Plant trailers

S

Smiffy

Having had two side by side I think the gh is a lot nicer trailer in every way than the gx
The gh is a really well designed trailer
Gx's are really easy to break the tailgates get bent easily the mud guards get bent easily and the tie down points are awkward

D

DaveDCB

Im looking at adding a GX126 double not tri axle so i can tow my dumpers around coming in at £2.9k with full width
Including vat I hope?

ring all your local dealers, you’d be surprised how much price difference there is between them all!

R

Russell

I doubt it the prices I have had so far a £2580 and 2700 both plus

Danny

Danny

I phoned two dealers down here there was £20 price difference...... I may have to phone around some more before i part with my money then

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 21.10.33.png

GazCro

GazCro

I phoned two dealers down here there was £20 price difference...... I may have to phone around some more before i part with my money then

View attachment 15480
The thing that puts me off the bigger plant trailers is the overall width makes them awkward getting into driveways etc. I bought lm126 instead. Moved 3 ton dumper about plenty on it provided you get it balanced tows bang on and you can drop sides and load pallets on etc. Just a lot more flexible for me.

dod

dod

If you buy anything other than a new Ifor every 3-4 years then your doing it wrong!! There are far better made trailers out there but the residual value is second to none.

We have a GH126. New in February. £2700 with LEDs

We also have a 15ft tiltbed. full width rear ramp. Think it was about £3350 new. much more versatile. Loading is not much more of a hassle. I don't bother pumping it up when loading a digger just unlatch at the front and drive on

M

Monkeybusiness

If you are after a decent price on an Ifor williams speak to Morris Buftons in Ludlow - a brilliant firm to deal with and they carry plenty of stock.
If you are not necessarily looking at Ifor Williams then speak to Andrew Liverseed near Preston/Leyland - (07800 996357). He sells Meredith and Eyre, Bateson (I’ve just ordered a new tri-axle tiltbed Bateson off him) and many other brands and is a really decent bloke hungry to do great deals!!!

D

DaveDCB

I doubt it the prices I have had so far a £2580 and 2700 both plus
Paid 2900 inc for mine plus the mesh sides... but I know they have had a hefty price rise in recent months, so much so that ifor direct wouldn’t even stick to a quote on a tipper that they gave me literally Three days prior, thus I never ended up buying it!

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
Paid 2900 inc for mine plus the mesh sides... but I know they have had a hefty price rise in recent months, so much so that ifor direct wouldn’t even stick to a quote on a tipper that they gave me literally Three days prior, thus I never ended up buying it!
The man I sold my 3.5t Ifor to (at £1500 what I paid for it) has just PX'd it for a new one.....

£1600 trade in 😂 I told him that's the most profitable bit of plant he will ever own.

R

Russell

The man I sold my 3.5t Ifor to (at £1500 what I paid for it) has just PX'd it for a new one.....

£1600 trade in 😂 I told him that's the most profitable bit of plant he will ever own.
So far I have been offered £850 for my tipper as a trade in by a local place. One exactly the same just sold on eBay for £2450. I know people have to make money but I think they can stick their offer.

M

Monkeybusiness

The list price on those is £2925 plus vat, and that’s just the bare trailer (no dealer delivery/ali floor etc) so £2900 all in is a great deal! I’ve never known Ifor dealers get close to 20% discount.
H
Could have them a while at those prices.
They look pretty dear to me, actually a bit more than lost price for ‘new old’ stock. I suppose he has them physically there and if you need one now then he is your man though!
Yes I also have a ifor 10x5 beaver tail ramp very nice trailer . I never use it but handy to have

indespension is a good brand
Ifor are open to new dealer applications @Regy53 - you’d have to never ever mention the name Indespension again though!!!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The list price on those is £2925 plus vat, and that’s just the bare trailer (no dealer delivery/ali floor etc) so £2900 all in is a great deal! I’ve never known Ifor dealers get close to 20% discount.

They look pretty dear to me, actually a bit more than lost price for ‘new old’ stock. I suppose he has them physically there and if you need one now then he is your man though!

Ifor are open to new dealer applications @Regy53 - you’d have to never ever mention the name Indespension again though!!!
TBH, I've never been a fan .... their Indespension unit design was crap and was forever replacing units on trailers for people with Bramber units ... the people who invented the torsional rubber system, in conjunction with Moulton.
Even if your Indespension trailer wasn't overloaded, mounting a kerb or a serious pothole, loaded, would cause the unit to 'click' round 90 degrees and was ****ed .... obviously didn't apply to leaf sprung trailers .... was almost always at least one pair of their units knackered in me scrap skips

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Can’t beat a tipper for versatility. This is us currently. Yes the cement mixer is genius- I have a similar mount on the tipper truck too. I hate mixer stands with a passion.
absolutely bloody brilliant Ruben :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: as penguin piss

R

Russell

Can’t beat a tipper for versatility. This is us currently. Yes the cement mixer is genius- I have a similar mount on the tipper truck too. I hate mixer stands with a passion.
That is a good idea 👍

Nick...

Nick...

I’ve had a few ifors in my time,12 and 14 ft flats with sides but they are a pain moving diggers handling ramps etc.still got the 14ft but hardly use it.currently using a gx105 which is great.got it with 2 ramps as it’s lighter than full width ramp.now had it couple years.it replaced the same with a full width ramp which I’d used for 17 years and it was still good.apart from a few tyres and all bearings,cables and brakes replaced about 4 years ago it cost sod all.paid £1600 for it and sold it for £1000 but I could have sold dozens so I sold it too cheap.ifors are the bench mark fir trailers bit like Toyota hiluxes and all others come second.tin hat on
Nick...

Bri963

Bri963

I made the mistake of buying Ivor’s smallest plant trailer for the micro. Should have shopped round as a micro is all it’ll fit. Another foot longer and another 150 kg capacity and it would take an S70 Bobeat, most mini tractors, it’s just a bit to short. Well made apart from the galvanising which is lifting after four years, and the tie-downs are badly placed. With their rep and history I’d expect better.