R.Sanders Plant

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I think it was cheap... :ROFLMAO:

Was reasonably priced, brought off a friend. 5 Buckets, Thumb and Rop's.

Kolbelco SK20 or something. to be honest i'm not fussed on the number it's a 2.2t digger on steel tracks. Perfect for a couple jobs we have had this year. My TB015 is currently down with major final drive failure, so the 2.2t is filling in atm although really I brought it for a yard/stables machine.
 
Thomas7740

Thomas7740

Well-known member
Was reasonably priced, brought off a friend. 5 Buckets, Thumb and Rop's.

Kolbelco SK20 or something. to be honest i'm not fussed on the number it's a 2.2t digger on steel tracks. Perfect for a couple jobs we have had this year. My TB015 is currently down with major final drive failure, so the 2.2t is filling in atm although really I brought it for a yard/stables machine.
Looks handy (y) wouldn’t mind something like that myself as a yard/farm machine
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
Was reasonably priced, brought off a friend. 5 Buckets, Thumb and Rop's.

Kolbelco SK20 or something. to be honest i'm not fussed on the number it's a 2.2t digger on steel tracks. Perfect for a couple jobs we have had this year. My TB015 is currently down with major final drive failure, so the 2.2t is filling in atm although really I brought it for a yard/stables machine.
So did you buy it or bring it:ROFLMAO::p
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 501
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 478
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 470
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 475
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 439
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 461
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 471
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 495
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Handy looking long reach, Rory (y)

Your 803?

A mates, I've told him I want first dib's. 15,000hrs on the clock and still sweet..... Needed it short notice and she was the only machine available.... Tim who owns it was reluctant as it had been stood up since I last used it in the spring.... started on the button.

Long reach is a nice bit of kit too.
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
Great those old 803's are - esp with long blade :) - I would buy another if I come across a tidy one still left about - I sold one to a mate with a farm about 6 years ago and it has been utterly abused - hardly greased - never serviced - door left open all winter and it refuses to give up
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Had a bit of rain today, End of the season is definitely here.

Final drive has been sourced for the little TB015, as has a new standard dipper arm. Reason being after 18 years of abuse and over 3500hrs the extendadig needs a overhaul, she is also going on semi self drive as soon as she's working so a Numpty stick will be better for the next few months..... Hopefully get her out of the workshop next week and then put the Kolbelco in as she sheared the sun gear last week and has a seal gone on the main ram..... Both are old diggers but equally both owe me nothing (well the Kolbelco owes me a small amount but nothing compared to the cost of another 2.2t machine) so worth he expense.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170317_105923.jpg
    IMG_20170317_105923.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_20170502_105641.jpg
    IMG_20170502_105641.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 424
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Had a bit of rain today, End of the season is definitely here.

Final drive has been sourced for the little TB015, as has a new standard dipper arm. Reason being after 18 years of abuse and over 3500hrs the extendadig needs a overhaul, she is also going on semi self drive as soon as she's working so a Numpty stick will be better for the next few months..... Hopefully get her out of the workshop next week and then put the Kolbelco in as she sheared the sun gear last week and has a seal gone on the main ram..... Both are old diggers but equally both owe me nothing (well the Kolbelco owes me a small amount but nothing compared to the cost of another 2.2t machine) so worth he expense.

do I take it there's a board or similar between the blade and the bucket in this pic Rory ??:confused: wheel barrow duty :rolleyes:
1538865389180.png
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
I gave it about a month before that green monstrosity failed catastrophically :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry mate. Least you can fix em. I’m always torn between running old and running new. I’ve just put four saws up for sale and ordered two new at £1500 the pair. My reasoning is that if I’m in the workshop, it’s best to be earning proper money in there. So any second hand old machine would have to be proper cheap to tempt me, which it sounds like yours was.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
which it sounds like yours was.

Very cheap in terms of bang vs buck. It's also a unusual spec on the steels which I wanted for a particular job we've tendered for anyway.

Workshop time is exactly that.... Dead time, which is the reason the Volvo has gone down the road to it's previous owners to have a new clutch slave fitted and will be going away to be painted..... WTF is the point of loosing money to stubbornly fix something yourself when someone can do a better, cheaper job!

The Mini's are a little different as neither really owe me anything...... £120/week to cross hire in a 1.9t machine so it's not breaking the bank to have them stood atm. However we do need a functioning mini really as occasionally we do pipe bursts and that can be 24/7. I also want a yard mini as I never have any machines back the fkn yard (I have been using the 450A as a forklift for the past 3 months).... I want to have in the yard a Mini Ex and a small forklift tbh.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
do I take it there's a board or similar between the blade and the bucket in this pic Rory ??:confused: wheel barrow duty :rolleyes:

Yes, I Charge Scotty £300 + Vat a day hire as he's out of my area.... we rock up, dig and f**k off......

However I dug said footings out in under two hours..... so I felt bad and wound up helping him drag the materials in.
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Very cheap in terms of bang vs buck. It's also a unusual spec on the steels which I wanted for a particular job we've tendered for anyway.

Workshop time is exactly that.... Dead time, which is the reason the Volvo has gone down the road to it's previous owners to have a new clutch slave fitted and will be going away to be painted..... WTF is the point of loosing money to stubbornly fix something yourself when someone can do a better, cheaper job!

The Mini's are a little different as neither really owe me anything...... £120/week to cross hire in a 1.9t machine so it's not breaking the bank to have them stood atm. However we do need a functioning mini really as occasionally we do pipe bursts and that can be 24/7. I also want a yard mini as I never have any machines back the fkn yard (I have been using the 450A as a forklift for the past 3 months).... I want to have in the yard a Mini Ex and a small forklift tbh.

My forklift has been brilliant. Keep an eye out for an old Kalmar CQD series machine for around £1500. Landy or Perkins engine, with a torque convertor. Nice and simple and most importantly a ton of room to work in for servicing. Seat off, sides open and it's all in front of you.

2018-01-05 08.54.48.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: CPS
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
My forklift has been brilliant. Keep an eye out for an old Kalmar CQD series machine for around £1500. Landy or Perkins engine, with a torque convertor. Nice and simple and most importantly a ton of room to work in for servicing. Seat off, sides open and it's all in front of you.

Pretty much what i'm after, perhaps a tad small as I need one mainly enough to do a little bit of off highway work (on our hardcore yard) and likewise want one that can safely handle a pack of blocks. There is a nice Boss for sale in Southampton that ticks my boxes including a low mast! but there are other purchases (notably a dozer) to come first so it's a little too soon.

All in time. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Part-Ex-...636834?hash=item21490ef162:g:uFMAAOSwxSZbq1SZ
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
That's a two ton, they did a 2.5 and I think maybe a three but that might be a different design.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Pretty much what i'm after, perhaps a tad small as I need one mainly enough to do a little bit of off highway work (on our hardcore yard) and likewise want one that can safely handle a pack of blocks. There is a nice Boss for sale in Southampton that ticks my boxes including a low mast! but there are other purchases (notably a dozer) to come first so it's a little too soon.

All in time. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Part-Ex-...636834?hash=item21490ef162:g:uFMAAOSwxSZbq1SZ

The daewoo's with the larger numatic drive tyres do very well on crushed concrete or plannings as long as they are pretty level and you dont turn to tightly
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
you really want pneumatics if you're off concrete / tarmac with it ... solids're real hard work ..... find a Hyster ... you won't better them .... I've had all sorts ... old H80c take some beating .... but 4t ... bigger than any of these ... lift 5 t no sweat
 
T

topkit

Well-known member
What about a Sanderson Rtfl they have the scissor forks so you can load and unload from one side of a lorry, Sambron used to be pretty popular as well, We had a solid tyre forklift and unless it was on tarmac or concrete it was a nightmare!
 
Top