Harold’s hire

Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Few extra pictures of the machine , will do a video at some point to review it
 

Attachments

  • 5161C88E-F864-4D19-A1A5-710DB588DE4F.jpeg
    5161C88E-F864-4D19-A1A5-710DB588DE4F.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 353
  • 4734F22C-8BAB-40ED-89DF-BC3A0868CD02.jpeg
    4734F22C-8BAB-40ED-89DF-BC3A0868CD02.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 355
  • 3E62C7F7-1E03-4463-8E70-9496319B9BDD.jpeg
    3E62C7F7-1E03-4463-8E70-9496319B9BDD.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 299
  • D285F51D-1E9E-4BB8-ABC2-672DD4F7E109.jpeg
    D285F51D-1E9E-4BB8-ABC2-672DD4F7E109.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 304
  • 18C8A245-EF88-46C7-A454-309911BCD428.jpeg
    18C8A245-EF88-46C7-A454-309911BCD428.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 6D4AB3EC-FDE9-457F-8F2D-C5AB02E54B29.jpeg
    6D4AB3EC-FDE9-457F-8F2D-C5AB02E54B29.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 259
  • EF5ABC25-10B7-4BBE-A2CD-67437C909DDB.jpeg
    EF5ABC25-10B7-4BBE-A2CD-67437C909DDB.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 332
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
It’s a Miller hitch … very touchy subject 🤣

cat have been amazing to deal with . Miller not so much
The old cat hitches were Miller with a cat serial plate on it.

Are you dealing with finnings
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
The old cat hitches were Miller with a cat serial plate on it.

Are you dealing with finnings
I am yes , salesmen has been fantastic throughout he’s even been trying to sort milllers efforts out. Very happy with the service and over the moon with the product
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
I am yes , salesmen has been fantastic throughout he’s even been trying to sort milllers efforts out. Very happy with the service and over the moon with the product
I always had cat minis, until the last one was 5k more than bobcat. Just had a price for a new cat 1.8t
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
I always had cat minis, until the last one was 5k more than bobcat. Just had a price for a new cat 1.8t
Yeah to be fair it cost a bit but then I look at what’s included, air con, dab radio , all the same in cab features as the 8 ton machine nice big cab. It’s all so easy to use for example setting the flow for the tilt bucket you can just adjust it on screen rather than tightening the nut under the pedal 🤣. I’ll go through it all in a video it’ll be a bit easier on there

it’s just a well built machine everything seems thought about as an owner operator machine it’s perfect not sure I’d want a hire fleet of them to get abused
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Yeah to be fair it cost a bit but then I look at what’s included, air con, dab radio , all the same in cab features as the 8 ton machine nice big cab. It’s all so easy to use for example setting the flow for the tilt bucket you can just adjust it on screen rather than tightening the nut under the pedal 🤣. I’ll go through it all in a video it’ll be a bit easier on there

it’s just a well built machine everything seems thought about as an owner operator machine it’s perfect not sure I’d want a hire fleet of them to get abused
Is it a similar size and spec of machine as the taki 225 then?
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Is it a similar size and spec of machine as the taki 225 then?
Not sure on the spec of the 225 think the cabs are quiet different , and it’s all but zero tail swing which was something I wanted

it’s not a lot bigger than the 216 I think there’s only 100mm here and there very happy so far
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Air conditioning? I’ve been looking for an air con system for a mini digger for years. Do you have more details? Is it available as a retrofit kit?
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Air conditioning? I’ve been looking for an air con system for a mini digger for years. Do you have more details? Is it available as a retrofit kit?
Wouldn’t know mate it came as a standard , used to be an extra but now it’s standard was lush this week 🤣
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
Few extra pictures of the machine , will do a video at some point to review it
Certainly looks a nicely put together machine - if it operates well and the paint stays on it it could be a contender for top mini :)
where are they assembled Cat minis ?
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
They wanted 19k for a bog standard one without cab when I was asking. Add the free finance from Bobcat (saving around 3k over 5 years) and the cost was too much for me, but I would have looked at it differently were it to be my only machine. How much did that set you back? Air con is impressive on that size mini, never mind as standard. Shame I need a canopy model.
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
They wanted 19k for a bog standard one without cab when I was asking. Add the free finance from Bobcat (saving around 3k over 5 years) and the cost was too much for me, but I would have looked at it differently were it to be my only machine. How much did that set you back? Air con is impressive on that size mini, never mind as standard. Shame I need a canopy model.
Finance was something stupid like 1% on this fortunately the sale of the 216 and other bits covered it. It was £24k (jcb was 22,5 and no where near the standard ) all in seeing as it’s the only machine I own I’d rather pay a bit more and have something I’m after than a cheaper option and having a few machines it’s only me that drives them so it makes sense for us 👍🏽
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Finance was something stupid like 1% on this fortunately the sale of the 216 and other bits covered it. It was £24k (jcb was 22,5 and no where near the standard ) all in seeing as it’s the only machine I own I’d rather pay a bit more and have something I’m after than a cheaper option and having a few machines it’s only me that drives them so it makes sense for us 👍🏽
Makes sense to me mate. Either way it'll be a huge step up from the TB216, I take it it can actually handle a 600 bucket? :ROFLMAO: If I end up down your neck of the woods I want a go!

I'm off back up the hill to sweat in the sun in my canopy. Mind you, there wouldn't be much left of the glass by now with the places I take it, and I wouldn't be comfortable not being able to lean over the edge to see the tracks on this job. When I win the lottery, maybe I'll have a 1.9t with aircon for nice jobs!
 

Attachments

  • 54A59414-606C-4FA1-9BC6-2FE65E1E5F68.jpeg
    54A59414-606C-4FA1-9BC6-2FE65E1E5F68.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 281
  • A99DEA31-A0E5-4E3A-B2EE-A72603103581.jpeg
    A99DEA31-A0E5-4E3A-B2EE-A72603103581.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 1671978B-BD49-4900-AE11-2B37E1618448.jpeg
    1671978B-BD49-4900-AE11-2B37E1618448.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 253
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Finance was something stupid like 1% on this fortunately the sale of the 216 and other bits covered it. It was £24k (jcb was 22,5 and no where near the standard ) all in seeing as it’s the only machine I own I’d rather pay a bit more and have something I’m after than a cheaper option and having a few machines it’s only me that drives them so it makes sense for us 👍🏽
I've mentioned it before but 0% finance ain't the be all and end all. It only keeps the monthly payments down as at you're year end you can claim the interest paid on machinery finance back against your tax (effectively making it 0%).
 
Top