More woes around hydraulics, thumb etc

GazCro

GazCro

On my Tak the cab tilts up giving access underneath to all the valve block next to the hydraulic tank etc, is there any reason why the flow restrictor valve could be be fitted where the hose comes out of the valve block and there for just a short little hose for the excess to go straight into the tank?
Rather than it being plumbed all the way out along the arm, like to keep the arm clutter free if poss...
The thing is you only need to fit this/a valve for the thumb. You don't want it in there for running a breaker. I don't know how the aux line is switched exactly on your machine but my 235 I'm sure had the a and b switches on the joystick for the aux line and the left hand foot pedal. I don't know how much of this system is on your digger or whether it could be fitted.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
On my Tak the cab tilts up giving access underneath to all the valve block next to the hydraulic tank etc, is there any reason why the flow restrictor valve could be be fitted where the hose comes out of the valve block and there for just a short little hose for the excess to go straight into the tank?
Rather than it being plumbed all the way out along the arm, like to keep the arm clutter free if poss...
if the thumb is all you intend to use the circuit for regularly ... fine ... but if you're going to swap to a breaker regularly, you'll need to be able to by pass it ... a 3 x 1 hand operated change over valve'd do the job

Storrsy

Storrsy

The thing is you only need to fit this/a valve for the thumb. You don't want it in there for running a breaker. I don't know how the aux line is switched exactly on your machine but my 235 I'm sure had the a and b switches on the joystick for the aux line and the left hand foot pedal. I don't know how much of this system is on your digger or whether it could be fitted.
It’s just on the joystick, there is no pedal unfortunately, only the one for offset boom- the later TB228 had a pedal too. It’s becoming a real sticking point with this machine TBH, seems a small reason to want to change machines as it’s very tidy otherwise. I only currently run an auger and protech post knocker off this machine- neither of which really need B line to have much in the way of power, the auger only needs to reverse out of a hole- and knocker is single acting ram. But want a titling bucket too, plus a flail blah blah blah , and always comes down to the ruddy limited hydraulic system!

V8Druid

V8Druid

It’s just on the joystick, there is no pedal unfortunately, only the one for offset boom- the later TB228 had a pedal too. It’s becoming a real sticking point with this machine TBH, seems a small reason to want to change machines as it’s very tidy otherwise. I only currently run an auger and protech post knocker off this machine- neither of which really need B line to have much in the way of power, the auger only needs to reverse out of a hole- and knocker is single acting ram. But want a titling bucket too, plus a flail blah blah blah , and always comes down to the ruddy limited hydraulic system!
you will need a direct to tank return line to run a flail with zero back pressure in the return line Boyo ...... might be worth your while installing a DTT line now rather than later

GazCro

GazCro

Might seem a small reason but honestly rather than try and adapt and add valves to try and get a multitude of attachments to work I'd change digger. Even with a tilt bucket unless you show the flow right down you want proportional control otherwise you can't get the fine adjustment and if you slow it down enough it'll be painfully slow to use if your changing angle all the time. Why not run a fixed thumb for the time being until you decide what you want to do longer term.

CPS

CPS

To be honest all you need is a flow reducing adaptor, which is basically an adaptor with a small hole in it that will reduce the flow. yes your machine may sound under load, but it will only be for seconds and do absolutely no harm to the machine

V8Druid

V8Druid

To be honest all you need is a flow reducing adaptor, which is basically an adaptor with a small hole in it that will reduce the flow. yes your machine may sound under load, but it will only be for seconds and do absolutely no harm to the machine
gonna warm the oil up though Aiden .... going down that route he could fit an adjustable restrictor

Storrsy

Storrsy

Just sounds wrong though. Having the pump groaning away like that, and I think adding the flow restrictor makes it worse, wouldn’t it cause pump damage over the long term, I know what you mean it’s only a few seconds but some jobs I’ll be using the thumb a lot...

V8Druid

V8Druid

if the thumb is all you intend to use the circuit for regularly ... fine ... but if you're going to swap to a breaker regularly, you'll need to be able to by pass it ... a 3 x 1 hand operated change over valve'd do the job

also need one of these to isolate the flow control valve

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydrauli...968193?hash=item48d4a10701:g:BSAAAOSwHv1eKcXx

and a tee

Storrsy

Storrsy

gonna warm the oil up though Aiden .... going down that route he could fit an adjustable restrictor

Yeah that’s the jobbies, I’ve tried them already- they did slow it down but pump was really straining,

jd6820

jd6820

Yep, I'm with @CPS on this one, think this is being over complicated. Just pop a valve in the ram to reduce flow, not in the machine auxiliary circuit (not good as it would quickly knacker breakers and flails) then it would slow the operation to a rate set by the valve. The loading of the pump wouldn't be a problem. As for heating the hydraulics, I'd guarantee much less than using a breaker or flail...

The best solution is a three way flow control valve such as this: https://www.flowfitonline.com/hydra...es/hydraulic-3-way-flow-control-valve-vpr3-38

With a check valve plumbing into the (B) port so that as you send the ram in the other direction flow isn't looped back and works against the ram.

Using this method would mean the thumb could open at a rate set by the flow valve and any excess pressure bled into the other ram port and returned via spool block to tank. The valve I've attached a link to doesn't need a return to tank.... This is how I would tackle the problem, but then I do like to go the extra mile and have things perfect.

A step up would be a CETOP 3 block with some PWM valves and feed it off your auxiliary service. But this would cost thousands not hundreds and adds a lot of complexity. A bit of hardware/software could switch the auxiliary service on and off as the oil flow was required thus saving heating the oil by pumping in a constant loop. But how far do you really want to take it?

Sorry if this is a bit technical, it hopefully lays out the options available, but probably highlights just how complex the more expensive systems can be. At which point you need the right person to install/configure your setup.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
The reason it is loading the pump is due to the PRV likely being set high on the aux circuit to operate a breaker/shear etc. I can't remember if it's a variable piston pump or a gear pump on that 125.

As said elsewhere your better off spending the money on the 125.... You won't find another machine at that money that's right.

Storrsy

Storrsy

The reason it is loading the pump is due to the PRV likely being set high on the aux circuit to operate a breaker/shear etc. I can't remember if it's a variable piston pump or a gear pump on that 125.

As said elsewhere your better off spending the money on the 125.... You won't find another machine at that money that's right.

Don’t say that, I’m banking on you to snap up a bargain!

variable pump the Tak, there is pressure relief valve next to the aux hose, but too scared to go meddling with it.

T whiting

T whiting

Sounds like you need to get it to a decent hydraulics shop who know what there talking about last problem I had like that was sorted in 5 mins by someone who knew what they were doing

Storrsy

Storrsy

Thanks for all your help, a slight spanner has been thrown in the works as local dealer has a Kubota KX027-4 in stock all ready to go with a thumb that they’d fit without affecting warranty or anything, it’s not twin line auxiliaries though, but in all honesty I don’t see myself ever running a tilty.
It’s The basic version not the hi spec one- but then it has to be remembered that I’m a pretty basic person and anything complicated is just lost on me 😂

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Thanks for all your help, a slight spanner has been thrown in the works as local dealer has a Kubota KX027-4 in stock all ready to go with a thumb that they’d fit without affecting warranty or anything, it’s not twin line auxiliaries though, but in all honesty I don’t see myself ever running a tilty.
It’s The basic version not the hi spec one- but then it has to be remembered that I’m a pretty basic person and anything complicated is just lost on me 😂
Regrets are coming 😂

doobin

doobin

Yeah but you might well want to run a rotator and grab. And it never hurts to be tilty ready- brings the resale up a bit also.

GazCro

GazCro

But if you wanna run a grab under a tilty at a later date even with two lines you've not enough. 🤷‍♂️