Planned 2022 Purchases

M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Just don’t think I could use a 52k car/van as intended… bad enough using a 20k pickup for the first few years, not wanting to damage it etc.
My Hilux was around £28k (ish), and is a work truck - I’ll do 20k or so miles a year towing/carrying people/quoting/visiting sites etc etc in it. It’s a nice thing and (to me) was a lot of money.
I scraped the front bumper at less than 1000 miles as needed to wash ‘dead sheep juice’ out of the rear tub (which slopes forwards and creates puddles unloaded) - I ran it up a pile of road planings next to the steam cleaner to allow it to drain out and buried the fancy-painted lower trim into the gravel in doing so… I was so mad with myself at the time (but think I have got over it now…).
Last week someone scraped the front wing in a car park (3500ish miles on it) and left their details on a note on my windscreen. That sort of thing would normally upset me massively - the fact that they owned up and it was also in a hospital car park made me realise that there is a lot more to life than a bit of paint so I texted them to say not to worry about it.
New stuff is a nightmare tbh - it very quickly loses its ‘newness’, but that isn’t always a bad thing as you can then use it for what you bought it for!
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
Everything is going that way with cost, have you seen the price of 3.5t tippers! Couple of years ago the local scrap guy bought a brand new transit tipper for collecting (his smiley was undergoing serious repairs), would break my heart battering that much moneys worth!!
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
That’s the problem Dan, everything is so shiny and chrome it’s hard to keep it immaculate! But modern vehicles just ain’t made the same as the older stuff, so many plastic add on bits which look nice but will probably look pants in 5 yrs time.. think I’m going to hold onto my near 10year old Hilux for a while longer, it’s nice having No adblue/dpf just add diesel and go!
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
. think I’m going to hold onto my near 10year old Hilux for a while longer, it’s nice having No adblue/dpf just add diesel and go!
Yep, as long as you keep a bit of space in the back to put all the bits that fall off it during the day 🙃
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
First bit to start falling to bits though, thankfully plastic liner hides it 🙈
Must admit I unloaded a can of ACF50 into the loadbed before I fitted the plastic liner from new, got to of helped!
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
So went and had a play today local guys got one in.
In short .I'd buy one ...comes with full workshop manual from get go, all consumables available to buy no warranty issues as long as you use genuine stuff, they basically expect you to keep it at least 5 years. Warranties for 5.
All in all refreshingly simple and down to earth. Built like a brick sh*t house 💪💪
Sales guy ...wasn't one just a decent down to earth local lad who's also local green lane nut 😉
Apart from the ££😑🫣 but I guess what's the alternatives.
View attachment 41529
PXL_20221124_162656890.jpg
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
So went and had a play today local guys got one in.
In short .I'd buy one ...comes with full workshop manual from get go, all consumables available to buy no warranty issues as long as you use genuine stuff, they basically expect you to keep it at least 5 years. Warranties for 5.
All in all refreshingly simple and down to earth. Built like a brick sh*t house 💪💪
Sales guy ...wasn't one just a decent down to earth local lad who's also local green lane nut 😉
Apart from the ££😑🫣 but I guess what's the alternatives.
View attachment 41529
View attachment 41528
Coming with full workshop manual isn't exactly confidence inspiring. Been following a thread elsewhere on them and tbh (foil hat on here) by the delays and communications those with long standing orders have had there's still a chance they'll never get on sale
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Coming with full workshop manual isn't exactly confidence inspiring. Been following a thread elsewhere on them and tbh (foil hat on here) by the delays and communications those with long standing orders have had there's still a chance they'll never get on sale
I'd say they actually done pretty well all things considered ....deliveries due by year end ...they originally says Summer ..
Order now get early next year . Better than anyone else tbf for brand new manufacturer and new vehicle etc etc.
I think the concepts ruddy good. Buy a new vehicle that actually lasts.
The idea of manual is they fully expect to going into commercial and companies with own workshops ...and competent owners .
Benefit of the doubt the whole things been pretty refreshing I'd say . Issue for me is the rear leg room is tight with 5 up which it will have to.
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
I'd say they actually done pretty well all things considered ....deliveries due by year end ...they originally says Summer ..
Order now get early next year . Better than anyone else tbf for brand new manufacturer and new vehicle etc etc.
I think the concepts ruddy good. Buy a new vehicle that actually lasts.
The idea of manual is they fully expect to going into commercial and companies with own workshops ...and competent owners .
Benefit of the doubt the whole things been pretty refreshing I'd say . Issue for me is the rear leg room is tight with 5 up which it will have to.
From what I've seen elsewhere it's been going on longer than that and as yet there's no guarantee what the price will be?
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
I have to say they do look good, and thinking about what will replace my Navara, this is certainly an option - especially when they release the pickup version.
I don't think you can buy any pickup for under £30k now with some spec, I know these are more like £50k with bits added but if it lasts a good few years then that's easily justified.
Big question for me will be dealer backup, parts availability and see how the initial production ones get on out in the real world. By then it will be well time for the Navara to be swapped anyway - no doubt London will change the LEZ rules to make me buy a new truck 🤷‍♂️
 
Top