New VW Amarok

M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Ah but have you got dags?
To be sure so it is!!!
EAFBD6EE-F9D3-44F1-8AE4-3DE056822831.jpeg
7E770081-B6BB-4C92-9E65-DC84CD807A0C.jpeg
79864EA9-A50F-4A76-B0A0-A7527F7B8259.jpeg
CE449FCD-87D0-4992-AE36-098956C2CA27.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • 0122EB39-58C0-472D-B9CC-FCF849797F1A.jpeg
    0122EB39-58C0-472D-B9CC-FCF849797F1A.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 254D5A4B-03AC-44EA-8FFD-51CF1B5D91E7.jpeg
    254D5A4B-03AC-44EA-8FFD-51CF1B5D91E7.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 186
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
I do like the look of the new Amarok, not sure I could stick a Ranger after knowing what the service is like at the Transit center where you have to take it. After having Navara's for so long, I'm used to a more civilised posh car experience and free coffee. Terms like "yes sir", "that's not a problem", and "we have cleaned your truck sir" etc. No such luck from Fords dealership....
Last Navara in 2018 was £22k plus vat. Don't think Ill ever buy a new pickup so cheap again sadly.
So I will be taking a look at the Amarok when its released, but also keeping a close eye on the Grenadier. Both seem to be dragging their feet to launch in the UK for some reason and I'd want to see how both fair for a year or so before I put my hard earned into one.
Otherwise I guess its the Hilux now they have put a better engine in it. (anyone own a new Hilux on here? Whats it like)
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
I do like the look of the new Amarok, not sure I could stick a Ranger after knowing what the service is like at the Transit center where you have to take it. After having Navara's for so long, I'm used to a more civilised posh car experience and free coffee. Terms like "yes sir", "that's not a problem", and "we have cleaned your truck sir" etc. No such luck from Fords dealership....
Last Navara in 2018 was £22k plus vat. Don't think Ill ever buy a new pickup so cheap again sadly.
So I will be taking a look at the Amarok when its released, but also keeping a close eye on the Grenadier. Both seem to be dragging their feet to launch in the UK for some reason and I'd want to see how both fair for a year or so before I put my hard earned into one.
Otherwise I guess its the Hilux now they have put a better engine in it. (anyone own a new Hilux on here? Whats it like)
Ditto on all the above ... @Monkeybusiness bought a new 2.8 and has hopefully removed the chrome bits 🤣
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Nah pristine white pickup with lots of chrome 👌
The 4wd vans I've seen all come with a little chimney pointing out the roof and a pair of surfboards. Thing is we are an hour from the sea.
This was when I collected our caravan with my old Navara. I never hitched it up to that pickup ever again - that journey was the absolute highlight of my traveller career to date!
7163ADF8-8958-4A1D-A8E4-0AF47BFC3F2A.jpeg
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I do like the look of the new Amarok, not sure I could stick a Ranger after knowing what the service is like at the Transit center where you have to take it. After having Navara's for so long, I'm used to a more civilised posh car experience and free coffee. Terms like "yes sir", "that's not a problem", and "we have cleaned your truck sir" etc. No such luck from Fords dealership....
Last Navara in 2018 was £22k plus vat. Don't think Ill ever buy a new pickup so cheap again sadly.
So I will be taking a look at the Amarok when its released, but also keeping a close eye on the Grenadier. Both seem to be dragging their feet to launch in the UK for some reason and I'd want to see how both fair for a year or so before I put my hard earned into one.
Otherwise I guess its the Hilux now they have put a better engine in it. (anyone own a new Hilux on here? Whats it like)

Don't forget you have the maxus t90ev available now. Chinese electric pickup. What more do you need.
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Ditto on all the above ... @Monkeybusiness bought a new 2.8 and has hopefully removed the chrome bits 🤣
Chrome has gone now…
84FB7A66-A6A4-4539-8E8D-C488F65949B5.jpeg

It’s a nice truck, thirsty though and I preferred my Navara to drive if I’m totally honest.
Was a big step up in price from the Nissan which (like @Gunners) was low £20s when I bought it in 2016 - this was £36k plus vat with NFU discount and they are now well over £40k I believe.
I’d honestly sell the Hilux before my van - it is better at pretty much everything!
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Have seen availability for the new shape raptor from march not sure on the wildtrack but will probably be out before the amarok
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Bit the bullet and reserved one and put deposit down.
Should see one this end if summer potentially...factory orders 12 months plus

6.5t GTW and 3.5T which isn't bad.
10 speed 3.0L 240bhp V6.

Start at 35k plus vat...mine was a few quid more. you only live once 🤦‍♂️😂
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
Bit the bullet and reserved one and put deposit down.
Should see one this end if summer potentially...factory orders 12 months plus

6.5t GTW and 3.5T which isn't bad.
10 speed 3.0L 240bhp V6.

Start at 35k plus vat...mine was a few quid more. you only live once 🤦‍♂️😂
Are they going to do a 7t gtw? I’ve got the 2019 3ltr and I love it . Only let down is it can’t legally tow enough
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Bit the bullet and reserved one and put deposit down.
Should see one this end if summer potentially...factory orders 12 months plus

6.5t GTW and 3.5T which isn't bad.
10 speed 3.0L 240bhp V6.

Start at 35k plus vat...mine was a few quid more. you only live once 🤦‍♂️😂
Mega, what model did you go for? Any discount? Or is that word banned in dealerships these day?!
 
Top