Druidic Dabblings and General Twaddle !!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
been trying to develop the enthusiasm to get these done for some time .... timber's been sat in the shed maybe 3 years .... so's nice and dry :giggle: and today was the day ;)
WP_20210915_13_28_26_Pro.jpg

had hoped to be able to rip it on the bench, but couldn't quite get the depth, so the Elu flip saw had to come out :rolleyes:
WP_20210915_14_17_50_Pro.jpg

an' it's getting heavy / I'm getting old :(
WP_20210915_14_17_59_Pro.jpg

did the trick though and got me corner trimmer angles cut sweet ..... and trimmed to suit their final resting places
WP_20210915_15_01_17_Pro.jpg
WP_20210915_15_08_40_Pro.jpg

plus two the other end ... looked great and really pleased to have them done at last ....... (y):cool:

just in time for Clara's arrival from school :rolleyes: ..... so that was the end of 'doing' for an hour or two, 'fore daddy picked her up to go to 'football practise' at half five after we'd fed her her tea ... she's actually pretty good for her age :giggle:
anyway .. after I'd tidied up and had my grub, I got some 'bitch' on 'em all, ready to get fixed tomorrow ...
WP_20210915_19_38_41_Pro.jpg
WP_20210915_19_38_48_Pro.jpg

Was running out of light .... nights're drawing in bl**dy quick ATM ... was pitch black here by half eight :oops:

V8Druid

V8Druid

'nother thick coat on the inside faces first thing ....
WP_20210916_08_20_38_Pro.jpg

and got 'em screwed on ...... after Fedex'd arrived with some 'milk'
WP_20210916_12_24_01_Pro.jpg

ran out o' suds a while back and found that S&A do it the other night. (y)
corners never looked finished and always planned to cap them ..... was just a case of getting round to it :rolleyes:
WP_20210916_12_29_09_Pro.jpg
WP_20210916_12_50_26_Pro.jpg
WP_20210916_12_50_40_Pro.jpg

and having gottten 'em on ....... a nice thick coat on the other faces too
WP_20210916_13_00_25_Pro.jpg

finishes it off very nicely(y):love:
middle of getting the four of 'em done and I had a visitor ... Pam was out having her hair lopped .. for the first time in 3 months :oops:
WP_20210916_13_41_24_Pro.jpg

Her first visit to chez Druid :giggle: .... first of what is likely to maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany :giggle:
WP_20210916_13_41_31_Pro.jpg

Granny was well green, when she got back and found I'd been having BIIIIG cuddles, whilst Vicki had a rest for an hour ..... quiet little thing she was too - good as gold :giggle::giggle::cool: ....... let's hope it continues for soooome time .... Clara could scream for Wales :oops::( .... and some !!:rolleyes:

Bri963

Bri963

Congrats, Gra. Also on your newest trailer. It’s better made than a lot you see on the road. Hope you haven’t overloaded the hitch!

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

Huge congratulations on the new arrival Graham, glad everything went well. I'm sure Clara is the doting big sister.

We are expecting no.2 in the next week or so also.
Any news Aiden @CPS :rolleyes::giggle:

V8Druid

V8Druid

so last Friday Pam was busy in the morning sorting some floral arrangements for her best friend's niece's wedding on Saturday .. somewhat hand tied by not knowing just what flowers were supposed to be arriving later to go with her initial efforts
WP_20210917_11_22_59_Pro.jpg WP_20210917_11_23_12_Pro.jpg
left for the church 'bout 12 with all her greenery
she has a knack for it and they all looked stunning by the end of the day with all the 'colourful' bits added ... I'll add some pix when i can find some

Beautiful day on Saturday, contrary to the forecast and we ended up at the evening do at 7.30 ....
across the valley from us
WP_20210919_17_34_33_Pro marked.jpg

pretty nervous around 250 people I can tell you ... most folk I've been near in a loooooooooong time ... balmy evening and the marquee was all opened up with the walls either off or rolled up, so plenty of fresh air .... food for the evening was 'novel' ... but very clever - zero waste nigh on and no mountains of stale buffet grub the morning after ..... local fish and chip guy who does awesome food, has a mobile unit and you just grabbed whatever you wanted, freshly cooked to order ... was bloody lovely ... nicest F&C I have had in a long time.
WE left about 12.30, but could still hear 'the merriment' continuing 'til gone 2 ... lovely still evening and it carries across to us, like it was a couple of hundred yards away :rolleyes:

had the three girls up from the village for roasty lunch Sunday ... didn't have a lot of room for a great deal, seeing as we'd had our usual evening meal the night before .... and chish and fips ... was pushing my luck doing that, so was not gonna take the p**s out of my system by going overboard with lunch .. and got away with it ... much to my amazement
then had the pleasure of a couple of hours in the company of our very own favourite trucker with the gert hiab on the back .... met him down on a layby on the 465 with the P38 and trailer for a bit of an off load, into my recently acquired Ollie-trolley ...
WP_20210919_19_16_39_Pro.jpg WP_20210919_19_17_20_Pro.jpg
tight but decent fit ..
WP_20210919_19_17_03_Pro.jpg

and back to Chez Druid for drinks and a good natter .......
28th April 2014 was the last time the Mog was here .....
when he brought this home for me
2014-04-29 11.22.31.jpg

he ain't changed a lot :rolleyes: ... Chateau Druid has though :giggle:
was lovely to see him and dropped him back at his truck a couple of hours later for his onward journey to the next mornings job

have had the BIL and Pam's sister here best part of the day, after me 'hamster juice' this morning and whilst the women went down the village to Vicki's to see the new arrival Gareth and I drank coffee, talked sh1t and brainstormed on some new gates for his place WP_20210920_14_22_37_Pro.jpg WP_20210920_15_26_33_Pro.jpg
with a few mock ups and try outs and much discussion ..... with his confusion compounded still further, when I dug out my old pattern books from work and presented him with a couple of hundred other options :LOL: ... it went home with them :ROFLMAO: for further perusal ..... girls got back just in time to whizz into town for our tea at an eatery I'd booked .... yet more food :oops::oops: ..... sat here ATM considering whether it's gonna be 'one of those nights' ... and whether I pre-empt it with pain killer cocktail now or just wait 'til later .... when I really have to ? :rolleyes::(

All in all it's been a pretty busy four days ......... with waaaaaaaaaay too much food for my systems to handle really :unsure:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Looking forward to see where the engine ends up. Will it be a Gold Seal job?🤣🤣🤣🤣
Been having a quick eyeball as and when I get 5 minutes here and there, trying to work out WTF did what .... control panel umbilicals have had the the snip and there will be a lot superfluous too .......
sadly there are a lot of white wires :oops: (I'm hoping they're numbered - need me jeweller's loupes to suss 'em) .. :unsure::rolleyes:

WP_20210923_20_16_53_Pro.jpg
WP_20210923_20_16_57_Pro.jpg

can see a lot getting binned ... mostly the stuff that's actually colour coded :mad:

Pam's mate, whose niece got married last weekend, has been away this week and been walking their dawg most mornings ...
found this in one hedge row up, by her place ... offside front corner of a luton box van in the scenery :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
WP_20210921_10_52_13_Pro.jpg

some nice quiet spots round hers for mutt trotting
WP_20210922_11_59_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20210922_12_03_57_Pro.jpg

that is 'kin steep ... used to be the road up to her's, 'til the council de-classified it and abandoned it .... want tracks in places now :oops:
the local 'big house' ....
WP_20210923_11_43_10_Pro.jpg

I made all that estate fencing, 'bout 25 years ago, to match some existing .... see the animiles have had it in a few places :rolleyes: ....
luvverly pile of bricks :love::cool: ..
owner's an 'American heiress' and art historian/conserver .. has done a great job on retuning the place to 'some ' of its former glory.(y)

Our place from the other side of the valley ....
WP_20210923_12_23_04_Pro marked.jpg

this pair came over me patch late afternoon .....
WP_20210923_17_33_04_Pro.jpg

think the second one had 'blown it' .... was frantically burning gas .......... and coming down ........
WP_20210923_17_36_13_Pro.jpg

last seen disappearing behind the trees above me patch ..... and didn't see it re-appear anywhere, so probably ditched in the neighbour's fields ..... only been up about 20 mins/5 miles. His mate was up, up & away
Not seen many this year ... weather's not been conducive, I'd guess, as they launch across the valley and can usually watch 'em drift serenely over head ...

stunning sunset last night
WP_20210921_19_31_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20210921_19_31_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20210921_19_30_09_Pro.jpg
WP_20210921_19_30_15_Pro.jpg

managed top get me some yacht varnish Monday .... so got me lil' trailer body first coated yesterday ...... not hard enough for no. 2 today ... job for tomorrow afternoon
WP_20210922_14_18_05_Pro.jpg

might buy it a pair of muddies to finish it off :rolleyes::giggle:

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

second coat of varnish on't trailer body .... after the dog walking session this morning ... been round some green lanes that I didn't know existed and I know most of 'em round here, from blatting around 'em on M/siccles in me late teens. :giggle::giggle:
WP_20210924_11_43_48_Pro.jpgWP_20210924_11_43_58_Pro.jpgWP_20210924_11_44_16_Pro.jpgWP_20210924_11_44_54_Pro.jpgWP_20210924_11_45_01_Pro.jpg

got this on the bench afterwards, having spent a great deal of time trying to suss WTF goes/went where /did what .. have a pretty fair take on it all now and wanted this 'out the way' ....
WP_20210924_16_45_06_Pro.jpg
it's now a collection of much more manageable bits, some useful, others might be cuminfas .... but a lot more handle-able than it was in one lump
WP_20210924_19_05_03_Pro.jpg

would not want to have spent on the original build for this ... some real 'spensive bits an' bobs in this lot (including a nice Cetop valve bank that'd build a.n.other VA-r) :rolleyes: and some seriously pricey looking H.P. filtration cans
WP_20210924_17_48_10_Pro.jpg

a bunch of fittings and a few pipes for the 'random spare' hose collection :) .... oh and a nice little 24v pump unit
WP_20210924_17_12_31_Pro.jpg

think Tony the scrappy'll be getting the chassis :rolleyes::unsure:

some further examination of the umbilical after tea, revealed a nice set of individual numbers on all the white wires :giggle: so a re-connection looks to be a simple(r) affair than it first appeared ...... to a degree ..... :unsure::rolleyes: ... there're a few panel connections that're gonna take some fathoming as to WTF they're there o_O:unsure:.
finish a clear/clean up in the morning, hoik the tank out of the trailer, make sure it's devoid of any surplus liquid gold and cap off it's ports. Then I can get the Deutz on the bench for fathoming. ;)

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Looks like your having fun👍 Will have a look on Monday for your missing bit🤔

V8Druid

V8Druid

Looks like your having fun👍 Will have a look on Monday for your missing bit🤔
thanks Mog :cool:(y).... I'd call it more getting minging :( .. wanted to break it down to manageable bits ;) and bin what's gonna be taking up space(y) ....
Deutz next :giggle: ... may be a few tel. con.s had on that front :rolleyes::giggle:

C

charlie2

second coat of varnish on't trailer body .... after the dog walking session this morning ... been round some green lanes that I didn't know existed and I know most of 'em round here, from blatting around 'em on M/siccles in me late teens. :giggle::giggle:
View attachment 27960View attachment 27961View attachment 27963View attachment 27964View attachment 27966

got this on the bench afterwards, having spent a great deal of time trying to suss WTF goes/went where /did what .. have a pretty fair take on it all now and wanted this 'out the way' ....View attachment 27967 it's now a collection of much more manageable bits, some useful, others might be cuminfas .... but a lot more handle-able than it was in one lump
View attachment 27968
would not want to have spent on the original build for this ... some real 'spensive bits an' bobs in this lot (including a nice Cetop valve bank that'd build a.n.other VA-r) :rolleyes: and some seriously pricey looking H.P. filtration cans View attachment 27970
a bunch of fittings and a few pipes for the 'random spare' hose collection :) .... oh and a nice little 24v pump unit View attachment 27972
think Tony the scrappy'll be getting the chassis :rolleyes::unsure:

some further examination of the umbilical after tea, revealed a nice set of individual numbers on all the white wires :giggle: so a re-connection looks to be a simple(r) affair than it first appeared ...... to a degree ..... :unsure::rolleyes: ... there're a few panel connections that're gonna take some fathoming as to WTF they're there o_O:unsure:.
finish a clear/clean up in the morning, hoik the tank out of the trailer, make sure it's devoid of any surplus liquid gold and cap off it's ports. Then I can get the Deutz on the bench for fathoming. ;)
hollow ways the lanes like that are called around here, used to do them on bikes and four wheel drives, got to many anti's now some have been downgraded to bridleways.