Vinpetrol
Well-known member
Who’s building the engine ?That's my hope but tbh it's the VW dealer that's better round here . Know them well where as the ford lot are renowned for there crap.
Who’s building the engine ?That's my hope but tbh it's the VW dealer that's better round here . Know them well where as the ford lot are renowned for there crap.
Who’s building the engine ?
Pan America ..the top model Aventura ain't commercial as less than tonne payload .
Discount lol![]()
I'd say rough guide, I got one of the first lot due over apparently...That’s what I was eyeing up, I do think they look better in pan America spec anyway. Is it 12months as a very rough guide or is that reasonably accurate?
I'd say rough guide, I got one of the first lot due over apparently...
Yes an Americana on BFGs will be ok
I got on preorder list as told em I wanted one 12 months ago, crazy situation. Think main order book opens 1st week JuneThey do seem to be keeping it under wraps a little bit, nothing on the website shouts out about ordering on
A commercial so van tax.. that drives nicer than most cars ..tows 3.5 tonne and carries 1t in the back most importantly is reliable as f.I can’t see how you lot can stomach the depreciation on theses types of trucks, I gave up buying new pick ups and vans years ago. Occasionally I spec up a van the way I’d want it if buying new but they’re ridiculously expensive and would probably drop 20k in the first year or two. The pick ups are all rubbish, not really work trucks, full of plastic and fall to bits and you’re stuck with a warranty worth next to f all.
Not being daft but I can’t work out how they sell so well. Want a nice car to get cash out the business get a Tesla, want a van buy a van, want a tow vehicle buy a Range Rover or a disco with plenty of miles under its belt that’s already lost all its money and will still do the job better than these pick ups. What am I missing?
I had 4 Navaras from new, one after the other bought outright and they essentially all cost me £2k a year in depreciation once I’d paid to swap. I’d keep them 3 years and have another new one (I kept one of them for 5 years and it still worked out the same).I’ve only ever tried an early amarok and the auto box was all over the place and had the undersized engine screaming all the time with the full 3.5t on plus the lad had nothing but problems with it, so maybe a bad one to base opinion on. Literally everyone I know with rangers has had trouble with them and ford in general. What sort of money is it costing to change each time? It used to be about £5k/year when pick ups were cheap, must be way north of that now
20k ish mileage a year, and all kept tidy.2k/year is cracking value and I’d be very happy at that, take the mot, possibly tyres, brakes, clutch etc costs off too if only running for 3 years and it’s basically free motoring. How many miles to you put on to get that figure back? Are they as new and immaculate going back?
Last ones I had new where double cab 110, bought for 27, sold two years and 13k miles later cost 5k/yr and nearly £1/mile. Replaced with Isuzu twin cab at 25k new 3 years later 60k miles about 8k. 5.7k/yr. new Nissan/Renault/Citroen all similar drop in value.
Tend to buy vans 2 yr old with 20-50k on now usually about half new price.
Problem is, they have now doubled in price since a few years back. I know it's not the same but mine was 23.5 in 2016 same model now is 50k2k/year is cracking value and I’d be very happy at that, take the mot, possibly tyres, brakes, clutch etc costs off too if only running for 3 years and it’s basically free motoring. How many miles to you put on to get that figure back? Are they as new and immaculate going back?
Last ones I had new where double cab 110, bought for 27, sold two years and 13k miles later cost 5k/yr and nearly £1/mile. Replaced with Isuzu twin cab at 25k new 3 years later 60k miles about 8k. 5.7k/yr. new Nissan/Renault/Citroen all similar drop in value.
Tend to buy vans 2 yr old with 20-50k on now usually about half new price.
Problem is, they have now doubled in price since a few years back. I know it's not the same but mine was 23.5 in 2016 same model now is 50k
To be fair my ranger has 108k on the clock so beside general servicing its had....A local company runs a big fleet of aging fords. They have always bought well second hand and run them into the ground.
They now have a massive problem that they are expensive and difficult to maintain and because they have let the whole fleet get to old they have no collateral, the vans are costing a fortune to keep on the road and realistically they need half a million quid of vans
A local company runs a big fleet of aging fords. They have always bought well second hand and run them into the ground.
They now have a massive problem that they are expensive and difficult to maintain and because they have let the whole fleet get to old they have no collateral, the vans are costing a fortune to keep on the road and realistically they need half a million quid of vans