Engcon Big Dig Day - Yeovil - 18/19th October

Left hooker

Left hooker

The weather has been generally very good today. Andrew has been posting some stuff on other social media which you may have seen but I've been too busy to take photos. We've had our highest turnout yet with all 12 diggers being pretty much busy all day and a fairly fast time being set in the operator challenge. Wet to start with but by 10.30 it was sunny and the light wind has dried things out nicely.
View attachment 9572
Owen Mays' brace of Takeuchis before commencing the show.
View attachment 9573
A weary but happy crew heading home (well, to the pub, actually (y)). It will probably cost me more in the bar tonight than the whole event to date :eek:

Forecast for tomorrow is good, food bus is restocked with bacon and buffalo burgers, lots to play on from 1.8t to 22t, twin hitch and direct mount, all control systems, EC-Oil attachments, the new QSC hitch control, an M J O'Brian duck and Robin Webber's now legendary 4CX. Plenty of Engcon and other staff on hand, together with GPS, laser, lots of other stuff and all the networking you could wish for. Tell the other half you've got to price a job and treat yourself.
No need to fob the other half off I'm coming 😂 And no need for sales pitch as have New 206 waiting to go on in place of my 7 year old ec05

Gunners

Gunners

Traded in for new one
What sort of depreciation have you suffered on the old one if you don't mind me asking and likewise its value against your new 206? I think this is a question many people have about the lifecycle of their tilty and you are amongst the first to trade in that I know of after the EC05 was on two machines. How many hours had it done and what made you upgrade?
Everyone's got a new tilty and says how good they are, be interesting to know what they are like after a few years/ hours and their value as many upgrade with a new machine as well so its hard to break down the cost.

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
No need to fob the other half off I'm coming 😂 And no need for sales pitch as have New 206 waiting to go on in place of my 7 year old ec05
20191019_125801.jpg
20191019_125742.jpg
20191019_125737.jpg
20191019_125733.jpg

No hard sales pitch. Just come and enjoy yourself :)

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Great demonstration, really impressed with the set up. Got to thinking toss up between an old fashioned button & pedal set up for my little Terex or go 5 tonner with all the bells and whistles....... bugger is that it looks like he's sold it 😏
Fantastic day very welcoming and very eye opening ! Wish list got a little bit longer 🤣

thank you to Jamie and Robin for explaining every last detail of this dream of a machine ! Unbelievable bit of engineering and fantastic to get hands on with it ! Thank you to everyone involved

Firstly, thank you for coming to see us and for your kind words. (y):). It took a lot of organising by Mark and the rest of the team but we were all tremendously happy with the turnout and hope that everyone that came went home with a better understanding of what a tilty can do. We'll be following up on the weekend's visitors in the coming weeks but because of the sheer volume of visitors (literally hundreds:eek:) it may take us time to work through things.

No harm in rewarding the team with a few beers!!!!

I was impressed with the efforts in the snow last year and you do certainly seem to have the weather challenges when you put these events on. Hope it is a roaring success as from my point of view you have an amazing product and great service. Long May it continue!

My liver will take time to get over the alcohol intake, but in all honesty the weather wasn't too bad. When we were setting up on Thursday, there was a lot of rain so we got trackway down, a local event management company to handle the parking and a roadsweeper for the farmer's yard. That way we could just concentrate on making the rest of it work. We had a bit of rain on Friday till around 10.30 and then the sun shone.

This will be the last one this year. We start planning next year on Thursday. Question - where would everyone like to see the next one? (same question will appear on Faceache and Tw*tter):coffee:

tinydigger

tinydigger

making machines look small since 1980
as there seem to me a few more companies around here getting tiltys how about 1 in Norfolk so i can come along and ask questions :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Left hooker

Left hooker

Had a good time on Saturday more there for general chit chat and catch up as got new tilty waiting for fitting
It was well put on event and enjoyed the hospitality 😊

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Had a good time on Saturday more there for general chit chat and catch up as got new tilty waiting for fitting
It was well put on event and enjoyed the hospitality 😊
Glad you enjoyed it - thank you for coming (y) :)
We will not have people referring to twitter users as Twats on this forum willy nilly. Twatter is a serious matter :ROFLMAO:
Sincere apologies for traducing you, Rory. One has to be sooooo careful these days.😜

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
For those that didn't get chance to make it to Ilchester and haven't seen it elsewhere, here is one of the stars of the show:

Thanks to Nick Drew for the cinematography - there's quite a bit more on his YouTube Diggermanblog channel (y)

CPS

CPS

But the big question that I want to know is?......... did you save me a buffalo burger😋:LOL:

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
But the big question that I want to know is?......... did you save me a buffalo burger😋:LOL:
I said to everyone at the start - "This is Aiden's burger 🍔 - let me know when he arrives so I can serve to him in person" (presented with yellow mustard as standard but available with red ketchup as an option:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:).

I waited, and waited, but must have missed you. Did you sneak in round the back without registering? We did have one wiseacre turn up in a Steelwrist hat and another with one of your smart grey tops, but I didn't see you.

In the end I had to dispatch it myself but it was two days old by then, so it could have suited another brand :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: CPS
CPS

CPS

I said to everyone at the start - "This is Aiden's burger 🍔 - let me know when he arrives so I can serve to him in person" (presented with yellow mustard as standard but available with red ketchup as an option:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:).

I waited, and waited, but must have missed you. Did you sneak in round the back without registering? We did have one wiseacre turn up in a Steelwrist hat and another with one of your smart grey tops, but I didn't see you.

In the end I had to dispatch it myself but it was two days old by then, so it could have suited another brand :sick:
No didn't make it, I had Dirk from Idig with me at the start of the week, who i believe join you for a bit..... so was busy catching up on those few days!

Must say though, think I would have injoyed a burger no matter what color the mustard was:p

Left hooker

Left hooker

No didn't make it, I had Dirk from Idig with me at the start of the week, who i believe join you for a bit..... so was busy catching up on those few days!

Must say though, think I would have injoyed a burger no matter what color the mustard was:p
Bloody lovely they were 🤤

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Bloody lovely they were 🤤
They were. The farm shop were selling them but had closed on both days before we shut up for the evening, otherwise I would have been there with my coolbox (steaks, mozzarella, the lot)🥩

C

charlie2

For those that didn't get chance to make it to Ilchester and haven't seen it elsewhere, here is one of the stars of the show:

Thanks to Nick Drew for the cinematography - there's quite a bit more on his YouTube Diggermanblog channel (y)
had a little play on that all a bit much for a complete tilty novice but a nice set up.