1997 lifton dumper question/issue

  • Thread starter heritage machining
  • Start date
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
So is it worth draining the 32 weight oil and putting in 46 still looking for a filter for it too it's 45 diameter by 80mm long judging by the filter housing as I don't have the original it was missing when I got it
's a hell of a small filter :oops:
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Only been run to test it need to find out what filter they took so I have a part number I am assuming it's a paper type
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Found it it's a sh52551in cas anyone else needs the info 28 quid delivered from online filters bit pricey as it has a valve in it next question is it worth draining out all the oil and re filling with fresh iso 46
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Looking tidy
IMG-20230510-WA0000.jpeg
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
thought you'd sold it ?? :unsure:
No, someone on he was interested but decided not to buy😢 anyway brother decided to put it back into storage🤔 I was going to make a proper loader arm for it as a little project but too many projects on the go😂😂
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Found it it's a sh52551in cas anyone else needs the info 28 quid delivered from online filters bit pricey as it has a valve in it next question is it worth draining out all the oil and re filling with fresh iso 46
You won’t get all the oil out! You can only dilute it, but 46 is better for it.
thought you'd sold it ?? :unsure:
probably told everyone he sold it so we didn’t ask for photos!
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
No, someone on he was interested but decided not to buy😢 anyway brother decided to put it back into storage🤔 I was going to make a proper loader arm for it as a little project but too many projects on the go😂😂
Knowing you you'll probably find a nice little compact loader in the skip anyway 😲😁
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
I have had some one asking to hire it for a couple of days what do people reckon I was thinking maybe 100 a day inc diesel
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
On another note how hard is it to register a dumper for the road and is it worth it considering it only occasionally crosses the road
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I have had some one asking to hire it for a couple of days what do people reckon I was thinking maybe 100 a day inc diesel
how well do you know them? is it worth the grief?
On another note how hard is it to register a dumper for the road and is it worth it considering it only occasionally crosses the road
if you're only crossing a road .. crack on :rolleyes: ... road registering a used piece of kit is very uphill ... @Grahams has done it IIRC .. had considered doing the 'Drema, but after reading his experiences :oops::oops:
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
I do know the guy and you always hope they look after your kit I normally am on site when my kit is there even if I'm not driving it
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
how well do you know them? is it worth the grief?

if you're only crossing a road .. crack on :rolleyes: ... road registering a used piece of kit is very uphill ... @Grahams has done it IIRC .. had considered doing the 'Drema, but after reading his experiences :oops::oops:
Looking at not that simple now as it has no lights indicators! No beacon or seat belt🤔
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Ok so today was it's first big job and it worked for a while and then stopped driving both fwd and rev except on the flat so is there any way to test the pump before I pull it off and bend over
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Ok so today was it's first big job and it worked for a while and then stopped driving both fwd and rev except on the flat so is there any way to test the pump before I pull it off and bend over
What do you mean on the flat? I think it sounds like the hydrostatic pump ARV’s are under adjusted, can you get access to pressure gauges?
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
I do have a pressure gauge on my press think it's 10000 psi where do i connect it is there a test port also how do I get to the ar valves do I need to remove the pump
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Another interesting note it seems to be heat related ie it works better when cold
 
Top