JCB 8025ZTS & BOBCAT E25

Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

New to this forum & hopefully will be able to add a bit a bit of my story to it;)

We‘re not in the construction industry at all, in fact we design and build exhibition stands in the events industry, as you can imaging in late Feb we lost all our work and still no sign when we’re getting going again:(

However before my old man started the Business 30 years ago we were both plant fitters (he had his own mobile fitter service and he pulled a few strings and got me a really good apprenticeship with a well known construction company, (I doubt that would ever happen these days!!)

Anyway in an attempt to keep us going and keep our small & very valued workforce in jobs I decided I’d go back and do the only other thing I know and that is plant!

So I’ve bought at auction two mini diggers, a BOBCAT E25 and a JCB 8025ZTS, the intention is to use my skills at plant fitting and the lads skills at making things look good!

.......and before everyone sighs ‘here we go again’ when I’ve finished with them they‘ll be spot on, they’ll work 100%, they’ll look 100% and when they go to there new owners they’ll be fully guaranteed.....

I’m waffling on here!, the BOBCAT is all done apart from just being painted, this one will make a great machine for someone!, however (and the reason for this post) is the JCB, currently I have an issue with it and I don’t know what to do, the problem is it tracks uneven (one track is faster than the other),it slews slowly, the blade is slow and it has a general lack of hydraulic power.

At first I’d say oh, track motor and hydraulic pump but I can’t help but wonder whether it’s all linked.

So, before I head off and get a new pump and track motor has anyone suggestions or more importantly some pointers on how I can test both elements to determine if they’re knackered or not.....!

As I go on I’ll post some pics up of both projects so you can see progress.....

Cheers.....(y)

CPS

CPS

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

I'd say its a pump problem, not sure if you have a single pump or double put judging by the sytoms id say double and its the problem. Try a pressure test on your hydraulic pumps before you do anything else.

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Pretty sure that will have a variable pump, as said, I’d agree, it sounds like one side of the pump is weak for some reason? Might be possible to swap the pipes on the pump, then see if the symptoms move, so the other track will now be slow ect?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Pretty sure that will have a variable pump, as said, I’d agree, it sounds like one side of the pump is weak for some reason? Might be possible to swap the pipes on the pump, then see if the symptoms move, so the other track will now be slow ect?
surely if that's VDP, it'll be a single pump James ... weak generally could be load sensing issues with the pump not opening up and the tracking issue either down to a rotary or simply a lazy motor ?

Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Thanks everyone 👍👍, forums like this are absolutely invaluable, some great pointers there already which I’ll start to have a look at, @Lancs Lad, absolutely👍, i have a duty to me, my family and the lads & lasses we employ to make sure we all get through this👍👍

V8Druid

V8Druid

Welcome and I have to say fair play at cracking on and turning your hand to something else...sick of folk sat moaning and wanting life on a plate...👏
yes .. bravo for trying an alternate string to your bow .... and welcome to the forum ..... look forward to some pix

V8Druid

V8Druid

Thanks everyone 👍👍, forums like this are absolutely invaluable, some great pointers there already which I’ll start to have a look at, @Lancs Lad, absolutely👍, i have a duty to me, my family and the lads & lasses we employ to make sure we all get through this👍👍
well said that man (y) :cool:

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

surely if that's VDP, it'll be a single pump James ... weak generally could be load sensing issues with the pump not opening up and the tracking issue either down to a rotary or simply a lazy motor ?
Not necessarily a single pump, a pic would confirm? two lines on 803 super I’m sure, and two valve blocks iirc. If it was similar, then if one side of pump was down then it would effect all services on that block. Which is initially what it sounds like.

By the way, welcome @Cheneyjawa , what age is this 8025?

Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Not necessarily a single pump, a pic would confirm? two lines on 803 super I’m sure, and two valve blocks iirc. If it was similar, then if one side of pump was down then it would effect all services on that block. Which is initially what it sounds like.

By the way, welcome @Cheneyjawa , what age is this 8025?
Thanks Shovelhands👍 The 8025 is a 2015 with 1700 hours, not much really which makes me doubly wonder what’s going on🧐🧐

GazCro

GazCro

Is the aux line on a pedal on that age of machine. Might sound too simple (and I'd assume you'd already have checked) but my old 801 stones used to get through the hole in the floor under the pedal and jam the linkages, pedal stuck even slightly could be robbing oil from other services.

CPS

CPS

Yea, I have seen a single pump with dual out lets. One set of pistons etc and a double disturbing head as such.

CPS

CPS

Is the aux line on a pedal on that age of machine. Might sound too simple (and I'd assume you'd already have checked) but my old 801 stones used to get through the hole in the floor under the pedal and jam the linkages, pedal stuck even slightly could be robbing oil from other services.
Yea a very good point also, very much worth a double check

Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Fair point GazCro and was my first port of call. I've had all the floor out to check exactly what you said and also to check all other linkages, I've also done hydraulic oil & filter change to be on the safe side, unfortunately all to no avail.....:unsure:

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Has it got a split valve block, and two feeds from the pump?

Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Has it got a split valve block, and two feeds from the pump?
So I've managed to get a decent manual for it this morning, it's made it a little more clearer what i'm dealing with but nonetheless more confusing!
It appears it's a 3 way pump and my issues seem to be at P3 apart from the tracking issue in the left track being at P2 so i'm confused!, here's the pages from the manual...

Attachments

Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Interestingly I've just selected the AUX in the machine and all hydraulics stopped working, i couldn't get anything back until i stopped & started the machine back up when everything returned, when it did i selected the AUX again and this time everything seemed to work (as poorly) as normal EXCEPT when i put my foot on the pedal to engage the AUX lines and then everything started working perfectly, the blade went up & down with plenty of power to lift the machine up & down, the slew was plenty fast enough and the tracking (seemed from my elevated position!) to be a lot better. So would this tell me P3 part of the pump is knackered except when the AUX is engaged?

(..... did someone tell me not to buy a JCB??o_O, you gotta keep smiling!!:LOL:)