Couple of dozer pics

Bri963

Bri963

I work for Cat/Perkins on r&d, for the last 17 years, doing what they grandly call “in machine test and development”. Most of the previous thirty I was operating or fixing plant and a bit of farm machinery. I miss site work, but enjoy what I do now. Still keep my hand in with a few private jobs.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
View attachment 20541How does this stack up against the Hydrema working envelope? Cat M313
Big in the arse I'd say Bri ......
GB+specs++M1500_2.jpg swing circle.jpg

tinydigger

tinydigger

making machines look small since 1980
I was around the corner from you on tuesday Bri I could see the duck parked up near the entrance of perkins

Bri963

Bri963

What were you doing, Tiny? Did you come on site? We’ve got two, an old M313 am a brand new M316

Last edited:
tinydigger

tinydigger

it was the one that you can see from the main road i was over at our sister depot behind the big storage unit. i work for gap lifting as a fitter out of the norwich depot

Bri963

Bri963

Many years ago, on the first version of the A14 dualling near Molesworth, I had a D6H with outside push arms do the same trick, the track came off between the front idler and hard nose. That was nearly half a day to get rolling again. Popped the track back on with an Iveco 8 legger and several lengths of chain. I really wish I’d carried a camera in those days, but never for one minute thought pictures of machines buried in mud would interest anyone.

Last edited:
tinydigger

tinydigger

@Bri963 Is that test ground in Peterborough then linked to the factory or is it a separate site close by? used to go to stanground a fair bit when they where building the houses near the new build morrisons and can remember how bad it was back then for the clay on site one drop of rain and it was like a slip and slide not great when you are in a wagon and drag try to deliver kitchens lol

Bri963

Bri963

Directly beside the factory, Tiny. As you say, water management is an ongoing job but we’re getting there. No clay here, but straight through top soil and either sand or lime or a mix, plus a water table about two feet down in places.

I did work at Stanground when the marina area was being delivered. Some of the worst conditions I’ve ever worked in. One part was deepening the channel round the island. I lost count of how many bikes and Sainsbury’s trolleys I pulled out.

Bri963

Bri963

Sorry, spotted something in the picture that meant I had to take it down.

Bri963

Bri963

Just so you know it’s not for decoration, a few jobs I’ve done with the K008. A bit of light relief from a pretty intense day job. (Doob will like these, they make him look like a serious muckshifter.)

First one, son regrading and regravelling a drive. Still not interested in doing this sort of work for a living.
85D22603-7C21-4EBA-A3E0-F3C5DFDCA504.jpeg

Before and after of a back garden with very confined access. Thinking of getting a rotavator to finish these jobs off now I’m getting a bit more interest.
8094336E-7AE8-47FA-A73A-5915B39A1279.jpeg
CBBAD0A0-2EEB-4FC0-89C0-0BFCD54583F1.jpeg

Last weekend. Second job in a couple of months where the access has been through a garage and out of a side door. Also shows the finish with the home made rake, tines at 75 mm centres, as this was the source of a bit of discussion a bit back. Any ideas on the white dome over the back fence?
FD6A89E1-CE4A-4F2D-975B-BB8EF1E19353.jpeg
514AA0FC-25E6-4BC7-9712-748F839DA8C2.jpeg

Laddo again, trenching for IT and power cables. Close on 200’ in a very long, narrow garden. Nothing remarkable about the job, just another one where access into and along the garden has put people off taking the job. Starting to see the the attraction of one of the Komatsu 500 kg machines. And still the lad doesn’t want to do this work for a living. I give up.
47C4B1FB-9D84-43F8-B911-DE054D359E31.jpeg

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Just so you know it’s not for decoration, a few jobs I’ve done with the K008.
Last weekend. Second job in a couple of months where the access has been through a garage and out of a side door. Also shows the finish with the home made rake, tines at 75 mm centres, as this was the source of a bit of discussion a bit back. Any ideas on the white dome over the back fence?
My guess'd be a home for a telescope

maz

maz

but never for one minute thought pictures of machines buried in mud would interest anyone.
One of my favourite youtubers is a guy who fixes machines in America, he has zero production quality and half the time theres mud on the camera but hes got 100,000 subscribers and people just love watching him work on his service calls! I can imagine some of your jobs would have made great videos back in the day...

Lots of dozer content in there as well!

Bri963

Bri963

One of my favourite youtubers is a guy who fixes machines in America, he has zero production quality and half the time theres mud on the camera but hes got 100,000 subscribers and people just love watching him work on his service calls! I can imagine some of your jobs would have made great videos back in the day...

The best pictures will get posted after I retire.

Nick...

Nick...

Watched loads of his films.first one I saw was a challenger rubber tracked crawler having various undercarriage parts replaced and I’ve been hooked ever since.another great one is ‘zk master tech’ who is a John Deere mechanic working for a company called sloans equipment.all farm stuff but well worth a look
nick...

Bri963

Bri963

56BE6592-9478-4C24-B2ED-367F03E7E5EA.jpeg

Another restricted access job. Patio base and cabling trench once I got into the garden. The gap got narrower as it went along and at one point the arse was touching the brickwork one side and the gas meter box the other. I just kept thinking it wouldn’t be the best place for a burst drive hose.

Any suggestions for the best place to get a cheap mechanical hitch? Not one of these silly semi-quick hitches where you still have to put the second pin in. Even a part-worn old one. Digbits price is a bit eye-watering.