3 ton fuel consumption?

R

Russell

How much fuel does a 3 ton digger burn a day?
I realize it's variable but it won't be running fat out.

Furniss

Furniss

It more depends upon what you are doing with it rather than the brand I'd say.
Kubota 3t is thirsty ..I find all of my kubs thirsty compared to the JCB's I used to run.
EDIT: but they do have the correct amount of cylinders at least 😁

Last edited:
M

Monkeybusiness

Is that the 4 cylinder Kubota in that. My 5 ton Kubota is far more thirsty I find. Comparitively like.
I can’t remember if it’s 3 or 4 cylinder, but it’s definitely Kubota.
My 6 tonne Takeuchi (Yanmar engine) doesn’t use much more in a shift, but does a massive amount more work!
However, it wouldn’t really matter how much fuel (within reason) either used, as the work they do is incredible!

Storrsy

Storrsy

I can’t remember if it’s 3 or 4 cylinder, but it’s definitely Kubota.
My 6 tonne Takeuchi (Yanmar engine) doesn’t use much more in a shift, but does a massive amount more work!
However, it wouldn’t really matter how much fuel (within reason) either used, as the work they do is incredible!
Yeah that's what I was thinking. The yanmar seems a more efficient unit. But agree it's mad the amount of work these small diggers do on a pittance!

GazCro

GazCro

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The yanmar seems a more efficient unit. But agree it's mad the amount of work these small diggers do on a pittance!
Engine isn't the only factor, hyd pump and hyd system have a bearing as well. Bigger engine and pump comfortably on top of demand can be a lot more fuel efficient than smaller motor running flat out trying to keep up. With load sensing hydraulics seat filler can have a big impact as well.