Maybe the Torys have a plan? I thought their chosen last two candidates were ridiculous... or are they?
They probably know regardless of leader they will get to the next GE and fall. Elect suitable canon fodder (Truss), no great loss if she’s out of a job in two years, they’ve probably already offered her a comfy landing in the house of lords for her fall.
Sit back and watch Labour wrestle with the many issues that will tear them to bits for four years and make them look unelectable.
Then they probably feel fairly confident of getting back in for another 12.
I hate these Torys (I’m politically homeless) but in my eyes that’s the smart move.
No ruling party will look good for the foreseeable. Brexit N,l, Colossal debt, cost of living etc.
Plus the current bunch of self obsessed, over ambitious, haunted beanbags don’t look like they’d relish the challenge ahead, too much like hard work!
Too many tough decisions to make that will not fit with their populism style of governance.