Hitachi zx55-eco5b

K

Komatsu

How long since you took the tilty plunge?
6/7 years ago I think? Just on with selling my first unit, kept it wanting to get a tracked machine at some point, but that’s not going to happen, so will be getting another attachment in its place.

Left hooker

Left hooker

6/7 years ago I think? Just on with selling my first unit, kept it wanting to get a tracked machine at some point, but that’s not going to happen, so will be getting another attachment in its place.
Certainly flown by considering the current engcon UK was not around at the time

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
plate on the sale pix says 2012 Ollie

K

Komatsu

Certainly flown by considering the current engcon UK was not around at the time
No it was Tiltrotators UK, That Tim Wood set up after Engcon sort of left the UK, which Tim also headed up with Daniel.

K

Komatsu

Yeh I know, just can’t remember whether it was the back end of 2012 or not, that’s all. That unit was one of the first of the “new breed”, replacing what was the out going “EC” range as in EC15 would is been my equivalent. I remember panicking a bit as was told that mine was the first off the line with a gripper on, and had I missed something as I thought everyone would take a gripper😱, but that wasn’t the case, it was just the way the orders landed.

Left hooker

Left hooker

No it was Tiltrotators UK, That Tim Wood set up after Engcon sort of left the UK, which Tim also headed up with Daniel.
Didn't Tim do something with Tom Lomax seem to remember?

K

Komatsu

Didn't Tim do something with Tom Lomax seem to remember?
That’s right, after Engcon reinvent themselves in the UK with a clean sheet so to speak, He went to Rototilt and did that with Tom..... Amongst the train wreck that left everything up in the air for a number of years, Tim actually put up some fantastic information about Engcons, in regards parts diagrams, installations and the like, very very helpful stuff, exploded drawings and the like, beleave it is still out there.🙂

Left hooker

Left hooker

Had a dipper camera for a while now wire less Bluetooth but camera nailed 9v batteries quick so modified it via a 12v to 9v dropper
Camera wire is fitted with a quick release waterproof plug for stowing away
IMG_20191219_170044.jpg
IMG_20191219_170220.jpg

Left hooker

Left hooker

Did another quick mod yesterday
Found using screen wiper a pain for light rain that only needs an odd wipe every now and then and stopping to flick the switch on and off for a quick wipe
Had a spare pair of buttons on tilty levers so made use of them also incorporating the screen wash as well

K

Komatsu

Found using screen wiper a pain for light rain that only needs an odd wipe every now and then and stopping to flick the switch on and off for a quick wipe
Had a spare pair of buttons on tilty levers so made use of them also incorporating the screen wash as well

👍🏼At this rate Stu, you’ll be turning into a service partner😀

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

that is actually something that should be standard on machines by now, it’s always a friggin fiasco using the wiper and actually has to be raining very hard to warrant having the wiper on, even intermittently, so being able to control it via the joysticks is ideal. Nice mod 👍

Left hooker

Left hooker

Well im knackered to put it bluntly hence me being quiet in here for a while works been mental juggling 2 new builds and a huge farm project to increase accommodation for incoming foreign work force
And there I thought I was going to sit back and chill like the rest of the country with a beer in hand 😂

Here's the retaining wall shuttering we have just done over a week period at one of the new builds
IMG_20200515_184139.jpg

IMG_20200516_114826_01.jpg

Footing dug 2 weeks ago and poured shutter went up last Thursday and Friday
Poured Monday shutter down and out Tuesday Wednesday now clearing over site for slab and block work for the standard build front wall had to crane blocks over retaining wall so camera came in handy
IMG_20200521_155331.jpg

Powerfab

Powerfab

This is the 60x30m slinky field im currently back filling View attachment 15425
Are these for ground source heat pumps? Seems an unusual provision for a caravan park saying they work best for underfloor heating with a high thermal mass and insulation. They're the last place I'd have thought of it being viable.

F

fred

very cool, probably the photo is deceiving but the loops dont look to be very deep ?