Bobcat E19

hiluxman

hiluxman

I don't know if it's just the picture or being a canopy machine but it looks seriously wide and squat in comparison to some 1.9 machines looks like it will be stable
They are just over 1400 wide if I remember correctly with the tracks out. I find them very stable

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

So it's finally arrived. And done 5.6 hours work before parking it up with a massive oil leak from somewhere in the valve chest. :rolleyes: That alone wouldn't be so bad, you could call it teething issues, but the mechanic still has the E27 in bits to replace a valve section that was stopping the blade holding proper pressure. At least he's back first thing Monday I suppose.

Not had much of a play on it (obviously) but so far the good:

I specced the comfort pack (better seat and rollers for aux and offset) and let me tell you- I am proper comfortable. It's bloody massive- definately a 2t class machine rather than 1.5t. Acres of floor space, a big storage cupboard under the seat, bottle holder, other cubby holes and tons of space behind the seat. The tracking leavers are easily removable and the pedals fold up- superb design as on the E27.

It handles the Tigergrip with the rotator much better than I thought it would. Quite comfortable with it so long as you're sensible. I've fitted my grapple to it for versatility as a lot of the time a heavy rotating grab would be too much.

The grading is really, really good. I specced short arm. Grading was my main concern as the E27 isn't the best despite a mod, wheras the Hyundai the E19 replaced was an absolute peach. But this thing is brilliant. Really nice to use, and cleans up fairly well against the blade (long blade specced)

The twin aux setup works well, and you can select from three flow settings on the main aux.

The blade extensions seem strong and well built.

I've not had much chance to test digging power. It ripped a small stump out far easier than I thought it would come, but that could have been ground conditions too. Seemed to struggle a bit with a 600 in mudstone but that can be hard going as you try to get the initial scrape in and thinking about it, it was lifting the front end up easy enough.

The not so good:

It's very quick on both the slew and pushing the dipper back out. This of course is probably the other side of people complaining that they won't push muck away. It does push, but not brilliantly. Glad I don't have long arm. This wants changing, it's pointless having the arm extend so fast that you have to be careful, especially when this means it can't push so well.

The tracking seems hard work even though I specced the extra torque motors. To be fair, I've not driven anything but the E27 or E10 for a while. I think a lot of the blame can be placed upon having such a small engine (thanks to those ***** at the EU and emmissions regs). Despite more on paper than the Hyundai in almost every metric, the Kubota lump is only 10kw whereas in the Hyundai it was 12.5kw. There's no replacement for displacement. This means that when tracking it won't do anything that requires extra flow. This was the main reason I went for the E27 as it still had the largest engine in it's class along with the KX30. Possibly when the tracking pedals loosen up I'll get good at slowing the flow slightly to use other services, I probably had to do this in the Hyundai but it became instinct and it's been so long I've forgotten.

All the couplings are DN08. This is not normal on this class machine, and bloody pointless. Especially on the Aux 2, which is only fed with 3/8 hose as it runs off the offset. To make matters worse, the bulkhead fittings are some stupid JIC 1 1/16 with an o ring seal (not cone) on the DN08 fittings. I've ordered some swivel to 1/2" BSP adaptors, hopefully they will work but I have my doubts. Might end up being a thread sealant job.

Niggles aside, it will do the jobs I want it for. My days of major tracking and grab work with a small machine are over now I have the E27 so not being able to move the arm and track is something I can just work around. I'm very happy at the grading ability. Bobcat made it easy to add extras for very little cost. Most of all, the price and finance was right (there, I said it). I now have three machines covering every weight class for under £900 in 0% finance a month, with all the attachments being shared between them. With these, I can undertake a really diverse range of jobs and save a lot of time hiring bog standard machines. And they're always there when I need them.

I'd have done you a photoshoot with all three side by side, but like I told the salesman when he delivered, that kind of lineup doesn't look so impressive when one of them is in bits...

Oh, and don't buy a Bobcat for the gifts. E10 I got an XXL tee shirt. E27 I got a pair of sunglasses. E19 I got a bottle of cheap wine, I'm sure that's just because it's Christmas and I'm also sure that the box of cake I gave him to take back to the service team was more expensive than the wine. Took my missus back the bottle, she turned around and said 'that's the third machine, where's the f****ng hamper?' :ROFLMAO:

Let the piss taking commence.

View attachment 19728
Tidy...can tell you not in Lancashire tho with that can🙄

Gunners

Gunners

What? No cab? Is this so granny feels bad for you in the cold and keeps the tea supply flowing?🤪
Sorry to hear about the leak, annoying but they do say that its only brand new and old machines that go wrong. Ill leave the "should have bought a Takuchi" remarks to other members😁
I drove one of these recently (with a cab mind!!!) and thought its a really well thought out digger. Tracking was a bit poor but I was hoping yours with the mod would have fixed that. Hope she serves you well.

doobin

doobin

Have you dragged the counterweight along a wall yet?
Steel fence. God it’s been a while since I had to watch out for an arse end. Like being back on the schaeff!

Attachments

• EDD6F56F-CB5C-405F-BB39-A03FEC024890.jpeg
    EDD6F56F-CB5C-405F-BB39-A03FEC024890.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 201
B

Brendan

Congrats on the new machine, going to look a worse line up with two in bits 😂

I got sweet fa off of murley when I bought the dx10(outright), also didn't really get any sort of hello just looked at, like I had just stepped in dog crap and stomped all over their shop smearing it everywhere.

Hopefully your issue is a small one although that oil is very black for a brand spanking new machine

doobin

doobin

The forums f****ng bobcat salesman has brought a sieve.
Bought Rory.
Congrats on the new machine, going to look a worse line up with two in bits 😂

I got sweet fa off of murley when I bought the dx10(outright), also didn't really get any sort of hello just looked at, like I had just stepped in dog crap and stomped all over their shop smearing it everywhere.

Hopefully your issue is a small one although that oil is very black for a brand spanking new machine
trick of the light, it was virgin hydraulic oil. Loose hose connection, all sorted. Taking it to a small job tomorrow.