Digger/dumper driver or even man and machine wanted for 3 to 6 weeks work in Telford area

Kev

Kev

Ok it seems that a trenching machine is an option as well so anyone out there that has the equipment to do the job please contact me me to discuss costs.

K

Komatsu

Ok it seems that a trenching machine is an option as well so anyone out there that has the equipment to do the job please contact me me to discuss costs.
Think your going to struggle this time of year with a trencher in clay a lot of the land drainage boys are parked up cos the ground is just that sodden......then there’s been able to keep up with it, something that big, will be knocking on at over 200 metres an hour....this is one of Ken Rodneys working....

http://www.kenrodney.co.uk/index/index.php

Last edited:
Kev

Kev

Think your going to struggle this time of year with a trencher in clay a lot of the land drainage boys are parked up cos the ground is just that sodden......then there’s been able to keep up with it, something that big, will be knocking on at over 200 metres an hour....this is one of Ken Rodneys working....

http://www.kenrodney.co.uk/index/index.php
Yer I think that machine is a bit to big for this job.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Pfft. Good gang would chase a trencher with 6m ducts.... Fire the granite in with a machine, join the ducts above ground and slide them in Asif it was a pipeline 😘

Kev

Kev

Pfft. Good gang would chase a trencher with 6m ducts.... Fire the granite in with a machine, join the ducts above ground and slide them in Asif it was a pipeline 😘
That’s exactly how we plan to do it just we have 3m ducts and was going to use diggers but we are now exploring the trencher route.

K

Komatsu

Obviously never worked with a trencher of that size which knocks out that sort of production🤔😉..... even if just limited it to knocking out a 1000metres a day you wouldn’t keep up with that, doing it properly and taping it up and back filling it ready for the next day??.... even the comm’s boys on the motorway will limit themselves to 200/250metres a day to do the job right😘

G

Grifferr

I would suggest a tracked dumper or 2. Nothing wheeled will be productive.

K

Komatsu

I would suggest a tracked dumper or 2. Nothing wheeled will be productive.
Ideally something like the tracked gravel carts that the land drainage boys use, but a lot will come down to the budget for the job, impressive machines when working😎

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Obviously never worked with a trencher of that size which knocks out that sort of production🤔😉..... even if just limited it to knocking out a 1000metres a day you wouldn’t keep up with that, doing it properly and taping it up and back filling it ready for the next day??.... even the comm’s boys on the motorway will limit themselves to 200/250metres a day to do the job right😘
well that'd be 4 days ......
how many days does one allow to repair everything that gets hit by a trencher travelling at that speed :oops: ....
may well be mostly fields but'd have thought the chances of finding quite a few land drains along the way to be high:( and with the recent weather they'm likely to be pretty full too, which'd flood your own excavation :rolleyes:
how the hell does one pull 4km of cable through the ducts afterwards? :unsure:
Presumably there'd have to be jointing stations/points along its length :confused:

K

Komatsu

well that'd be 4 days ......
how many days does one allow to repair everything that gets hit by a trencher travelling at that speed :oops: ....
may well be mostly fields but'd have thought the chances of finding quite a few land drains along the way to be high:( and with the recent weather they'm likely to be pretty full too, which'd flood your own excavation :rolleyes:
how the hell does one pull 4km of cable through the ducts afterwards? :unsure:
Presumably there'd have to be jointing stations/points along its length :confused:
I’m not the one who mentioned the trencher Gra, Land drains always get flagged where there are and repaired and on something like the one in the video, they’ll usually put a pick up carrier either side.... pull with winches at joining points....can’t remember what it was on the M/way, but each gang had one of those winches that your able to tow, think they had, just on our last section, well over 52km to pull through.....like I said this time of year with a trencher will be hard work. Ideal solution would be a land drainage machine, but getting it to 450 wide would be a struggle.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Did the trencher what about one of these

wanna be some sort of brave to go buy that sort of gear in the hope of finding sufficient work for it :unsure::oops::oops::oops:
some kit that :cool:(y)

K

Komatsu

They actually trailed a new system where we were. Rather than put 4 ducts in, they put 4 ducts in one big duct, that came straight from the factory, so it cut the time out of stringing the ducts our putting the spacers in the amount of time it took to do the air tests etc, but the actually weight of 4 big coils was just to much for them to get to site behind a van.

V8Druid

V8Druid

They actually trailed a new system where we were. Rather than put 4 ducts in, they put 4 ducts in one big duct, that came straight from the factory, so it cut the time out of stringing the ducts our putting the spacers in the amount of time it took to do the air tests etc, but the actually weight of 4 big coils was just to much for them to get to site behind a van.
I've seen multiple ducts in one big outer on Maskinisten ...... water/gas/steam:oops:/sewage/and a cable duct ... f*** knows how you'd joint it though :unsure: :oops:

K

Komatsu

I've seen multiple ducts in one big outer on Maskinisten ...... water/gas/steam:oops:/sewage/and a cable duct ... f*** knows how you'd joint it though :unsure: :oops:
Yeh, this was pretty impressive to be fare, and given the room, would of worked really well, however, just down to single lane running, and sometimes next to nothing on the verges for passing, they stuck to stringing the ducts out.

Last edited:
K

Komatsu

wanna be some sort of brave to go buy that sort of gear in the hope of finding sufficient work for it :unsure::oops::oops::oops:
some kit that :cool:(y)
There’s some impressive ploughs out there Gra when you start looking😎, a company I used to work for have gone down this route for the pipelines that they do for water company’s. The age of butt fuseing pipes together has really come on. Having the ability to fuse together long long lengths of pipe, then come down with a trenching machine, get the pipe in, followed by a padder then the back fill team, has sped the job up immensely.