4x4 pickups or iveco's that will tow 3.5 ton

J

Jimoz

No I got my license in oz and when they transferred it I got the full trailer bit

J

Jimoz

You can tow in oz from standard. Many times I got to drive at the top with the trailer on when like 13 as it's private property

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Yes, it is a van version. Twin back wheels to aid towing and off road.
IMG_1277.jpeg

hiluxman

hiluxman

Looks good, i darent have a van round our way otherwise itll be emptied within 5mins.

How much was it? And more to the point how much discount did you get?

Ive always bought 2nd hand trucks but im feeling the need of somthing more comfortable and somthing that will comply with the emmisions shite weve got coming here next year

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Looks good, i darent have a van round our way otherwise itll be emptied within 5mins.

How much was it? And more to the point how much discount did you get?

Ive always bought 2nd hand trucks but im feeling the need of somthing more comfortable and somthing that will comply with the emmisions shite weve got coming here next year
I looked for a long time for a good second hand one, but they are few and far between and the ones I saw were well over priced, often more than I could get a new one for.
I got 30% off the list price, but I did tick a lot of the optional extras. Also bare in mind I signed up for it at the start of March and Iveco were worried about demand and pushed out great discounts to their dealers. Now when I picked it up the salesman I dealt with was saying they were flying out on the back of bbl and no need to offer much if any discount.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Can’t remember off the top of my head, but 7 tonne train weight, so I can tow a full trailer.
I need to investigate..been wondering about a MAN but think I'll check Iveco out now.
Always had German stuff.

hiluxman

hiluxman

I looked at a Man. All the write ups were good, but really wanted a three litre engine as it will have a hard life and wringing high power out of a little engine seems a recipe for not lasting long.
Ive had no issues with the 2.3 and they get more stick than my 3.0.

Ive had a good lump knocked off already but im tighter than a ducks arse, its a good lump more than others ive had quoted but im not a fan of any of the others.

B

Brendan

below are the full details I was given by a firm that up grades them for the arb industry

As discussed, to uprate your d-Max Double cab pickup to 3,500kgs GVW & 7,000kgs GTW, you will need the following:

1. Arrange fitment of VB Base Airbag Rear suspension kit. There is a national dealer network for VB Air suspension and he should be able to contact his local dealer to arrange a quotation to supply & fit this to his D-Max – we normally charge circa 500 + VAT to do this. The part number for the base kit is 1551314200
VB Air Suspension list of UK dealers - https://www.vbairsuspension.co.uk/en/page/dealers/list.html

1. He will also need to arrange for fitment of an uprated tow-bar that is part of the requirements for the upgrade – he can purchase this direct from the supplier who will ship to a destination of his choice – the uprated tow-bar is manufactured and supplied by Towtrust tow-bars and the actual pat number he requires is TIZ1H and these are 250 + VAT to us
https://www.tow-trust.co.uk/towbars/isuzu/d_max/TiZ1H-d-max-multi-height-adjustable-towbar-made-to-order/2012>

1. Once the above is complete I would then need quite a lot of specific detail from his vehicle (e,g. tyre size, registration number, chassis number, etc) and also specifically photos of the following:
  • Photo of whole vehicle with registration number clearly visible
  • Photo of uprated towbar fitted to vehicle
  • Close up of uprated towbar fitted to vehicle
  • Photo of VIN plate with chassis number clearly visible
  • Photo of wheel and tuyre with tyre details (size, etc) clearly visible
We would go through this detail with you and complete all the uprate submission paperwork and then we would need the original log book from you to ultimately complete the uprate process. The cost of the uprate submission is 450 + VAT

i have had tow bar change this week to the one listed above and it is some piece of kit compared to the standard one, with Hight adjustment built in.
i went for the air bags with built in compressor bit more money but i am only doing the job once.
wish me luck with the paperwork an I will keep you all informed
What company did you use for the upgrade?

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

What company did you use for the upgrade?
i got the work done done by the guy that dose all my servicing etc made a big difference to the truck no more dragging its ass up the road.
to be honest i never got all the paper work sorted it all turned into a bit of a ball ake with all of them from dvla etc working from home i was bounced from one number to another to try and get sorted. i will have another go once every one is back at work properly
and now i have my operators lenience i will get a tipper once i am allowed to go and have a look at some

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Fitting a tacho at same time?

Not a subject that comes up much with the 3.5T pickup discussions...presume everyone only carries diggers and tools or works within 100km of home?
Certainly put us off running a pickup and trailer combo when we researched it properly for deliveries...

Last edited:
Nick...

Nick...

Fitting a tacho at same time?

Not a subject that comes up much with the 3.5T pickup discussions...presume everyone only carries diggers and tools or works within 100km of home?
Certainly put us off running a pickup and trailer combo when we researched it properly for deliveries...
Does anyone drag mini diggers on trailers over 100km.i very rarely go any further than 10 miles and normally less.
nick...