Druidic Dabblings and General Twaddle !!

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

cheers Boyo ... will do me best .. all gates locked and post box moved to far end of the drive ;)
My treatment pharmacy delivery people tell me there shouldn't be any issues - ATM - but it's made in the USA :rolleyes::(

As for the fettling .... been trying me hand today :LOL:

throttle lever persuaded into spot .. out the way ..
View attachment 12815

View attachment 12816

took some juggling into spot

Ajax got a bit of an airing

View attachment 12817

View attachment 12818

creating a capture / mount for the Bowden's outer .....

....... and inner

View attachment 12819

View attachment 12820

View attachment 12821

then it was time to create an end ...

View attachment 12822

bit of pisser, having to drag the Caddy out for a couple of quick flashes ...... but had to be done .... would've liked some grub screws, instead of the SHCS,s but didn't have/couldn't find any so these got lopped down and lightly drilled the end of the thread to grip the cable, like a grubby would ;)

getting the lengths right was a tad tedious, but got there and it got installed

View attachment 12823

believe it or not that is full travel .. plus about 6mm ... not a lot of movement at all ... can see how little the auto throttle's ram needs to move to give four differing settings AND tickover ...... must be one techy lil' actuator/ sensed ram !! :oops::unsure:

left its cable attached to it and secured the flying end in the engine bay, so's it can't get up to 'no good' :giggle: .... will extricate it from its hiding place when I'm feeling enthused [a] .. about looking at it and .. ..when I'm feeling enthused enough to get at the little sod ... it's not exactly easily gotten at :(:( .. engine bay belly plate off job, looks to be the easiest access :rolleyes:

found this, this morning ....
View attachment 12824

on the floor 'bout 10 ft from the 'Drema's door .... sure as **** wasn't there last night when I packed up ... and have no 'kin idea WTF it has come from ? .. can only conclude we had unwanted visitors last night, but couldn't see anything out of place ??... apart from the appearance of the above ???:confused::unsure:o_O
it's certainly nothing to do with me ... don't recognise it at all ... and I could not have missed it ... first thing I noticed this morning !! :mad:
May have to sleep with one eye open tonight :unsure: .......... an' a couple of barrels hanging out the bedroom window ;) ... ALL my gates are locked and I've not sent out any invitations for nocturnal visitors .... so's they'm fair game as far as I'm concerned .... BANG!!
Tidy!👌

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Black out blinds??
got them already Oll ... on the Velux and the conventional window ... bloody good they are too (y) .... I'd want to know if the buggers came on, not ignore them :rolleyes::oops: might be lowlifes, not wildlife :mad::mad: ..... and could do with the target practice ... moving targets are so much more challenging :giggle::giggle: BANG! ........................................... BANG! ;):LOL:

V8Druid

V8Druid

self isolating ........ on the mower :LOL:
first cut of the season ..... had a job to get it out the bag .. was so well packed in

1585167723964.png

1585167759942.png

1585167797442.png

WP_20200325_15_54_10_Pro.jpg

been a glorious day ... so lucky to be able to enjoy it ......... aside from the mowing of course :rolleyes::giggle: ... after all the rain it's such a great change

Oh and Sparty made an appearance for half of it, after the mower'd woken him up .... slowed proceedings a tad, with him on me lap .

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I think we're a month away from needing to cut the grass up here, still in recovery from the frosty mornings

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Helen did the first cut the other day. It was interesting, from where I sit I could see a steady stream of blokes with their green petrol can, all going to the petrol station to get fuel to mow the lawn at lunchtime!

GazCro

GazCro

Blew the cobwebs off mower myself yesterday. Sister decided it would be a good idea to get her other half to scarify the lawn so being lazy used the mower to pick it up.
Was a bonny evening for it mind
20200322_184858.jpg

Attachments

V8Druid

V8Druid

I will be honest and admit I had the mower out on Sunday to do what should have been the last cut in 2019
it sure as hell grew late last year, for sure ... ground was almost too wet to mow when I did the last cut of '19 .... certainly pretty bloody wet all around us here .. lawn not so bad, but beside the drive's gonna need another week of this sun and some wind, 'fore it can get the Dane let loose on it .
Was in the field above the lawn Monday sorting out a lamb that'd managed to get the wrong side of the fence from mum .. and the ground was like a bog :(

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

it sure as hell grew late last year, for sure ... ground was almost too wet to mow when I did the last cut of '19 .... certainly pretty bloody wet all around us here .. lawn not so bad, but beside the drive's gonna need another week of this sun and some wind, 'fore it can get the Dane let loose on it .
Was in the field above the lawn Monday sorting out a lamb that'd managed to get the wrong side of the fence from mum .. and the ground was like a bog :(
Surprised you've not made an attachment for the duck to mow with!

V8Druid

V8Druid

I think we're a month away from needing to cut the grass up here, still in recovery from the frosty mornings
well if you will live that close to the north pole :p:D:LOL: ....
on the plus side ... be grateful ..(y):giggle:
lot of time spent on that today, after I'd spent 2 hrs servicing/cleaning the Countax ... could've sworn i'd cleaned the underside of the deck off, last year :unsure::confused:

V8Druid

V8Druid

I'm sure you have a spare crane boom somewhere...
nah ...... I cut it up when I cleared the yard .... and would've needed SOOOOOME counterweight to accompany it ...... was 4 ton

2014-04-17 19.17.45.jpg

2014-04-17 19.17.55.jpg

I do however have the one tele ram out of it ... would give me at least 40ft extended ...... plenty ..

2014-04-18 16.00.06.jpg

. now how do I stop it rotating and WTF do I use for extra counterweights :unsure::giggle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Left hooker

Left hooker

Front garden was a foot long no way my little electric mower would of coped so took closure post off of wall to get in 🤣 all you see is it for grass and quickest I've ever done it filled 2 box collectors
Screenshot_20200326-074001.png

Routy56

Routy56

self isolating ........ on the mower :LOL:
first cut of the season ..... had a job to get it out the bag .. was so well packed in

View attachment 12832

View attachment 12833

View attachment 12834

View attachment 12835

been a glorious day ... so lucky to be able to enjoy it ......... aside from the mowing of course :rolleyes::giggle: ... after all the rain it's such a great change

Oh and Sparty made an appearance for half of it, after the mower'd woken him up .... slowed proceedings a tad, with him on me lap .
What a fantastic way to self isolate Graham. You live is a truly fantastic location 🥰
Keep safe and well (y)