Poxy Weather

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
coming down out there fairish ATM ... just glad it's wet and not white .... 50mil of rain equates to 400mm of white shite :oops: .. apparently :rolleyes::unsure:

V8Druid

V8Druid

It baffles me that they move a gauge to the top of honister pass where its always blowing a gale. You'd think the rain would be horizontal and miss it unless it's actually catching it on the way past and thats where the record breaking readings keep coming from. Either way i think the move is deliberate by i would assume the EA.
probably using a modified tuba to catch it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GazCro

GazCro

Yes often wondered...was always seathwaite then suddenly honister.
EA must have spent a few quid between Keswick and Kendal last 10 years 🤦‍♂️
Tbh they've not got started spending in kendal. As for keswick between the main project and a few others they'll have spent at least 10m and haven't stopped the original flooding problem but as a knock on of their defences have started flooding places which have never flooded before. This is why i believe they have moved the rain gauge so you can't compare the last 100 odd years of rainfall figures and floods to that of 2015 which is the only flood we've had post defences.

CPS

CPS

Heavy rain here this evening, Heaviest I have seen in a look time.... and persistent

Furniss

Furniss

Sorry to hear about your dodgy weather chaps.....Just had a week down south on the trials bikes and missed it 😉
20211027_160112.jpg

20211028_081827.jpg

20211027_172039.jpg

Furniss

Furniss

20211023_155405.jpg

20211024_182950.jpg

20211028_083358.jpg

Ardèche.....went down as a minder for a lad in French championship in Goudargues then went to Chamadou for a bit of training then Rouchepaule for a day's riding before heading home knackered and sore
20211026_194327.jpg

20211028_081804.jpg

If its on its gone 🙂

Attachments

• 20211022_161621.jpg
    20211022_161621.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 115
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Couldn’t tag the video, but it is definitely wet here!!

Attachments

• 7614836A-9C4A-44F0-A6C8-F4F4D8766AF1.png
    7614836A-9C4A-44F0-A6C8-F4F4D8766AF1.png
    985.3 KB · Views: 108
V8Druid

V8Druid

Couldn’t tag the video, but it is definitely wet here!!
have to upload it to youtube Shaun ........
was some bit wet here last night too .... like someone tipping gravel on the veluxs all night .... unreal !! :oops::oops: .... wouldn't want to be on low lying ground

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Been in and off all day but been coming down something crazy tonight and floodalert just come in.

V8Druid

V8Druid

been absolutely wild here all day .... put yer nose out the door and you'm seriously wet .... wind is forecast to die back a bit in the early hours ... but still blowing a hooley here and lashing down

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

4x4s and boats only down our lane 🤪 not seen rain like this for a bit

B

bobthebuilder

been absolutely wild here all day .... put yer nose out the door and you'm seriously wet .... wind is forecast to die back a bit in the early hours ... but still blowing a hooley here and lashing down
been a beauty of a day here ,i am not that far from you

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Another brilliant day for the Darwin awards "let's try and drown our cars team" here.
3 cars and a van so far in our lane. Despite cc highways signage etc etc. Great study of human psychology

GazCro

GazCro

Another brilliant day for the Darwin awards "let's try and drown our cars team" here.
3 cars and a van so far in our lane. Despite cc highways signage etc etc. Great study of human psychology
Bmw's by any chance?

V8Druid

V8Druid

been a beauty of a day here ,i am not that far from you
no you're not ... but was pretty crap here yesterday (that was posted just after midnight last night) ;)
better-ish today .... has had its moments ... sun shining and lashing down at the same time a few times ... morning shot with treatment, followed by a trip to town for essentials and collect some stuff Pam had ordered ..gone 3 by the time we'd done it all ... was raining on the patio and dry at the back door at one point :oops:o_O

V8Druid

V8Druid

so what has everyone had the last 36+ hrs then ? .....
been bloody wild here ... horizontal rain, snow for about 20 minutes (good job it didn't continue) 40 - 50+mph winds ...
last night was probably (and I know I've said it before, but) the worst night in the 11 years we've been here ... amazed there's not more damage ..thought the roof was gonna be away about 4 a.m :oops: ..... only one slate off, but has lifted the ridge, escaping :(:mad: ... too windy still, to do anything about it though and according to the forecast that North wind is with us 'til mid day Monday :( ... feels like -3 / -4 C out there :( ... bitter !!

see there was a pub in Yorkshire - highest in the UK - snowed in last night and the hills around are all white here ..... wind has obviously taken the TV mast out locally as there's been no signal here all day, much to Pam's annoyance :rolleyes:
winter is arriving with a vengeance