Gabion walls

diggerjones

diggerjones

Anyone used the tobermore blocks for retaining walls. The customer fancys these. At least hes off the gabion idea๐Ÿ˜

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

Anyone used the tobermore blocks for retaining walls. The customer fancys these. At least hes off the gabion idea๐Ÿ˜
did you show him the allan block the guys are brand new to deal with

GazCro

GazCro

There's about 10ms at 1.6m.
The rest 1.2m.
It's says concrete footing or compacted type 1. Any thoughts?
It'll depend how you plan to actually build the wall. There's two ways with the hollow block types (i assume they are faced hollow blocks) either build on an angle stepping each course back which i think can be off type 1 or if you want plumb it'll likely be conc found rebar up hollows and fill with conc. Conc will be easier than type1 to get flat for first course either way and would be best

diggerjones

diggerjones

It'll depend how you plan to actually build the wall. There's two ways with the hollow block types (i assume they are faced hollow blocks) either build on an angle stepping each course back which i think can be off type 1 or if you want plumb it'll likely be conc found rebar up hollows and fill with conc. Conc will be easier than type1 to get flat for first course either way and would be best
The ground is pure sand at the footing. Access is not good at the moment, lots of mud. So want to push compact stone would be better

GazCro

GazCro

The ground is pure sand at the footing. Access is not good at the moment, lots of mud. So want to push compact stone would be better
The thing is if you use stone and can't get first course bang on every following course will be off or even get worse

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

if you go on to the allen block web site you can even down load an app to design your wall tell you where to put your geogrid the amount of blocks ect
it is a bit of work to put the info in if you are interested even got video's on that youtube to teach you how to do it

diggerjones

diggerjones

if you go on to the allen block web site you can even down load an app to design your wall tell you where to put your geogrid the amount of blocks ect
it is a bit of work to put the info in if you are interested even got video's on that youtube to teach you how to do it
That might work. Customer has a cad system so likes that stuff

diggerjones

diggerjones

20210203_083203.jpg
20210203_111321.jpg
20210203_111346.jpg
20210203_164330.jpg

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

looking good dose that grab grab pick up 2 at a time ?