OOPS

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
how the christ did they manage to bend that?
too fast with the forks too low, on a yard ...... apparently ..... the culprit was the guy with the grin on his 'boat race' :LOL: bet he had a different expression on his face when he came to a blinding halt :oops::unsure:

V8Druid

V8Druid

However it is straightened I don't think it could necessarily be trusted under load afterwards.
never saw it again Con :rolleyes: .... and we are talking 'farmer' here :LOL: ....... it went back very well TBF ..... suitably supported in the press, over-bent for spring back .... couldn't tell it'd been that shape after I'd finished playing with it ;)..... being a long curved bend, rather than a kink made the difference ... kinks were virtually impossible to rectify, as the material stretches/deforms too badly, to return to anywhere near its original state ;)

M

Mintsauce

Had a experience with one snapping unexpectedly after a spell of misuse much like the above. On farm :whistle:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Had a experience with one snapping unexpectedly after a spell of misuse much like the above. On farm :whistle:
quite feasible ..... the material crystallizes around the area of most deformation and can indeed snap in the right conditions :oops: .... severe cold doesn't help :( ...... slow, steady return helps a lot in straightening summat like that (y)

V8Druid

V8Druid

Anyone who has been in the vicinity of an exploding tyre would agree:eek:
too bloody right .... having been sat on top of - literally - three, 12.00-20 Michy blowouts, over the years ... I was real glad of a cab floor and seat between my bum and said Michys:eek::oops: .... the BANG does tend to shorten ones life expectancy somewhat :unsure:o_O

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Big difference between the circa 125psi in a truck tyre, and relatively low pressures in that tractor tyre, I was surprised it didn’t go with a bigger bang though!
As said, crazy to get that close to it, because you just never know wtf is going to happen!

Thing with a tractor tyre though, is volume, bloody lot of air getting out in a hurry! I’ve blown 66x43-25 terra tyres, and that’s a scary bang!

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Big difference between the circa 125psi in a truck tyre, and relatively low pressures in that tractor tyre, I was surprised it didn’t go with a bigger bang though!
As said, crazy to get that close to it, because you just never know wtf is going to happen!

Thing with a tractor tyre though, is volume, bloody lot of air getting out in a hurry! I’ve blown 66x43-25 terra tyres, and that’s a scary bang!
And costly I’d bet :eek:

V8Druid

V8Druid

And costly I’d bet :eek:
aye ... I'd rather be buying the 12.00-20 Michys for sure:oops:
wrestling the crane back on course and to a standstill is something else :eek: .... once you've swallowed your heart back down yer throat :rolleyes:

T

topkit

A few years back a chap got killed over at Gatwick when an aircraft tyre went bang on him, I've seen a battery explode that was nasty enough.

V8Druid

V8Druid

A few years back a chap got killed over at Gatwick when an aircraft tyre went bang on him, I've seen a battery explode that was nasty enough.
Yeh have experienced a truck battery going bang ..... messy and loud :oops:

Tyre place, across the road from my old place, used to have a 'poster' on their staff room notice board, re. tyre cages.;)

the pic on the poster was of a depot ceiling ... somewhere ... with a perfect imprint in the dust of a fitters body and a blood splatter at the head end.:oops:
had left a truck tyre flat on the floor inflating it, bent over it to disconnect it, at the moment it let go .... killed the fella.....
no way would it be a PC thing on a notice board these days, but was incredibly effective at getting the message across, then :rolleyes:

L

Lynchy

Yeh have experienced a truck battery going bang ..... messy and loud :oops:

Tyre place, across the road from my old place, used to have a 'poster' on their staff room notice board, re. tyre cages.;)

the pic on the poster was of a depot ceiling ... somewhere ... with a perfect imprint in the dust of a fitters body and a blood splatter at the head end.:oops:
had left a truck tyre flat on the floor inflating it, bent over it to disconnect it, at the moment it let go .... killed the fella.....
no way would it be a PC thing on a notice board these days, but was incredibly effective at getting the message across, then :rolleyes:
Happened to a bloke when I was starting out,but opposite way round,welding on truck wheel,Tyre on,inflated!!!!was experienced fabricator but new to plant n no one spotted him,Tyre explodes,sends rim up hitting workshop roof,blew lad under bench,only part sticking out was leg,you can guess where rim landed !

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Happened to a bloke when I was starting out,but opposite way round,welding on truck wheel,Tyre on,inflated!!!!was experienced fabricator but new to plant n no one spotted him,Tyre explodes,sends rim up hitting workshop roof,blew lad under bench,only part sticking out was leg,you can guess where rim landed !
Bet he never made that mistake again!

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Engineering Question
Conditions:
A backhoe weighing 22 tons is on top of a lowboy trailer and heading east on Interstate 70 near Hays, Kansas . The extended shovel arm is made of hardened refined steel and the approaching overpass is made of commercial-grade concrete, reinforced with 1 inch steel rebar spaced at 6 inch intervals in a criss-cross pattern layered at 1 foot vertical spacing.
Solve:
When the shovel arm hits the overpass, how fast do you have to be going to slice the bridge in half ? (Assume no effect for headwind and no braking by the driver.)
Extra Credit: Solve for the time and distance Required for the entire rig to come to a complete stop after hitting the overpass at the speed calculated above. Yes, you can neglect friction.
I couldn't solve it either......but who cares; the pictures are great!
P.S. The driver was on his cell phone...............

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=pcb.2265256147085013&type=3&theater&ifg=1