Druidic Dabblings and General Twaddle !!

Left hooker

Left hooker

Had sbr on my limestone slabs helps it stick down and also stops anything from mortar or below drawing through and staining slabs

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Sikabond or Febbond guys ? .. there are cheaper but i'm only gonna do this once

won't be any dearer than our local masked merchants ..... and I won't have to go get it

and again .... thank you all for flagging this up ... I would not have known (y)

GazCro

GazCro

Sikabond or Febbond guys ? .. there are cheaper but i'm only gonna do this once

won't be any dearer than our local masked merchants ..... and I won't have to go get it

and again .... thank you all for flagging this up ... I would not have known (y)
Don't think it'll make any odds I'm fairly sure sika own everbuild

J

Jimoz

Whichever it won't matter on brand. Keep it away from where it could freeze.
Feb mix usually means plasticiser but Feb is a brand I think. A bit like hoover and vaccums.

J

Jimoz

Have you called round any reclamation places? Surely somewhere has a flag the right width for your tops

V8Druid

V8Druid

Correct...and I'm no brickie but I remember Dad chucking "Feb" into all his mixes.😁
would've been Febmix Admix probably ... got a can here .. as said by Jim, a plasticiser for a 'smoother' mortar

V8Druid

V8Druid

Have you called round any reclamation places? Surely somewhere has a flag the right width for your tops
we need a lot Jim ... 70+m run, plus the steps and upper deck/landing area .... and TBH, I have no desire to go wandering about the place ATM. Most reclaim is going to be totally random in sizes including thickness and colour :(

GazCro

GazCro

we need a lot Jim ... 70+m run, plus the steps and upper deck/landing area .... and TBH, I have no desire to go wandering about the place ATM. Most reclaim is going to be totally random in sizes including thickness and colour :(
You'd be v lucky to get that quantity reclaimed and if you could it'd be a premium price. Only thing with the indian stone it's getting thinner every year

V8Druid

V8Druid

You'd be v lucky to get that quantity reclaimed and if you could it'd be a premium price. Only thing with the indian stone it's getting thinner every year
aye they were trying to flog me some 20 mm stuff ..... 40mm or nowt .... I want it to last ....... want a cap stone not a tile ..... these'll get walked on a lot !

diggerjones

diggerjones

Have you tried stone valley. If the stone was 3mm thick you wouldn't wear it put in a life time😁 especially yours😁

GazCro

GazCro

A guy near me has bought a large quantity of Indian stone for his drive and patios from strata stone at ipswich. He'll have done his homework and rang round plenty.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Have you tried stone valley. If the stone was 3mm thick you wouldn't wear it put in a life time😁 especially yours😁
not wear i'm bothered about Dylan .. breakages are more the concern ........ and a 3mm cap'd look ****ing ridiculous :p :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

V8Druid

V8Druid

A guy near me has bought a large quantity of Indian stone for his drive and patios from strata stone at ipswich. He'll have done his homework and rang round plenty.
Cheers --- t'other side of the country I'm afraid ... I have some leads to try tomorrow locally(y)

V8Druid

V8Druid

It may be but I'm led to believe they supply a lot of the builders merchants nationwide.
we have Mandarin local who import direct ... gonna give them a bell, now we know what we want

V8Druid

V8Druid

so .... back to the bench ... returning to some 60mm CHS, etc. ....... time to knock it together ....
WP_20201018_15_26_16_Pro.jpg
WP_20201018_15_39_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20201018_15_54_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20201018_16_24_36_Pro.jpg

as if you hadn't already guessed :unsure:o_O:LOL: ... one set almost ready to get used
WP_20201018_16_41_15_Pro.jpg

but had an idea yesterday and needed a bit of a mod .......

this arrived with/attached to/a part of me block grab, some time ago and kept it as I knew it'd cuminfa summat :giggle: ......

WP_20201018_17_03_21_Pro.jpg

just had to put it back together ... was a tad banjaxed on arrival :(
nothing that wasn't sort-able though ;)
WP_20201018_17_09_55_Pro.jpg

bit extra on the one spigot set -- starting to get dark by now :(
WP_20201018_17_44_44_Pro.jpg

and attach said cuminfa
WP_20201018_18_06_43_Pro.jpg

any guesses ?:unsure::confused::sneaky:
WP_20201018_18_19_35_Pro.jpg

perfect size for my intended use ....... not sure whether I'll leave the lugs on it, eventually, but left 'em there for now ... in case I have any more bright ideas ;):unsure:

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

I had some fun yesterday fixing up the climbing frame at the local park (I'm a Trustee for the Hall & Playing field).

Installed a load of new holds for the kids (replaced some missing, loose and old holds!) and then found that one of the wooden steps which has a cloth covered wire rope attached to it, was incredibly loose as the bolts were pulling through the wood. Whipped that off, back to the workshop and found the holes lined up nicely with the slots on some unistrut, so lopped off a bit, tidied it up and took it back down the park to fix it up.
2020-10-18 15.49.26.png

2020-10-18 15.48.45 (Medium).jpg