Hitachi zx55-eco5b

S

Smiffy

When your pulling stuff like this out from just under the existing services and hoping it don't push another rock up at same time into them

View attachment 31402

It was no criticism on you. It was about the quality of installation At least round here.
If the previous contractors knew the ground was like that surely an engineer should spec 200mm surround of shingle or sharp sand would go a long way to preventing further accidents.
There are constant news releases about safe digging and underground service strikes. Yet contractors constantly fail to do the simplest things to stop it happening. And especially in the carriageway where you have multiple contractors working and no one has a clue where anything is. And I've never heard of anyone being asked to answer for the bodges

Left hooker

Left hooker

It was no criticism on you. It was about the quality of installation At least round here.
If the previous contractors knew the ground was like that surely an engineer should spec 200mm surround of shingle or sharp sand would go a long way to preventing further accidents.
There are constant news releases about safe digging and underground service strikes. Yet contractors constantly fail to do the simplest things to stop it happening. And especially in the carriageway where you have multiple contractors working and no one has a clue where anything is. And I've never heard of anyone being asked to answer for the bodges
Know what your saying solar panel cables here are a fecking mess up and down like a hores drawers tape along side or under , bits dusted bits missed some straight on rocks and the 3 or 4 places I've gone over/under them none are in same position 😫🙄

S

Smiffy

Know what your saying solar panel cables here are a fecking mess up and down like a hores drawers tape along side or under , bits dusted bits missed some straight on rocks and the 3 or 4 places I've gone over/under them none are in same position 😫🙄

The things we find are ridiculous. Had a 2ft bundle of fibre ducts 100mm below tarmac on a main road. Electric fed down redundant surface water drains. And they decided that 300mm hand dig zone is now a 500mm hand dig zone around all known utilities.
I don't mind hand digging but when they have buried half a house under the road I don't know what these idiots expect