4x4 pickups or iveco's that will tow 3.5 ton

J

Justme

It would be a face of delight as he starts putting you in your place and prepares to utterly keelhaul you on both C&U Regs you know nothing of and a tirade of other unknown s**t......

If a 3.5t mini artic was viable i'd be doing it..... It's not and there is a reason no one really runs em in the UK.

To be viable you need a pre 19-01-2013 BE licence & a down plated C1 vehicle.

J

Justme

you seem not to have understood. This is still a car driven on a car licence towing withing its plated train weight in compliance with the CAR licence which has no weight limit. The trailer may need an annual test if its heavy enough but no O licence nonsesne.

Not an easy solution to put together as you need to have an old driving licence with grandfather rights but for the right person/requirement its a gem.

If the GTW is over the limit & no other exemption applies (cant see the small trailer one applying) then you would need O licence.
Being on a car licence does not stop the need for O licence.

J

Justme

I want this one..... no real reason why though 😁

Ok now I can fully see it.

It does articulate so its just a trailer with a drive through system & a fancy deck.

Now the bad news.

You can not ever drive one in the uk no matter what licence you have.

The vehicle is cat B up to 3500kg.
So the C1 & C do not apply as they start at 3501kg.

It has a trailer that is over 7m body length so is not allowed to be towed by any vehicle that is sub 3501kg.

That said I sort of love it.

Is it better than a double deck?
Is the extra length worth it over reduced height?

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
So who has tried to downplate a 7.5t vehicle.

A izuzu is about the lightest you will get. I promise you will struggle to meet the minimum carrying capacity to downplate with that......

J

Justme

It’s got a 40c14 badge, so 4200kg gvw downrated to 3500kg

So why the 8700kg GTW?

8700-4200= 4500kg but as it does not have active trailer brakes (air?) it would be limited to 3500kg any way.

Yet 8700 - 5200 = 3500kg. Which does add up.

B

Brendan

bet it's an absolute pig to drive
What's on there? Two a4's and a q5 must be be over 3t sat on the trailer.
Even if it somehow manages to be legal it's unfortunately pointless in this country as needs to be towed by bigger vehicle than 3.5t gvw

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Ooo. Im just about to say yes to one.
Ive got the gen3 and gen4 ones and have never had an issue with them
Never had one before, but only heard good things about them and will legally tow 3500kg.
first impressions are it is well put together, all the panels fit and no rattles unlike new Landrover’s I’ve had. No water in the cab after rain either! Goes like a train, but that might have something to do with 3 litres and 210 hp.
A few quirky things that will take time to get used to such as the add blue filler being the opposite side to the diesel filler so you need to move pumps to fill up both. The rear view camera has a weird lens so it looks like you are backing into a canyon. Good thing is that you can switch it on when going forward so I can look at the load on the trailer if something doesn’t feel right rather Than having to stop on the hard shoulder.

hiluxman

hiluxman

Never had one before, but only heard good things about them and will legally tow 3500kg.
first impressions are it is well put together, all the panels fit and no rattles unlike new Landrover’s I’ve had. No water in the cab after rain either! Goes like a train, but that might have something to do with 3 litres and 210 hp.
A few quirky things that will take time to get used to such as the add blue filler being the opposite side to the diesel filler so you need to move pumps to fill up both. The rear view camera has a weird lens so it looks like you are backing into a canyon. Good thing is that you can switch it on when going forward so I can look at the load on the trailer if something doesn’t feel right rather Than having to stop on the hard shoulder.

Ive got a 3l gen3 which pulls its brains out ive also a gen4 which too pulls its brains out but is only the 2.3 but same bhp.
Ive also got my old gen3 2.3 in the yard which was/still is a good thing. Ive just sold my old gen3 2.8 after 11 years of good service and my other gen3 2.8 i sold afew years ago is still going strong

The auto i believe is the same box as my range rover, id of never considered an agile gearbox in the iveco.

Im buying this one to replace my transit tipper, which is the oldest thing in the frontline fleet and the thing i seem to drive day in day out.

Im assuming you have got a van version? Is it single wheel or double?

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Ive got a 3l gen3 which pulls its brains out ive also a gen4 which too pulls its brains out but is only the 2.3 but same bhp.
Ive also got my old gen3 2.3 in the yard which was/still is a good thing. Ive just sold my old gen3 2.8 after 11 years of good service and my other gen3 2.8 i sold afew years ago is still going strong

The auto i believe is the same box as my range rover, id of never considered an agile gearbox in the iveco.

Im buying this one to replace my transit tipper, which is the oldest thing in the frontline fleet and the thing i seem to drive day in day out.

Im assuming you have got a van version? Is it single wheel or double?
Yes, it is a van version. Twin back wheels to aid towing and off road.

J

Jimoz

I've got my license in 07 and it includes trailer. Does this make it special? Wish I had the upto 7.5t rights

J

Justme

I've got my license in 07 and it includes trailer. Does this make it special? Wish I had the upto 7.5t rights

2007? You dont have full trailer on that.

limited to 750kg or combined 3500kg.