Mogmans creations 🤔

D

DaveDCB

Continuous👍has a slew ring over a meter diameter😳

one said slew ring 😂 glad the wife takes the photos as mine are pants!
32B79011-E7DC-4956-BEFF-C0C0A7A0604C.jpeg

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
First job for the ‘new’ truck👍 a few 20 footers
5C252E18-E79C-4BC8-AFE7-298E1E670171.jpeg

this one in between a house an fence only a foot to play with, don’t think the bride would let me stick a box 6” away from her kitchen window😳😳

Mogman

Mogman

New incarnation of me old dumper
Log skidder (y) the A frame at the back just touches the floor when lower and you can see still got a fair bit of travel on the lift side of things too welded a few clutch hooks to it along with a normal hook in the middle and a tote box for the chains
1609263584057.jpeg

Speaking of chains what are these hooks for? came in the scrap and thought be good to pull a few trees with
1609263506336.jpeg

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
those hooks actually fit into the links as opposed to the way in which clutch hooks work IIRC Mog
Log skidder (y) the A frame at the back just touches the floor when lower and you can see still got a fair bit of travel on the lift side of things too welded a few clutch hooks to it along with a normal hook in the middle and a tote box for the chains
View attachment 20507
Speaking of chains what are these hooks for? came in the scrap and thought be good to pull a few trees with
View attachment 20506

Mogman

Mogman

On another note got to dig 30 odd holes for shed bases on a farm 1m square, now i only have 20 tonnes so the buckets are a bit big front to back plus i don't have a 1000mm bucket got 600 then jump to 1200, so thought id convert a old ditching bucket that i pulled from the scrap a few years back it was on 60mm pins and the hangers were too close together to do anything with my machines (have to cut them off and start again anyway) so enter my latest project
1609264561529.jpeg

wanted to keep the toe plate in one to make it easier to line up plus will be stronger
1609264736901.jpeg

wished id taken more pictures but was in the "zone":unsure: made the pins lower so it curls tighter only problem is the hangers stick out the back a bit:whistle:
1609264958295.jpeg

but still within 1 meter(y) so after a nights thinking about it, and a day cutting and shunting a bucket that didn't fit anything I own, I have a bucket that will scoop out meter square holes for fun:giggle:

Mogman

Mogman

those hooks actually fit into the links as opposed to the way in which clutch hooks work IIRC Mog
you could be right, going to use them like a chocker as the chain slips through the hooks quite well

V8Druid

V8Druid

On another note got to dig 30 odd holes for shed bases on a farm 1m square, now i only have 20 tonnes so the buckets are a bit big front to back plus i don't have a 1000mm bucket got 600 then jump to 1200, so thought id convert a old ditching bucket that i pulled from the scrap a few years back it was on 60mm pins and the hangers were too close together to do anything with my machines (have to cut them off and start again anyway) so enter my latest project
View attachment 20508
wanted to keep the toe plate in one to make it easier to line up plus will be stronger
View attachment 20510
wished id taken more pictures but was in the "zone":unsure: made the pins lower so it curls tighter only problem is the hangers stick out the back a bit:whistle:
View attachment 20511
but still within 1 meter(y) so after a nights thinking about it, and a day cutting and shunting a bucket that didn't fit anything I own, I have a bucket that will scoop out meter square holes for fun:giggle:
looks like that was identical to my 7ft bucket Mog .... good strong bucket and was supplied by Hydrema with the machine, new

V8Druid

V8Druid

you could be right, going to use them like a chocker as the chain slips through the hooks quite well
see them most often on old 'dog' chains .... I've a few lashing chains with them fitted

S

Smiffy

View attachment 20508
View attachment 20510
View attachment 20511

With agricultural sheds I've had this problem before couldn't break through the ground with a machine that would make a meter square hole
Spoke to structural engineer and he told us the calculations are done on the volume of concrete in the ground and the surface area of concrete in contact with the ground
So we now dig all holes 600mm wide then extended them in the other direction to about 1.5/1.6m and touch deeper this gives you the same amount of concrete but can dig the base with any size machinr

Mogman

Mogman

looks like that was identical to my 7ft bucket Mog .... good strong bucket and was supplied by Hydrema with the machine, new
yeah a strong bucket for sure but only 6' wide and no use to me:rolleyes: been sat here for at least 2 years:unsure:

GazCro

GazCro

With agricultural sheds I've had this problem before couldn't break through the ground with a machine that would make a meter square hole
Spoke to structural engineer and he told us the calculations are done on the volume of concrete in the ground and the surface area of concrete in contact with the ground
So we now dig all holes 600mm wide then extended them in the other direction to about 1.5/1.6m and touch deeper this gives you the same amount of concrete but can dig the base with any size machinr
I dug some holes recently to roof a yard between some buildings and they were of varying sizes depending upon span of roof. But basically they were sized according to weight of conc on bottom of stanchions to stop wind getting under roof and lifting building.

Mogman

Mogman

If I did that for this particular farmer he would have a fit:( this is a guy who only wants his concrete 5" thick with no steel in to keep costs down, but also has the concrete on hardcore/soil mix that every tom dick or harry builder tips in his yard..................very foolish and short sighted in my opinion but what do i know I'm merely a truck driver:ROFLMAO:

Mark

Mark

View attachment 20507
View attachment 20506

shipping company’s use this style of chain for securing loads to the boat for transportation.

V8Druid

V8Druid

If I did that for this particular farmer he would have a fit:( this is a guy who only wants his concrete 5" thick with no steel in to keep costs down, but also has the concrete on hardcore/soil mix that every tom dick or harry builder tips in his yard..................very foolish and short sighted in my opinion but what do i know I'm merely a truck driver:ROFLMAO:
who's gonna completely f**k that yard backing onto it with yer truck :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Routy56

Routy56

View attachment 20508
View attachment 20510
View attachment 20511
Great practical fab job there making something really useful (y)
One thing that I do often with my mini is holes for domestic soakaways.
This bucket would be ideal to dig a hole for a metre cube of baskets:cool:
You may need to wriggle it a bit to give some clearance down the sides....
....there again working for tight farmers they probably run stuff into a pit filled with rubbish :ROFLMAO:

Nick...

Nick...

Got to say that dumper looks brilliant.I often wonder why farmers don’t use em for scraping muck.just remove skip and fit simple hydraulics and a blade.dumpers are pretty indestructible too being designed for idiots to use
nick...

doobin

doobin

Got to say that dumper looks brilliant.I often wonder why farmers don’t use em for scraping muck.just remove skip and fit simple hydraulics and a blade.dumpers are pretty indestructible too being designed for idiots to use
nick...
Too easy to trap yourself against the wall, being pivot steer and running on slippery s**t!

V8Druid

V8Druid

nick...
John Rowbotham - Robotplant on the CEF (whom I've failed to get to join us sadly ) built a front end loader with a 6t Thwaites ... got some pix somewhere ... really rates it(y)