3 ton fuel consumption?

L

Lynchy

Is that with current fuel prices? If it’s against fuel prices from a year or so ago then the figures will be much more attractive now with white etc.
Yeah was just before white came in n prices surged so that's true,just don't keep them longer than warranty period!

S

Smiffy

I know people are saying it will spur on the use of smaller machines but it is a fine line.
I have been using a 6 tonner for a few days on work that would normally be done by a 3t machine. I'm reckoning it has used about half what the 3t would have. Trenching in heavy clay and leveling crush. Nowhere near as much tracking about and it's been barely off tickover. For most of it

GazCro

GazCro

I know people are saying it will spur on the use of smaller machines but it is a fine line.
I have been using a 6 tonner for a few days on work that would normally be done by a 3t machine. I'm reckoning it has used about half what the 3t would have. Trenching in heavy clay and leveling crush. Nowhere near as much tracking about and it's been barely off tickover. For most of it
It depends how you are working, if you are going out on hourly or day rate with a machine inclusive of fuel you don't wanna be burning more but you can afford to burn twice the fuel if you're getting on twice as fast on a price.

S

Smiffy

It depends how you are working, if you are going out on hourly or day rate with a machine inclusive of fuel you don't wanna be burning more but you can afford to burn twice the fuel if you're getting on twice as fast on a price.

But this burning less fuel and considerably quicker. I know it's twice the purchase price and delivery costs but it makes life so much quicker and easier