JCB 8025ZTS & BOBCAT E25

CPS

CPS

Well-known member
I think it point to P3 yes, Aux must be getting feed from ether P1 or P2 also! How many inlets are there to the valve block?
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
I think it point to P3 yes, Aux must be getting feed from ether P1 or P2 also! How many inlets are there to the valve block?

Three inlets into the valve block, P1, P2 & P3 looking at the schematic....
 

Attachments

  • Untitled Extract Pages.jpg
    Untitled Extract Pages.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 243
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Welcome to the forum, i really hate auction for plant but there is sometimes something reasonable there, bewarned though, its where we and many send our junk with issues like you have..

With regards to cleaning them up for sale.. dont paint them. you will put 9 out of 10 people off
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Welcome to the forum, i really hate auction for plant but there is sometimes something reasonable there, bewarned though, its where we and many send our junk with issues like you have..

With regards to cleaning them up for sale.. dont paint them. you will put 9 out of 10 people off
Having had a dumper which had been repainted before i got it and seen plenty resprayed machines i couldn't agree more. I'll never buy a resprayed machine again I'd rather buy it rough and paint it myself. Having said that done right there's nothing wrong with it but the problem is you can't tell. All depends how bad it is to begin with tbh.
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
Thanks guys, definitely on a learning curve here but hey ho I’m happy to go through it.

Beginning to agree on the auction, I’ve fell lucky with the BOBCAT but the JCB not so, and neither were what I call cheap.......

Anyway I’ll learn by that even if it costs me a couple of quid.

What I’m going to try and do is be as genuine as possible to anyone that’s looking to buy them, I am getting them painted because it’s easy for us to do including new graphic, for us that’s all in-house anyway and plus I want want a potential buyer to buy something that looks good and they don’t have to anything to and they’ll be proud to put there name to, crikey I’ll even put their company logos on them if they want!!, I’ll be showcasing the ‘before & after’ so they can see exactly what they were and what they are now together with receipts/pictures of all the work that’s gone into them.

I’ve never been called a pikey before😂, but I want to make sure I’m as far removed from that as possible👍

But coming back to the JCB thats definitely going to cost me money🤨🤨, by the time I’ve finished I’m not getting my money back on that one but as I’ve said, I’ll sell them right, I’ll be honest and I’ll learn by it and not make the same mistakes again......

Again thanks for all your input, invaluable......👍👍👍
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
I would agree that a painted machine would put most people off ....... having said that I bought one once that had had some panels in firms colours I saw it before in its work clothes and then had them resprayed, a quality job and it was very close to factory and you would be hard pushed to tell.

Its the oversprayed - brush painted junk that gets people running.
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Be very carful with the paint then, i would never paint a thing ever . Enough people have told me they would rather a rough machine than a painted one .. I don’t even own any plant paint apart from Komatsu yellow for our resident forklift we tidied up and we sell 300 machines a year.

also yeah auctionscan be ok there’s sometimes some meat left on the bone but the buyers fees are often forgotten and also add up. Good luck with the machines
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Is the aux line on a pedal on that age of machine. Might sound too simple (and I'd assume you'd already have checked) but my old 801 stones used to get through the hole in the floor under the pedal and jam the linkages, pedal stuck even slightly could be robbing oil from other services.
That's what happened to a mates 8015, was a different machine afterwards
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
Be very carful with the paint then, i would never paint a thing ever . Enough people have told me they would rather a rough machine than a painted one .. I don’t even own any plant paint apart from Komatsu yellow for our resident forklift we tidied up and we sell 300 machines a year.

also yeah auctionscan be ok there’s sometimes some meat left on the bone but the buyers fees are often forgotten and also add up. Good luck with the machines

Thanks Regy53, you have made me think, to be fair the BOBCAT having had a good clean looks presentable as it is, however I’m going with the paint and I’ll see how I get on.

....but thanks again, your replies are invaluable👍👍
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
So i had a guy come out this morning in the hope he was going to test my hydraulics!, well quite how you stand there in 10 seconds and declare 'its the pump mate'!! i'm not too sure, however i'm sure he knows more than i do! o_O

Anyway I've resigned myself that it is the pump so I've whipped it off and need a replacement....

Can anyone recommend where to go, of course as cheap as possible!! :):unsure:
 

Attachments

  • Hydraulic Pump.JPG
    Hydraulic Pump.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 233
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
.......also this guy was horrified i'd put 32 grade hydraulic oil in (as stated in the quick start manual) instead of 46, anyone have any views on this?
 

Attachments

  • Untitled Extract Pages.jpg
    Untitled Extract Pages.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 232
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
.......also this guy was horrified i'd put 32 grade hydraulic oil in (as stated in the quick start manual) instead of 46, anyone have any views on this?
46 is better, especially with a variable pump. But 32 isn’t going to kill it! As you’ve shown it says it’s ok in the manual. What does he think went in machines before 46 was introduced?
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
So i had a guy come out this morning in the hope he was going to test my hydraulics!, well quite how you stand there in 10 seconds and declare 'its the pump mate'!! i'm not too sure, however i'm sure he knows more than i do! o_O

Anyway I've resigned myself that it is the pump so I've whipped it off and need a replacement....

Can anyone recommend where to go, of course as cheap as possible!! :):unsure:

You could try First Plant Sales, they sell a lot on eBay, but the buy lots of stock out of the JCB auctions, so you might get lucky? If not then I think it might be worth getting it looked at by a hydraulic pump specialist, it might be repairable?
So what checks did the guy do to confirm it was the pump?
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
Yea id be trying a hydraulic specialist for a repair as it might not be as costly as you think.
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
You could try First Plant Sales, they sell a lot on eBay, but the buy lots of stock out of the JCB auctions, so you might get lucky? If not then I think it might be worth getting it looked at by a hydraulic pump specialist, it might be repairable?
So what checks did the guy do to confirm it was the pump?

Cheers, i'll give them a shout...(y)

I was hoping he was going to come laden with test kit in a nice shiny field service van so i could have a definitive (or as near as) idea what the problem is, as it was he rocked up in his car, i gave him coffee, he had a fag and didn't do any checks!:unsure::oops:, so......

A - He really knows what he's talking about....?
or...
B - He's some form of weird psychic at one with JCB's.....
or...
C - I'm about to get thoroughly fleeced....:LOL::LOL::oops:
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
Yea id be trying a hydraulic specialist for a repair as it might not be as costly as you think.

I think this is the dilemma (and to be fair i don't blame them) but the repair quote is currently £750-00 - £1300-00, they won't commit until they have stripped it....

Quite why it would be £750 if it was a very minor internal problem is anyone's guess!
 
Top