GB Groundworks

Giles

Giles

Ohh soldering iron out and getting my geek on, that computer science degree might come in handy.

battery protection circuit :-

GazCro

GazCro

Getting 16.7 volts no dead cells, power indicator doesn’t work and won’t charge throws up yellow overheat light
If its like makita chip in battery will be telling charger battery is knackered and charger won't charge it.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
anyway of fooling the chip? ........ or removing it from circuit?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
knowing these companies, that little chip probably has a counter in it ... reach the target and off it goes ... planned obsolescence ... continued sales strategy .......... chips replaceable????

Giles

Giles

last chance then. put it in the freezer overnight, take it out and let it thaw then try one last time ....

it is a 2017 battery

should work for the light build though

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Interesting stuff, had a decent Unilite 1000 Lumen little worklight that died (must have let it go dead) , they replaced foc under warranty but in chatting to their tech guy he was adament once the li on batts gone "dead" it's beyond help....🤔 No way or "recovering" it.

GazCro

GazCro

knowing these companies, that little chip probably has a counter in it ... reach the target and off it goes ... planned obsolescence ... continued sales strategy .......... chips replaceable????
Supposedly the makita batteries are monitored by the charger. When you put the battery on charge the charger checks battery condition temperature etc. If its picks a fault up the charger flashes to tell you and you unplug and plug the battery on again. Now so I'm told if the charger picks a fault up 3 times in a row on a battery it will tell the chip in the battery is faulty and thats it no makita charger will charge that battery again. Possibly aftermarket chargers might charge them. I don't know if dewalt is the same.

GazCro

GazCro

Ohh soldering iron out and getting my geek on, that computer science degree might come in handy.

battery protection circuit :-

When i adapted my makita torch i left the circuit board inside connected, I'm guessing now it's a battery protection circuit so glad i did.

Giles

Giles

Freezer test failed, going to try get a non dewalt lithium charger and use my 2 knackered batteries for my light I’m building

doobin

doobin

You buy the Chinese knockoff charger that ignores the makita chip....

Giles

Giles

Air over hydraulic actuators arrived for mini low loader, just waiting on pipe bits then will get it connected up.

Tree came down on our local station drive, so I helped the railway lads out and moved it with telehandler. They cut it up and I got the logs, new house has 2 wood burners so starting to stockpile

Attachments