R.Sanders Plant

GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
one that one do you turn the handle the wrong way? My diesel plate was a ferryman (I think) engine, which you turn anti clockwise, and the de compressor is some kind of clockwork idea that turn the knob a bit each turn of the engine. Turning anti clockwise throws some when they try and start it.
That be the same engine as the old one we had. Handle retainer was worn a bit ok if you knew but for others.......
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
My stacker has the spring catch handle so i presume it can spin with handle still on.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
My stacker has the spring catch handle so i presume it can spin with handle still on.
that'd be one that goes over the shaft i assume Jim ... these go into a dog in the end of the crank and have an ejector which chucks it out when the crank is spinning faster than the handle , similar to an old car starting handle principle (if you'm old enough to remember when all cars had a starting handle in the boot) ;):giggle:
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
That be the same engine as the old one we had. Handle retainer was worn a bit ok if you knew but for others.......
And if you just turn the de compressor until it clicks, by the time you`ve spun it over enough for the clockwork part to work and close the valves again, your knackered and slowing down :LOL: , a click on the de compressor and 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn more and it starts a treat.
 
R

Rob65

Well-known member
I've a scheme in my head involving non explosive detonators on some of the muckshifts we assist on. couple years ago on one job we ran into stuff the 210 could'nt rip which resulted in about a month of a excavator with breaker on hire

It's mostly been brought for a few odds and sods jobs. I've the option of buying another but not decided yet.

Rory,
There are several ‘low explosive’ products available. Some are better than others. Some are a lot cheaper than others and the big namebranded ones are not necessarily the best.

if you need any help or advise on this give me a shout. It’s my area of expertise.

PM me if you want more details.
Rob
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Been a busy week.

Used the drill to bore under a patio as the slabbers had forgotten to leave a duct for the BT a couple years back.

Also picked up a 2005 komatsu 1.5t for a mate. Having played with it today I'm amazed they never sold in volume. Aside from the amount of crap plastic in then they are a cracking digger to drive.... Better than a tb016 of the same era!

Sheep duct tape and a notebook the customer gave me 😂
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200711_182928.jpg
    IMG_20200711_182928.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_20200711_182906.jpg
    IMG_20200711_182906.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_20200711_135434.jpg
    IMG_20200711_135434.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20200711_120046.jpg
    IMG_20200711_120046.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_20200711_120042.jpg
    IMG_20200711_120042.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 339
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Need to get across the bridge.... It's borderline but I have a feeling it's just on the right side of the train weight.

Tows nice, Pleased with the new Ifor too.
What length ifor mines 12ft and i find dumper on other way round and about 5 inch of headboard is the sweetspot
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
What length ifor mines 12ft and i find dumper on other way round and about 5 inch of headboard is the sweetspot

12'

I like plenty of draw bar weight for traction. Not doing the distance but we do wind up going difficult places where all grip is appreciated.

Sticker is for a Private Vintage Plant club i'm a member of ;)
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
And so it goes on.

Not getting into the classic concreting discussion as we know I'm just hired in plant so I care very little 😂. Have a good customer that gives me beer though
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200717_185755.jpg
    IMG_20200717_185755.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20200717_124113.jpg
    IMG_20200717_124113.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_20200713_163151.jpg
    IMG_20200713_163151.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20200713_103956.jpg
    IMG_20200713_103956.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 276
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Not a bad job, good view and interesting work.

About 40t of stone to go up to form the track bed. Winch Assistance is necessary due to rocks and traction. Got James's machine and driver in so I can focus on the tricky bits.
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 252
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 240
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Not a bad job, good view and interesting work.

About 40t of stone to go up to form the track bed. Winch Assistance is necessary due to rocks and traction. Got James's machine and driver in so I can focus on the tricky bits.
you get all the plum jobs Rory :ROFLMAO:(y)o_O
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Cool job👍I do like a job with a bit of a challenge🤔👍
I find these days I have to do them.... loose interest if it's not either a puzzle or tricky.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, Knowing what I now know I wouldn't choose plant again. Namely due to the amount of utter bullshit and bureaucracy in the modern job and the fact that quite simply the big groundbreaking stuff is done.... I enjoy being the man that can.... but theirs f**k all exciting anymore.

Modern world is very boring, and the covid s**t isn't helping..... I'd love to f**k off to mars to work..... likely most other people would be glad of that too 😂
 
Richard Hunton

Richard Hunton

Well-known member
I find these days I have to do them.... loose interest if it's not either a puzzle or tricky.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, Knowing what I now know I wouldn't choose plant again. Namely due to the amount of utter bullshit and bureaucracy in the modern job and the fact that quite simply the big groundbreaking stuff is done.... I enjoy being the man that can.... but theirs f**k all exciting anymore.

Modern world is very boring, and the covid s**t isn't helping..... I'd love to f**k off to mars to work..... likely most other people would be glad of that too 😂
I've just had the longest week of my life 4 and a half days to get inducted into a local chemical site.....

Any guess what my job remit is 🤔
 
Top