Ivor Williams 3.5t

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

If, as stated, the springs still have the stickers on them and the back plates are mint, I wonder if it’s had new axles slung under it? Which would then have auto reversing brakes? I don't think Ifor have used Bradley hitches for quite some time, so something doesn’t quite add up?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
If, as stated, the springs still have the stickers on them and the back plates are mint, I wonder if it’s had new axles slung under it? Which would then have auto reversing brakes? I don't think Ifor have used Bradley hitches for quite some time, so something doesn’t quite add up?
... Hydratow HU 12, which they did use and are still available ... Think I have one here :unsure: ..... quite poss it's had axles but as it came from Dylan's mate, I'd have thought he'd have told him :rolleyes::unsure:

Last edited:
diggerjones

diggerjones

It dose'nt look like its been messed with. I would say its the original floor😨.
Everything seems original . Cost up to now. Break away cable £5. Hook up cable vehicle to front of trailer £16. 1 bulb 10p.

V8Druid

V8Druid

It dose'nt look like its been messed with. I would say its the original floor😨.
Everything seems original . Cost up to now. Break away cable £5. Hook up cable vehicle to front of trailer £16. 1 bulb 10p.
WTF do you buy bulbs for ten pence?? :oops::unsure::LOL:

Nick...

Nick...

Get my trailer parts from trailer tek.co.uk.the wheels on that trailer are definitely too small
nick...

diggerjones

diggerjones

The plot thickens 🤔
Hooked the cable i ordered up and the marker lights at front were very dim. After I'd messes about, then found my glasses. They were 24v.
Looking at the tyres it says max load 800kg at max pressure 90psi. I'm thinking it was behind a truck or something 24v.

B

Brendan

The plot thickens 🤔
Hooked the cable i ordered up and the marker lights at front were very dim. After I'd messes about, then found my glasses. They were 24v.
Looking at the tyres it says max load 800kg at max pressure 90psi. I'm thinking it was behind a truck or something 24v.
Technically a 3.2t max load, is there any part numbers on the axles to check they can take 3.5t between them

Bri963

Bri963

I’d give Ifor a ring. Always found them helpful in the past.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Technically a 3.2t max load, is there any part numbers on the axles to check they can take 3.5t between them
apparently the labels are still on the springs and axles ... google time ;)

diggerjones

diggerjones

The plate is stamped 3.5t so it definitely started life as 3.5 ton.

V8Druid

V8Druid

The plate is stamped 3.5t so it definitely started life as 3.5 ton.
some one's fitted cheaper tyres then Dyl
The plot thickens 🤔
always had a 24v lighting board behind the seats in the trucks ... with a looonger lead and 12v bulbs in the trailer lights .. 12v marked on their plugs and 24v marked on the truck's sockets

diggerjones

diggerjones

apparently the labels are still on the springs and axles ... google time ;)
Just took some more pictures before it goes off tomorrow.
20210613_191210.jpg
20210613_191117.jpg

GazCro

GazCro

Going by the hitch it'll be old enough to have needed tyres (possibly more than once) so they'll deffo not be the original. That size actually look more like what the 10x5 dropsides used to have. Could have been swapping a few bits between trailers to make a good one to keep and get rid of the other.

S

Smiffy

some one's fitted cheaper tyres then Dyl

always had a 24v lighting board behind the seats in the trucks ... with a looonger lead and 12v bulbs in the trailer lights .. 12v marked on their plugs and 24v marked on the truck's sockets

Technically if pulled thats not good enough.
If lights are fitted they should be functional.
Easy enough now with LEDs being so cheap. Also word of warning ifor bulb holders do not like being run at 24v even with 24v bulbs fitted.
Probably better built on the older ones but last generation before they went to LEDs melted.

hiluxman

hiluxman

I would of thought someone has put those mud flaps on afterwards, most of the ifor stuff I've had/seen has been placi mud flaps

diggerjones

diggerjones

Would the tow bar on the truck have to be lifted if bigger wheels/tyres fitted. It sits rides well at the moment
20210613_191349.jpg
20210613_191339.jpg
20210613_191313.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

Technically if pulled thats not good enough.
If lights are fitted they should be functional.
Easy enough now with LEDs being so cheap. Also word of warning ifor bulb holders do not like being run at 24v even with 24v bulbs fitted.
Probably better built on the older ones but last generation before they went to LEDs melted.
you are perfectly correct according to C&U reg.s , but with a functional lighting board also attached, meeting the requirement for rear illumination, it'd have needed a special (needs) kind o' plod to 'prosecute' it and doubt it would've gotten past his senior officer ;)