Bobcat E19

doobin

doobin

I wonder how it compares with its lifting ability to the e20z?
I didn't really consider the E20z as I was convinced I didn't want zero tail, plus I thought it was cab only (turns out you can get canopy models too)

In hindsight I might have prefered a canopy E20z with a s**t load of quickly removable counterweight, as I ended up with on the Hyundai. But who knows?

Furniss

Furniss

I didn't really consider the E20z as I was convinced I didn't want zero tail, plus I thought it was cab only (turns out you can get canopy models too)

In hindsight I might have prefered a canopy E20z with a s**t load of quickly removable counterweight, as I ended up with on the Hyundai. But who knows?
Depends on your work I suppose but for me the stand out on positive on the U17 after my 801 is the zero swing 👌 never used a zero swing before and its brilliant not to have to watch the arse end when your up close.
Not sure whether i would go zero swing on my 3t,only ever had (for a brief time) one zero swing 3t and it was a 8027 zts JCB and it was the worst machine I have ever used , would even move if you were arm out cross undercarriage 🤨........love the stabilty of the KX71-3 it makes it superb for grading compared to my 8t kubota with its tilt bucket that shows you up if you dont concentrate on being smooth.... just graded off a few hundred m2 of 0-30mm with it and its hard work to get a mint finish, hydraulically its brilliant but nodds as you come to grade which spoils it.

Took it for granted before but the kx71 makes you realise how much better a stable machine is compared to a noddy fecker.

No1 priority for next machine 👍

doobin

doobin

Depends on your work I suppose but for me the stand out on positive on the U17 after my 801 is the zero swing 👌 never used a zero swing before and its brilliant not to have to watch the arse end when your up close.
Not sure whether i would go zero swing on my 3t,only ever had (for a brief time) one zero swing 3t and it was a 8027 zts JCB and it was the worst machine I have ever used , would even move if you were arm out cross undercarriage 🤨........love the stabilty of the KX71-3 it makes it superb for grading compared to my 8t kubota with its tilt bucket that shows you up if you dont concentrate on being smooth.... just graded off a few hundred m2 of 0-30mm with it and its hard work to get a mint finish, hydraulically its brilliant but nodds as you come to grade which spoils it.

Took it for granted before but the kx71 makes you realise how much better a stable machine is compared to a noddy fecker.

No1 priority for next machine 👍
Stability was what I was looking for with the E19, especially running grab and rotator. And it is super stable. I guess we can't have it all!

doobin

doobin

Well she's still here. 400 odd hours now. Had the console arm sensor fail which was super annoying. Managed to keep it going with cable ties and contact cleaner but in the end had to drive an hour to the nearest service van to collect the part as they couldn't get to me till the next day. Got a spare for on the shelf.

God the hydraulic pump is noisy on this thing! Apparently it's just the way they are. It's nigh on impossible to operate this machine when it's cold weather and first started- even made up a loop for the aux ports (luckily you can lock the aux on) so I can leave it pumping for five minutes.

The tracking still feels gutless unless in a straight line when well warmed up. I wonder if this is the high torque motors I specced- it does push very well, albeit slowly.

GazCro

GazCro

Well she's still here. 400 odd hours now. Had the console arm sensor fail which was super annoying. Managed to keep it going with cable ties and contact cleaner but in the end had to drive an hour to the nearest service van to collect the part as they couldn't get to me till the next day. Got a spare for on the shelf.

God the hydraulic pump is noisy on this thing! Apparently it's just the way they are. It's nigh on impossible to operate this machine when it's cold weather and first started- even made up a loop for the aux ports (luckily you can lock the aux on) so I can leave it pumping for five minutes.

The tracking still feels gutless unless in a straight line when well warmed up. I wonder if this is the high torque motors I specced- it does push very well, albeit slowly.
I'd expect the tracking should be better with high torque motors tbh unless its short of flow to them which may be the issue and nowt you can do about that. If the pump is that bad I'd be at them about it tbh. Are they sure its the pump? Could be a bad valve.

hiluxman

hiluxman

They are very noisey.

Tracking I find is fine in a streight line bit naff when turning. It has plenty of push tho.

Can't say I find any issues when it's cold. It drives as it should.
I run mine usually around 1700 to 1900rmp and if I'm wanting to waz muck about I'll turn it up to 2k to 2.1k rmp probably not suit everyone's style but does everything I ask of it.

I find them a decent machine for the cost of them. Would I buy another? It would have to be a similar cost difference to cat again (5k) for me to say yes.

doobin

doobin

They are very noisey.

Tracking I find is fine in a streight line bit naff when turning. It has plenty of push tho.

Can't say I find any issues when it's cold. It drives as it should.
I run mine usually around 1700 to 1900rmp and if I'm wanting to waz muck about I'll turn it up to 2k to 2.1k rmp probably not suit everyone's style but does everything I ask of it.

I find them a decent machine for the cost of them. Would I buy another? It would have to be a similar cost difference to cat again (5k) for me to say yes.
I don't think mine would do anything at 1700rpm!!! Always needs to be flat out to do much, I find. It's the same engine as in the E10 ffs! :rolleyes:

Just had a price off CAT for the 1.9t with canopy, 21k. Can't see the E19 being much less than 20k currently. I paid 19k back in end of 2020 for full spec with every option ticked including hydraulic hitch.

B

Brendan

I don't think mine would do anything at 1700rpm!!! Always needs to be flat out to do much, I find. It's the same engine as in the E10 ffs! :rolleyes:

Just had a price off CAT for the 1.9t with canopy, 21k. Can't see the E19 being much less than 20k currently. I paid 19k back in end of 2020 for full spec with every option ticked including hydraulic hitch.
My dx10 is the same, flat out and still feels like could do with a few more rpm

Hg2702

Hg2702

Obviously I love my cat but I’d stress the new machines feel very much like the owner operators machine . f***ed if I’d want any Tom dick or harry driving it. All the little bits like skid steer and cruise control are nice if you want it which I did. Plus the air cons lush

O

OBL

Mines very noisy too, I wear noise cancelling headphones or ear defenders if I’m on it all day. It’s the whine of the pump like you say, I get home at night and I can swear I can still hear it like tinitus...

Agree about the tracking, mines standard motors and will track quick when warm but doesn’t like pushing stuff about too much.

I like the long reach, stability and grading though... and the price!

Biggest regret is not getting a hydraulic hitch, the sprung Rhinox is absolute dog s**t. Hideous play after 350 hours. I woudnt buy anything rhinox after this. Avoid like the plague....

hiluxman

hiluxman

That's not bad from cat. I've had a few cat minis and they have always been good machines, I got put off when they went to wacker nuson machines and put cat badges on. Not bad machines to druve but not for me owning one. Hence going with bobcat/doosan when they came back 5k cheaper back in 2017. I had a price from cat last year but they had only got basic selection available, rest on long lead times so I spent some money on a grab lorry instead.

doobin

doobin

If it's a bit crap then now is probably a good time to sell.
You must think I'm crazy. What could I replace it with? Every manufacturer is lying through their teeth with regards to wait times. Anyhow, my op likes it so that's all that really matters from a business point of view.

It'll have to stay until things quieten down. On the plus side, I've just been out and knocked in a few posts with the knocker on the E27, and I've got to say, that is a first class machine. Especially for rotator and grab work. Bags of power- it's the next engine up from the E27z and it shows.

This line in the sand for engine size based upon a few random weight classes is bollocks. It's ruining otherwise good machines. If that E19 had the lump from the outdoing Hyundai in it (Kubota D902) it would be a superb machine. There's room in it for a larger engine I reckon, and the E27 with the larger engine shows it's something Bobcat have done before for the 'premium' machines. So why not do it for the E19?

GazCro

GazCro

There's no line in the sand for engine size as such the problem is more simple than that. Every manufacturer makes too many models/sizes. To differentiate between them they have to downrate some otherwise you wouldn't buy the next size up.

doobin

doobin

There's no line in the sand for engine size as such the problem is more simple than that. Every manufacturer makes too many models/sizes. To differentiate between them they have to downrate some otherwise you wouldn't buy the next size up.
I'm talking about emissions regs, and anything over 26hp needing DPF or AdBlue.

GazCro

GazCro

I'm talking about emissions regs, and anything over 26hp needing DPF or AdBlue.
But ur e19 isn't 25hp though is it it's way short of that aren't they only about 13hp. So there's loads more power before dpf comes into it. But the simple fact remains when you make so many models they can't all be optimised.