Cctv reccomendations

J

Jimoz

Well-known member
Could do with a cctv reccomendation from yourselves
For the detached garage at my place. Got power in there.
Want decent quality with say a month storage that then over records.
Don't need to live view, but if options available for similar price wouldn't say no.
Plug and play nothing overly technical.
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
tenor.png
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
 
Sloany

Sloany

Member
I have a Hikvision set up at my Unit. Easy access via Web or an app on your phone & sends you a message if it detects any rats sneaking about. 4 camera's, nvr & alarm linked to my phone was about 2k fitted. Worth it to me as if anyone gets in the alarm rings my phone & I can drop straight in on the cameras. Been fitted for 3 years, no problems & no contracts to pay for.
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
I’ve got a hikvision kit similar to the above temp wired into the house while it’s being refurbed. If I remember correctly the hard disk recorder gets connected to your internet router.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I’ve got a hikvision kit similar to the above temp wired into the house while it’s being refurbed. If I remember correctly the hard disk recorder gets connected to your internet router.
so would need 'net on yer phone to view then :(
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Genuinly what’s it covering? If it’s not much and you have WiFi get ring... I have it at home and it’s ideal. Tells me of intruders lots of customisation very few false alarms and can set of alarms, turn lights on etc
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Genuinly what’s it covering? If it’s not much and you have WiFi get ring... I have it at home and it’s ideal. Tells me of intruders lots of customisation very few false alarms and can set of alarms, turn lights on etc
???? .... ring as in the make Ring??
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
???? .... ring as in the make Ring??
Yup...and tbf for one or two cameras it's hassle free. Not sure it stores data locally? So will require decent bandwidth.

Otherwise HIKvision is the go to...yes it pisses me off its Chink but if they want to spy on my garage they can do.🖕
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Yes sorry ring as a amazon brand. We have hik vision at home but also have ring. It’s pretty decent tbh if you only need a couple of cameras . . You do need a good internet connection but you can either setup a mesh or we just use power line adapters so the cameras are always close to a WiFi
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
I'd ideally like something which constantly records rather than mention. I think where I want to set it up passing cars would trigger it a lot. Couldn't be doing with phone longing every 2 secs.

There's nothing too serious in there it's not really to prevent theft. I did look at the DIY ish ones nest,ring etc bit the cameras all look so fancy. What happened to a standard black dome? I don't want to talk to the guy who's burglsrising me.

Tbh I hate the whole CCTV mentality on home property but have a little dispute seem to be coming to a head so thought it might be wise.

Will look at hikvision
 
Randla

Randla

Interloper
FWIW, I installed 8 cameras from these guys.

CCTV24

It records continuously and I can see it on my phone/tablet and have it plumbed into the kitchen TV. The reason I went with them is the quality of the cameras. Most of the off the shelf/retail stuff is poor definition and will not pick up VRNs or faces properly

Robert
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
@Regy53 is yours good quality to read reg etc? The more I look into it these ring type systems seem to have the market cornered for plug n play simplicity. Just wish they were a bit more discreet looking and none of this silly talk to the criminal lark.
Are the settings quite adjustable ie not ping every time a car drives past?
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
The yale system looks to suit what I want, micro sd so records 5 days then over rights. Wired for power and connects to Wi-Fi for app based viewing
 
Top