OOPS

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I don’t think my spill kit would cope with that!
I read the story of this a while back ... took 'em an hour to get it shut down .... the crude was running down the roads into a suburb somewhere ... the clean up bill was immense ..... they were real lucky it didn't catch fire :eek::eek: ..... not sure it wasn't in Oz somewhere ... @ianoz might know?? :unsure:

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Not sure what happened to the picture
3B0A4E20-DBCB-42A6-AB94-95A47408DBBA.jpeg

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Well at least the counter weight didn’t get damaged:ROFLMAO:

Would of been less damage if they just pushed it out of the opening:whistle:

Exmayor

Exmayor

well I'm gobsmacked Allelys have worked with Felbermayers abroad and in this country I believe, and they have always been the utmost proffesionals so im a little surprised at that

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

well I'm gobsmacked Allelys have worked with Felbermayers abroad and in this country I believe, and they have always been the utmost proffesionals so im a little surprised at that

As we all know, irrespective of name on the kit, its the supervisors who will make it work or completely **ck it up.
Who was calling the shots on that fiasco. Clearly no communication, let alone organisation.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
it would appear the guy on the tele handler had absolutely ***k all idea of what he was doing :eek:
.... or how to use the tool he was operating IMHDO.:mad:
have removed far worse than that out of the sides of buildings over the years, with out incident, with just a crane .... all sorts of machine tools, etc. ... with some carefully thought out slinging ... :rolleyes:

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

it would appear the guy on the tele handler had absolutely ***k all idea of what he was doing..................
have removed far worse than that out of the sides of buildings over the years, with out incident, with just a crane .... all sorts of machine tools, etc. ... with some carefully thought out slinging ... :rolleyes:

Problem is supervision. In fairness, telehandler op could have been experienced BUT as you well know, with 2 lifting / involved, its a very dangerous game if 1 starts thinking for himself.
With men inside, around the load and at times probably out of eye sight of op on telehandler, I wouldn't like to have been him, making an uninstructed movement and seriously injuring someone.

M

Maffume

this one is a good ten years old and AFAIK ... was never ever reported upon by the media .... not plant but the underlying message relates to anything and everything !! :rolleyes:
" The spanking brand new Airbus 340-600, sat in its hangar in Toulouse , France without a single hour of airtime.
Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT) on November 15, 2007 to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as engine run-ups, prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi .
The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area. Then they took all four engines to take off power with a virtually empty aircraft. Not having read the run-up manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty A340-600 really is.
The take off warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit because they had all 4 engines at full power. The aircraft computers thought they were trying to take off but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc.) Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm.
This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air. The computers automatically released all the brakes and set the aircraft rocketing forward. The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature so that pilots can't land with the brakes on.
Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough to throttle back the engines from their max power setting, so the $200 million brand-new aircraft crashed into a blast barrier, totaling it. The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown, for there has been a news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere. Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Moslem Arabs. Finally, the photos are starting to leak out. "​

View attachment 3608

View attachment 3609

View attachment 3610

View attachment 3607

Always read the manual! :eek:
Fecking he'll, some muck up that.

Funnily there's a book I've read Several times Called the Checklist Manifesto from Atul Gawande.
Covers the use of checklists and the conception of their use for surgeries but it does cover how they are used in the airline industry.

Aside from this there was an old thread on 2plus2 poker forum with questions and answers to an airline pilot.
Quite interesting to get inside info from an industry like that.
I'll find a link and go and if anyone wants to read it they can.