3 ton fuel consumption?

Storrsy

Storrsy

6 weeks ago would this have even been a thread on here?
Yeah. Stung from both ends. No red diesel usage and soaring fuel prices. Notice quite a difference even using small machines - feel for setups running 13t plus, the ones who have been running at the cheaper end are going to find it pretty hard to absorb the difference.

GazCro

GazCro

Yeah. Stung from both ends. No red diesel usage and soaring fuel prices. Notice quite a difference even using small machines - feel for setups running 13t plus, the ones who have been running at the cheaper end are going to find it pretty hard to absorb the difference.
I'm no raving environmentalist but I'll be honest the one good thing that should come from the white diesel change is that it should make people think about fuel usage and tbh the price of red currently should make those still able to use it think. See too many jobs round here where the amount of machinery on it or the amount of times they move material around on site because of poor planning or lack of foresight will cost a fortune in wasted fuel, but it'll just be passed on to the customer I'm afraid. It does however make them expensive so it should keep me nice and busy.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Judging by the steady stream of fastracs and JDs with dump trailers carting topsoil off a new housing estate job this week lancashire is obviously exempt from the new regs 😎

Nick...

Nick...

On a busy day working for 8 hours flat out my volvo ecr25 will use around 25 plus litres.think tank is 29 litres and I have put 28 in on occasions,all measured.depeding on work I’ll normally get away with 10/15 though.very rare in my line of work to be running all day and often only clock 2/3 hours which obviously uses a lot less.finding it a real pain In the arse keep swapping from red to white and back depending on work.
nick...

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
On a busy day working for 8 hours flat out my volvo ecr25 will use around 25 plus litres.think tank is 29 litres and I have put 28 in on occasions,all measured.depeding on work I’ll normally get away with 10/15 though.very rare in my line of work to be running all day and often only clock 2/3 hours which obviously uses a lot less.finding it a real pain In the arse keep swapping from red to white and back depending on work.
nick...
you're actually bothering, with that little consumption ?? :unsure::oops:

doobin

doobin

Yes I am.i understand building control are checking machines when doing site visits and apparently £500 fine if on red.
nick...
He means why not just run on white, with red at £1.30 a litre anyhow!

V8Druid

V8Druid

Yes I am.i understand building control are checking machines when doing site visits and apparently £500 fine if on red.
nick...
they have no authority to do that Nick ..... HMRC territory only .... :rolleyes:
half the time they know FA about what they're supposed to be at, let alone machine fuels :mad:

V8Druid

V8Druid

I’d agree 100 % with you butplenty of jobsworths about.
nick...
in light of the fact you're running legit, I'd be having a conversation with your local HMRC people about the fact that these pr*cks're performing way beyond their remit ... I'm pretty certain they'd be VERY interested to be involved ;):rolleyes: and in knowing where the 500 quid fines're ending up :giggle:

6feetdown

nick...
Well unfortunately I would politely tell said building control to feck off and stick to what they are supposed to do

Thomas7740

Thomas7740

@Nick... it’s not a set rate fine, it’s 5% of machine value as the first fine, 10% for second offence and third time your machine is confiscated. Know a man in Belfast got fined £1500 on the 8th April for being on red on a building site. They don’t just dip to see what colour your fuel is, they test it. If it’s under a certain % red you are ok if your swapping between farm and construction work.

L

Lynchy

I'm no raving environmentalist but I'll be honest the one good thing that should come from the white diesel change is that it should make people think about fuel usage and tbh the price of red currently should make those still able to use it think. See too many jobs round here where the amount of machinery on it or the amount of times they move material around on site because of poor planning or lack of foresight will cost a fortune in wasted fuel, but it'll just be passed on to the customer I'm afraid. It does however make them expensive so it should keep me nice and busy.
Speaking to komatsu recently,reckoned hybrid paid for against extra cost in fuel consumption for normal machine after 3 years,not much of a saving imho

doobin

doobin

Speaking to komatsu recently,reckoned hybrid paid for against extra cost in fuel consumption for normal machine after 3 years,not much of a saving imho
Is that with current fuel prices? If it’s against fuel prices from a year or so ago then the figures will be much more attractive now with white etc.