R.Sanders Plant

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
That's not the cordless one... that's a big 3 phase bastard.

The "cheap" little 9" cordless is around £500 with two batteries, Very very capable.
Agreed...I've got the 9" DeWalt , with the 9ah battery it's a handy thing...yeah your not going to be slicing slabs all day but it's surprisingly good. Slit out a trench in tarmac across a decent driveway on 2 batts a while back.👌
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I do like my new toy :love:
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 260
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
What will she lift?

About a ton. I could likely up it by adding some more counterbalance as it's the initial lift with full outreach over the tracks that is the issue.... but TBH 1t capacity is plenty for what I want it for.
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Glad you like it.
As you say it is a counterbalance issue rather than a power one for the lift capacity. Two people on the travel step helps! That or eat more pastys.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Glad you like it.
As you say it is a counterbalance issue rather than a power one for the lift capacity. Two people on the travel step helps! That or eat more pastys.
or one of Rory's feet :p:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Glad you like it.
As you say it is a counterbalance issue rather than a power one for the lift capacity. Two people on the travel step helps! That or eat more pastys.

Over the moon with it.... Should of brought it f****ng years ago but there we are 😂 Hope you had a safe journey back.

Just cutting the skip about.... Found a very easy way of changing between mast and skip, whilst also allowing me to use the skip on the forks and at 90' on the forks for trench backfill.... but that's photos for tommorow I expect.
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I told you at the time you’d like it. Very versatile bit of kit.
Once I came out of your place and followed you instructions rather than the satnav it was easy. I hadn’t realised how close to Dartmouth you are. We turn at the garage just down the road from you when going to Britannia Royal naval college.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I told you at the time you’d like it. Very versatile bit of kit.
Once I came out of your place and followed you instructions rather than the satnav it was easy. I hadn’t realised how close to Dartmouth you are. We turn at the garage just down the road from you when going to Britannia Royal naval college.

Yes no distance at all. Almost been in there a few times for another firm with Skips but over complicates it with the security passes so easier to wait a couple days for a driver to come back off sick.

As said if it's ever a advantage for you to drop gear in my yard your more than welcome. You will have to have a proper browse of the crap I've got when your down and it's dry!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Over the moon with it.... Should of brought it f****ng years ago but there we are 😂 Hope you had a safe journey back.

Just cutting the skip about.... Found a very easy way of changing between mast and skip, whilst also allowing me to use the skip on the forks and at 90' on the forks for trench backfill.... but that's photos for tommorow I expect.
yeh ........ buy a tipping skip :p:ROFLMAO:

s-l1600.jpg
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
yeh ........ buy a tipping skip :p:ROFLMAO:

Funnily enough, that was Grahams plan when he ran it, two of those.

TBH with me it'll largely stay as a forklift, but I want the skip to be mountable for the dodgier sites I do. Then i've my Flail to mount on it and also a cherrypicker..... 😂
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Funnily enough, that was Grahams plan when he ran it, two of those.

TBH with me it'll largely stay as a forklift, but I want the skip to be mountable for the dodgier sites I do. Then i've my Flail to mount on it and also a cherrypicker..... 😂
looks to be a simple solution ... if you want to control the tip ... put a cheap car trailer winch on each one .... they gravity tip very well ......or if you want to go high tech, a small ram on a couple of QCs (y)
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
I do like my new toy :love:
You know that's pretty neat....deffo a handy thing.
For those jobs shifting packs of blocks or bulk bags etc...folk ud hire that no worries.
Mate of mines been toying with buying a hooka (said carefully🙄😂) to hire out..numbers aren't stacking up atm but he's had a lot of enquiries .
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Mate of mines been toying with buying a hooka (said carefully🙄😂) to hire out..numbers aren't stacking up atm but he's had a lot of enquiries .

Unfortunately a Hooka is (much like this) a hard one to sell to thick builders..... Yes I want a expensive item of plant to do the hard work instead of three labourers, no I don't want someone competent to come and operate it i'd like to drive it myself as it can't be much harder than my transit..... Oh it's £100 a day, I can get two labourers for that..... :rolleyes:
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
Also that would replace a genie lift in a lot of scenarios. Why aren't these more popular? What you planning on shifting @JD450A
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Also that would replace a genie lift in a lot of scenarios. Why aren't these more popular? What you planning on shifting @JD450A

I've brought it mainly for the dumper skip believe it or not. That's it's paying job, once it's done that element on the job It may potentially stay on site as a forklift dependent on client/builder renumeration to move timber frame elements off a railway and close to position. .
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Also that would replace a genie lift in a lot of scenarios. Why aren't these more popular? What you planning on shifting @JD450A
I've had a man cage on the front a couple of times. Doesn't meet current specs about being able to operate it from the cage, but a lot better than a ladder when you have tools with you.
The fork bit was custom built. It was originally a self loading dumper, but I wanted to be able to move bulk bags and pallets of stuff. It did a good job, but tracks are not ideally suited to my needs and it is a bit slow over long distances, so I changed to a Norcar.
On the other hand it is a lot more suited to Rory's needs, so a deal was done.
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
I'd have thought there's a market for these from new but what do I know
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
You know that's pretty neat....deffo a handy thing.
For those jobs shifting packs of blocks or bulk bags etc...folk ud hire that no worries.
Mate of mines been toying with buying a hooka (said carefully🙄😂) to hire out..numbers aren't stacking up atm but he's had a lot of enquiries .

[

QUOTE="JD450A, post: 36933, member: 7"]
Unfortunately a Hooka is (much like this) a hard one to sell to thick builders..... Yes I want a expensive item of plant to do the hard work instead of three labourers, no I don't want someone competent to come and operate it i'd like to drive it myself as it can't be much harder than my transit..... Oh it's £100 a day, I can get two labourers for that..... :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

was one on fleabay a few months ago, like new ....... guy couldn't make any money with it for the reasons Rory stated
 
Top