed up for now really. I will see how much I want to use it with the forks on as I might mod it again to slide forwards on the rollers.... Or work out how to fit a sissor under it 🤔

Project 2..... Some kind big seagulls
where're you spacer tags and diag.s, to keep them cheeks in place Rory ... gonna pull like hell without bracing
who bored yer 80mm holes for you :)
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
where're you spacer tags and diag.s, to keep them cheeks in place Rory ... gonna pull like hell without bracing
who bored yer 80mm holes for you :)

Radial Drill :giggle:

It'll do perfectly for what I need it for. If I find myself needing to place rock armour I will have to alter the pickup on the grab as by rights it's not a Q/H Grapple. But i've enough jaw distance to munch on what I need to..... Only want to eat a combine or two and knock down some brambles 😂
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Very pleased with this so far. Motd and tax going on it tommorow
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200630_185105.jpg
    IMG_20200630_185105.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 281
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Very pleased with this so far. Motd and tax going on it tommorow
Nice one ..rare sight a proper trayback pickup over here. Make so much more sense. Good to see proper tyres...sick of seeing pickups on slicks. Like having coke without jack Daniels in it.😣
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
The one we have will suit you when its time. Its only done about 70k.
Have you got any scrap ones in your place. I after a few bits👍
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Very pleased with this so far. Motd and tax going on it tommorow
how? without rear 'eyebrows' for them rear wheels ??? ... not legal ... should have mud flaps/wings too
 
Top