Boots

B

Brendan

It's a nightmare choosing boots, I'm currently shopping between buckler dealer boots, some dewalt riggers and dewalt lace up boots depending on what I'm doing that day. None of them are particularly comfy or long lasting tho.
I've heard good things about redback boots but not sure how they would last. A mix of oil burning gear sparks general farm yard s**t and concrete tends to kill all boots!
Had a set of the DeWalt riggers they didn't last long at all, was working in silty water and it all seeped into the boot between the inner lining and outer cover

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Dealer boots here for around the farm but generally last a year if I am lucky....also mix it with a pair of safety shoes when on site!

Nick...

Nick...

Order the boots direct from America.easy to do
Nick...

wee_gus

wee_gus

Been using V12 for years and can’t fault them, usually get about 18 months maybe a little longer.

Attachments

• 7400E621-54E9-49DF-AEB1-DADC1B2CDBF7.png
    7400E621-54E9-49DF-AEB1-DADC1B2CDBF7.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 178
S

Smiffy

Order the boots direct from America.easy to do
Nick...

Bit concerned about returning them if they dont fit and the cost of it
I am planning a holiday in America in the next two years and will definitely be bringing a couple of pairs of boots back as well as various other work gear as i dont think American kit can be beaten

Danny

Danny

Buckler dealer boots for me the comfort is good normally last me around 12-18 months

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

I find the Buckler rigger boot good, last a good while and comfy. I bought a pair of lace-ups last time with the zip up the side but the zip didn't last long. Still wearing them though.

modelman093

modelman093

Used to be a big fan of riggers, but now banned from most sites. Don’t really understand why when wellingtons are allowed.
I had heard that and was about to ask WHY?
What is the reason?.

pettsy

pettsy

I heard they were banned from tarmac sites due to possibility of tarmac falling down inside and lack of ancle support?

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I heard they were banned from tarmac sites due to possibility of tarmac falling down inside and lack of ancle support?
I can see where they are coming from with the possibility of hot tarmac falling inside, but my point was if they are so dangerous how are wellingtons (which are still allowed) any better? If anything the rubber offers even less ankle support.
Graham

M

mart1602

what a world were living in when someone can tell you what boots you can or cant wear to work

doobin

doobin

what a world were living in when someone can tell you what boots you can or cant wear to work

I don't want my guys off work with a twisted ankle or worse (costing me money) because they wore s**t boots. Simple as.

We run the best PPE- always have. I'm not talking overkill, helmets everywhere, even in an open field. But comfortable, well fitted gear makes working in it a pleasure. The knee pads in the trousers are £40 a pair :eek: but totally worth it.

Grahams

Grahams

Good gear is important to productivity.
Also it is a way of showing the guys you appreciate their efforts by buying them good gear, rather than just buying it for yourself. It makes a noticable difference to moral when you hand out good gear.
Graham

Nick...

Nick...

I don't want my guys off work with a twisted ankle or worse (costing me money) because they wore s**t boots. Simple as.

We run the best PPE- always have. I'm not talking overkill, helmets everywhere, even in an open field. But comfortable, well fitted gear makes working in it a pleasure. The knee pads in the trousers are £40 a pair :eek: but totally worth it.
With you on this but I know so many lads on site who buy the cheapest they can find then wonder why it falls apart.you spend a third of your life in work boots so buy the best
Nick...

B

Brendan

The dealers I have on will be the last set I get don't think k will go back to riggers either, as much as I like riggers after twisting my ankle will be going back to a lace up that goes over the ankle..... Once I can comfortably were so etching that touches my ankle

Grahams

Grahams

Someone else recommended jallete
My last pair of riggers were Jalette. Very comfortable and I wore them for a couple of years before they were banned and still going strong. Hopefully you will get good life out of those boots. Very good price.
Graham

G

Gez_lewis

Wellys are another nightmare!
I hate the thin bottom ones they hurt my feet.
I like the Dunlop thermos with the thick bottom but after trudging through sh!t and wet concrete all day today it felt like I'd filled them with water!