Yesterday’s aggravation

doobin

doobin

try the 831 ... so much more comfortable to use and a 'proper' switch/trigger -- not a fan of the 'sliders' and a fat ol' body for long use ... decent stuff though ... have never burnt out an 831
View attachment 27880
You can get the metabo with whatever trigger you prefer.
I’d say metabo and bosh are both ahead of dewalt in my experience.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Cordless are good and newer ones well capable of lasting as well but for a workshop tool where power is available corded are often handier due to being lighter and smaller (and a lot cheaper).
as I said a while back ... bought an Aldi 40v, 5" and have to say am thoroughly impressed with it .. battery life is far in excess of expectations and it's a great little weapon with a 1mm disc in it .... grinds OK too, but as a cutting tool it's excellent ... on the bench it's corded every time for anything HD, but have to say the little battery one comes out for the odd cut here and there regularly now;)
You can get the metabo with whatever trigger you prefer.
I’d say metabo and bosh are both ahead of dewalt in my experience.
as I've said before ... Bosch never stuck the pace on the bench - ever - for me, - 6 months was the limit - the 831 Dewalts proved themselves to be seriously reliable, and stood the pace, time after time .. only time we killed one was if it got in the way of summat heavy or an FLT wheel/fork and nothing'd stand that
but needs to be borne in mind that grinders in the Druids workshop took some hammer, in use all day, every day, morning 'til night .... was some proving ground for grinders

V8Druid

V8Druid

Should have employed some better welders, then.:LOL:
when it needs fettling to an invisible finish it has to be ground Bri ;) and if it needs vee-ing :rolleyes:

Bri963

Bri963

Had the 7024’s out today. Whenever I get a job like this it always seems to be a hot day. Mind you, saves pre-heat, as the bucket was getting fairly warm just standing in the sunshine. Managed to keep it straight, Gra.
30FAB199-2B96-4B07-A670-E26CD504A904.jpeg
16FF9F2D-9EBD-4D4F-8DF8-87A6D1E6CCEA.jpeg

Bri963

Bri963

Push-me-pull-you bar made for a one-off job moving a shovel with no engine. not allowed to damage the paint.

6C4A4FE3-DB23-44D2-B524-655F1802287B.jpeg

I doubt this will interest anyone but Gra, downhill weld with 3.2 6013’s, just to see if I could. Bohler Phoenix Blau. Not worth the effort on anything but thin plate, this was 3mm to 10 mm.
F58F815C-CDB6-4E50-AF25-BE55F3D7A378.jpeg

V8Druid

V8Druid

Push-me-pull-you bar made for a one-off job moving a shovel with no engine. not allowed to damage the paint.

View attachment 37190
I doubt this will interest anyone but Gra, downhill weld with 3.2 6013’s, just to see if I could. Bohler Phoenix BlauView attachment 37191
what sort of current Bri ... that's a very tidy down run :cool:(y)

how do you steer the shovel ?? :unsure:..... that's a very expensive bar :rolleyes::oops:

Bri963

Bri963

what sort of current Bri ... that's a very tidy down run :cool:(y)

how do you steer the shovel ?? :unsure:..... that's a very expensive bar :rolleyes::oops:
140 amps, and shifting. You’ll know this from experience, get slag in the first run and it’s a pig to get rid of. Wouldn’t pass x-ray.

Auxilliary steering circuit, off the battery. It wouldn’t have been so expensive if the fab shop hadn’t cocked all five bores and we had an afternoon putting a boring bar through. All the steel was offcuts from another job. I did the welding, mostly mig which goes against my religion but I needed it done fast.

Bri963

Bri963

I always considered a down run of weld as a ‘wash’ weld with very little penetration🤔 looks neat though👍👍
You’re exactly right, sod all penetration - unless it’s done with 6010 or 6011’s, like many thousands of miles of pipelines.

V8Druid

V8Druid

looks a 100% better day there than we got yesterday Bri