1997 lifton dumper question/issue

  • Thread starter heritage machining
  • Start date
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
I have pulled the pump bit of a pita to get out next im going to strip and inpect it can't be that hard to refurbish can it?
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Found the fault don't know if you can see it but there is a groove where my nail is
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230524_191126592_copy_864x1152.jpg
    IMG_20230524_191126592_copy_864x1152.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 196
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Next comes the repair clocking the piece up ready to grind luckily I have a decent amount of machine tools in the shed I will take off a set amount and shim the carrier up the same amount
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230524_194903791_copy_864x1152.jpg
    IMG_20230524_194903791_copy_864x1152.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 208
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Here it's easier to see the damage and after I ground it next I will lap it with some carborundum paste and a bit of glass to get it proper smooth
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230524_214336525_copy_864x1152.jpg
    IMG_20230524_214336525_copy_864x1152.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20230524_215201380_copy_864x1152.jpg
    IMG_20230524_215201380_copy_864x1152.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 213
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Well done that man👆 dive in and get it done💪💪 refurbed a few hydraulic pumps the biggest was a set of four on a static scrap shear, the part you have there was 10” across on the set of four I did😳
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
A kit of parts all lapped using carborundum paste and a piece of glass
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230525_124844708_copy_864x1152.jpg
    IMG_20230525_124844708_copy_864x1152.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 177
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
I just put it together I can't see how it's timed the part I ground goes in first then the part with the pistons then the thin flat plate with the valve cutouts but that's keyed so it only goes one way
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
I just put it together I can't see how it's timed the part I ground goes in first then the part with the pistons then the thin flat plate with the valve cutouts but that's keyed so it only goes one way
Proof in the pudding I suppose, if it drives it drives!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
just had recollections of Trax saying in CEF a long time ago that these things needed timing, but suppose if it's keyed, rather than splined it has to go back together right :rolleyes:
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
just had recollections of Trax saying in CEF a long time ago that these things needed timing, but suppose if it's keyed, rather than splined it has to go back together right :rolleyes:
They’re not timed👍
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Ok so it's working well however I feel it's a bit slow is there any speed adjustment there is a stop on the throttle cable shall I try winding it out a bit also on a hill the auto brakes won't hold it stopped it creeps a bit can I adjust that too luckily the hand brake works
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Been using it today got a few steep hills to go up in fwd it struggles when loaded but in reverse it flies up them any ideas I can't see why unless the track motors are worn in one direction but I thought they were gear motors
 
Top