Badger's Workshop

honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
Hm. Chap had no idea what it was and neither did several around here. Have looked into some prices of en19t and en24t but the chap said 'I'll email you' Can't take that long to get a quote, be back on the phone to him tomorrow morning. Same with JCB about that solenoid shuttle. 'I'll ring you back' Again nothing. Very frustrating don't have all the time in the world to be chasing plonkers round after overpriced parts :ROFLMAO:
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
BMS for bosses, anything else would be overkill. If the pin is turn in the boss you'll need a Bush anyway.
I can't say i see bushings in all the places they should be on farm equiptment then lol
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
Tbf some farm equipment is shockingly built even tractors seem to be thrown together without grease nipples in all the necessary places
Yeah some tractors are shocking with their grease nipples, especially the ones where they don't think about where they put them, we've got one which has nipples on the bottom of the machine they're the lowest point and suprise suprise they get broken
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Yeah some tractors are shocking with their grease nipples, especially the ones where they don't think about where they put them, we've got one which has nipples on the bottom of the machine they're the lowest point and suprise suprise they get broken

And things like the lift assist Rams on newhollands are installed with blind pins and no coperslip grease nipples anything no thought for them being removed
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Hm. Chap had no idea what it was and neither did several around here. Have looked into some prices of en19t and en24t but the chap said 'I'll email you' Can't take that long to get a quote, be back on the phone to him tomorrow morning. Same with JCB about that solenoid shuttle. 'I'll ring you back' Again nothing. Very frustrating don't have all the time in the world to be chasing plonkers round after overpriced parts :ROFLMAO:

have you tried klockner metals out by crealy ?
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
have you tried klockner metals out by crealy ?
Yes one of the other steel places told me to ring them. They're mainly fabrication steels the chap said. Unless I'm mixing places up I rung so many of them :ROFLMAO:
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
It’s very rare I need metal unless we’re putting in retaining walls or what not, they’ve always been fairly spot on 👍🏽 Think there is also Pullman steels but I’ve never used them only ever seen the adverts
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
For metal I normally head more local at conibear bros in crediton and they're ideal for me, closed at the mo though unfortunatly. Dyfed in collumpton is hoping to open weds apparently
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Do you know Matt Willis of s j Willis ? A Few places are opening up again which must be something positive !
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
Do you know Matt Willis of s j Willis ? A Few places are opening up again which must be something positive !
Can't say the name is ringing any bells I'm afraid.
Yeah it's a relief, everything can only stay closed for so long
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
We've been using acenta for engineering steels, no idea where the nearest to you is though
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
We've been using acenta for engineering steels, no idea where the nearest to you is though
Ideal that
(y)
Rung them up, got a quick quote, delivery only £18.50, steel £150 cheaper than the last quote i received and should be here on thursday if ordered by tomorrow apparently.
Had to double check I'd asked for 50mm :ROFLMAO:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Ideal that
(y)
Rung them up, got a quick quote, delivery only £18.50, steel £150 cheaper than the last quote i received and should be here on thursday if ordered by tomorrow apparently.
Had to double check I'd asked for 50mm :ROFLMAO:
150 quid for a bar of 50 dia BDMS ?? :oops::oops:
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
Then the place Mike recomended and en19t 3000mm £100ish can't remember exactly got the quote on the phone. When I got quoted nearly £50 for a 320mm pin yesterday. (Also en19t)
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Then the place Mike recomended and en19t 3000mm £100ish can't remember exactly got the quote on the phone. When I got quoted nearly £50 for a 320mm pin yesterday. (Also en19t)
tha's £2,300 a tonne :oops::oops:
 
M

mart1602

Well-known member
have you tried malcom balfor ,hes on ebay will machine any pins bosses etc very good service
 
Top