R.Sanders Plant

Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Rush jobs for friends.

Speaking to James over the weekend, call had come in urgently for the 220 to go over to Dawlish on a shafting job. Sounded interesting and as has no doubt been realised by all on here I pick and choose where I am and what I do, so said i'd go if no one was free.

Rocked up Tuesday on the first available transport slot. Basically the shaft had stalled due to shitty geology and they needed to dig under the cutting ring (Steel ring under the concrete segments) in order to get it moving. The shafting grab can't dig under it hence us being required.

Two days of fighting, a few tricks and several hundred tons of force from the rams and it's moving again, back tomorrow to see it off as far as I can reach. Real cracking lads from Birmingham doing the shafting, been a long time since I truly dug blind but we got there!

X series is/has always been a lovely drive. JCB have yet again proven there back up as apparently a new set of tracks are on there way.... long story short this one came with seized links and the decision has been taken to give us a new set.... which is unexpected! :love: Great backup from factory team.

Is that down by Sainsbury’s Rory ?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
When you say "well" Ollie was it an abandoned well that'd been filled or a naturally occurring rising aquifer ?:unsure: Was a hell of a depth :oops:
 
K

Komatsu

Well-known member
When you say "well" Ollie was it an abandoned well that'd been filled or a naturally occurring rising aquifer ?:unsure: Was a hell of a depth :oops:
It was an abandoned one that had been filled, was a bit of headache down to the fact that we then had to get an archaeologist confined space trained to go down and stay down there as we went deeper.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
It was an abandoned one that had been filled, was a bit of headache down to the fact that we then had to get an archaeologist confined space trained to go down and stay down there as we went deeper.
can you imagine digging that originally :eek::eek:o_O
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
Rory of today doing a small job😁😁😁
 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1569092938995.jpg
    FB_IMG_1569092938995.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 227
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
On another note.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takeuchi...805689?hash=item4b6a68e1f9:g:kgEAAOSwiqNdc9FP

2 years, around 1750hrs.... To my estimation that's dropped 20k minimum (A new one is well over 60k). About £11.50 in depreciation per hour :cry:

I might be missing something, but industry seems to be at around £35-£40hr for 7-9 tonners.

£40 - £18 (Which you want as a operator minimum at present if your worth salt) - £5 for fuel etc - £11.50 Depreciation = £5.50 a hour profit.

I'm glad I'm running the kit I am... I've a horrible feeling next year is going to be a very rough one for those relying on finance.
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
On another note.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takeuchi...805689?hash=item4b6a68e1f9:g:kgEAAOSwiqNdc9FP

2 years, around 1750hrs.... To my estimation that's dropped 20k minimum (A new one is well over 60k). About £11.50 in depreciation per hour :cry:

I might be missing something, but industry seems to be at around £35-£40hr for 7-9 tonners.

£40 - £18 (Which you want as a operator minimum at present if your worth salt) - £5 for fuel etc - £11.50 Depreciation = £5.50 a hour profit.

I'm glad I'm running the kit I am... I've a horrible feeling next year is going to be a very rough one for those relying on finance.

That is without the overheads such as yard rental, rates, van, etc.
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
Machine hours used and hours paid are not the same!! So depending on if it was hire Co or contractor owned there is still money in there!!
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
He's moving it on a bit soon I think. If he'd done as I do and keep it for 5 years with a 5 year warranty, the figures will look much better.

I think the main problem is that a big machine doesn't rent out for bugger all more than a little one once you take fuel into consideration, and there's way more cost in moving it about. For this reason I ummed and ahhed about getting the 2.7t, but if you've got enough of your own jobs to use one rather than always being general hire, I think you'll do OK with any size machine.

As it stands I've got thee machines, 1.2, 1.9 and 2.7, three and a half years old to brand new, plus loads of buckets and attachments. I'll be paying just over a grand a month in finance for the next year and a bit, then around £800 for another 4/5.Realistically speaking I just need to take the micro out for four days a month at £250/day to cover my finance.
 
Last edited:
Top