1997 lifton dumper question/issue

  • Thread starter heritage machining
  • Start date
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Been using it today got a few steep hills to go up in fwd it struggles when loaded but in reverse it flies up them any ideas I can't see why unless the track motors are worn in one direction but I thought they were gear motors
Another thought just occured to me does it have non return valves in the drive system maybe one of those is faulty
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Been raining here today and i just could not face having a look it's just a bit annoying having to reverse up the hill with a full load I still can't see how if it works in one direction it does not in the other I mean the pressure comes from the same place through the fwd/rev valve to the wheel motors which I assume are gear ones
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Just wondered is muz still about from the plant and construction forum ? He seems to know about these things apparently the earlier ones have a flow divider now I just need to find it maybe it's that
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Just wondered is muz still about from the plant and construction forum ? He seems to know about these things apparently the earlier ones have a flow divider now I just need to find it maybe it's that
P&C is still functional .. PM him on there ... always a very helpful bloke (y)
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Sounds like the arv’s could need turning round, forward valve into reverse, and the same the other way round, I think we had some pictures some where! Send more of the transmission if you can.
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Had a good look underneath however I can't see anything that even remotely resembles a valve of any sort unless it's in the motors or pump two pipes come from 5he pump to the fwd /rev valve then two from it one to the fwd system and one to the reverse
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
IMG_20230807_130334240_HDR.jpg
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Had a good look underneath however I can't see anything that even remotely resembles a valve of any sort unless it's in the motors or pump two pipes come from 5he pump to the fwd /rev valve then two from it one to the fwd system and one to the reverse
you mean front and rear ?
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Yes I think it goes in a loop rev feeds to the rear fwd to the front and then connected together with 2 pipes between front and rear
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
This seems to be the basic circuit
 

Attachments

  • 05ee49eb-34fc-451f-8418-70ef5f974544.png
    05ee49eb-34fc-451f-8418-70ef5f974544.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 168
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Top being the front motors bottom the rear I apologize for my drawing
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Still being a bit of a pig I have bought new pipes for underneath the seat too so no I have new thorough out I will get into fitting those in the next couple of days and I'm going to check the steel lines too it seems better when cold too anyway heres a photo of a innovation I knocked up to move stuff around works well but 4 kerbstones is the limit although they are 70 kilos each
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230922_105555869_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230922_105555869_HDR.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 168
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Better in one direction than the other, or not good in either?
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Reverse pulls like a train I have been reversing up the hill with a full load no problem forward is a bit crap especially when warm needs full revs to move uphill empty
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Can you show me where these two hoses go!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1327.jpeg
    IMG_1327.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 167
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
They go to the mechanical fwd reverse valve one of these I replaced it as the old one was damaged
1695548032001.png
 
Top