Would you buy into a win a digger comp?

Routy56

Routy56

Well-known member
Yep, I'd give it a go to replace my Neuson which has clocked up just over 2000hrs now ;)
Problem is if I win, SWMBO would smell a rat, and think I've been spending more of my hard earned dosh 🤣
So yes set it up Ross and I'll buy a ticket or two 😎
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
There's a tool shop doing them on raffal website that must be making a killing at least 2 new vans a month plus multiple bundles

Powertoolmate are always doing them, seems to be top money kit too so they must make a wedge from the draws 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Powertoolmate are always doing them, seems to be top money kit too so they must make a wedge from the draws 🤷🏻‍♂️
That's the one, 5-10 as pop for a brand new transit.
Has got to be lucrative as its more than 2 vans a month
 
B

bobthebuilder

Well-known member
i would have a go ,dont ever gamble ,but as the druid says it will be a honest draw with the boss in charge
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Seeing other giveaways I have seen it’s incredible the money they can make. Like cars worth 30 k making 90 k . They rely heavily on social media following though . I wasn’t really to fussed for making fortunes but it’s also a good idea for sticky stock 😁 not that this Jake will be sticky . Just a idea . It seems it’s pretty well received I’m going to look into it. I know the legal side we will be fine with it’s how we handle payments, vat , store data and the like also I wouldn’t want to get a bad reputation as somebody will always be upset at not winning lol
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
That's the one, 5-10 as pop for a brand new transit.
Has got to be lucrative as its more than 2 vans a month
must be massive odds against winning though :unsure::(
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Ross keeps ignoring me regarding export 🤷 not good news for my next purchase 🤨
my previous visit to Tenbury, when we loaded out the faulty new unit ... the driver of the truck had just come back from Italy and was asking him about how things were re. export/import ... said he's back and forth all the time and never has any issues ... as long as the paperwork's in order, it's business as usual for the company he's driving for (y) and been doing it for donkey's
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Seeing other giveaways I have seen it’s incredible the money they can make. Like cars worth 30 k making 90 k . They rely heavily on social media following though . I wasn’t really to fussed for making fortunes but it’s also a good idea for sticky stock 😁 not that this Jake will be sticky . Just a idea . It seems it’s pretty well received I’m going to look into it. I know the legal side we will be fine with it’s how we handle payments, vat , store data and the like also I wouldn’t want to get a bad reputation as somebody will always be upset at not winning lol
you know you want to give it a go :giggle:
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
I think £100 sounds strong personally. 500/1, 1000/1 or 2000/1 are all rubbish odds, but I’d imagine there are a hell of a lot more people willing to chance £25 than £100 on a total punt.
The people you know that might not consider £100 a great deal of money would just buy one if they needed it Ross, I can’t see them entering a raffle personally.
(If it’s a prize, would you as the winner have to pay tax on it if you flogged it and pocketed the cash by the way?).
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I think £100 sounds strong personally. 500/1, 1000/1 or 2000/1 are all rubbish odds, but I’d imagine there are a hell of a lot more people willing to chance £25 than £100 on a total punt.
The people you know that might not consider £100 a great deal of money would just buy one if they needed it Ross, I can’t see them entering a raffle personally.
(If it’s a prize, would you as the winner have to pay tax on it if you flogged it and pocketed the cash by the way?).
very unlikely - it's a prize
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
I’ve entered them before where by the proceeds go to charity… funnily enough the winner has always been a big customer of said competition runner company 😢
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
I think £100 sounds strong personally. 500/1, 1000/1 or 2000/1 are all rubbish odds, but I’d imagine there are a hell of a lot more people willing to chance £25 than £100 on a total punt.
The people you know that might not consider £100 a great deal of money would just buy one if they needed it Ross, I can’t see them entering a raffle personally.
(If it’s a prize, would you as the winner have to pay tax on it if you flogged it and pocketed the cash by the way?).
top tip would be use your personal money rather than company i suppose
 
JimboCX

JimboCX

Well-known member
A few of them over here doing bundles. Digger,tractor and loader. Or tractor and bailer, tractor and hedgecutter etc. I’v entered a few. But never paid more than £25 to £30. Any dearer and my wife would notice it out of the account and then start yapping. Only ever buy from the established ones. R kings, lucky day or bear competions. Saw Rory saying he reckons it’s fixed so the prizes stay over here. Personally I don’t think they are. All the competions have websites where u can go on and see there winners and a fair few prizes have went over the water. I think it’s just a case that a lot of the prizes do stay over here simply because most of the tickets are sold to here. They all have a strong follow’n north and south of ireland so if something has 3000 tickets maybe only 100-200 are sold to people not in ireland. So the prizes statisticly have less of a chance going over outside of ireland
 
JimboCX

JimboCX

Well-known member
Also something I often wondered was if any of us where lucky enough to win one of the prizes. For example last week there was a very fresh JCB fastrac, a new tri axle loader and a 2015 doosan 145 raffled off. at a guess valued close to £150,000-160,000 what way does the vat work on it?? If you go to sell the digger for £50,000+vat but you only paid £49.95p for the whole outfit?? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
I guess you’d have to sell it into the company if you’d personally won it or sell it without vat
Also something I often wondered was if any of us where lucky enough to win one of the prizes. For example last week there was a very fresh JCB fastrac, a new tri axle loader and a 2015 doosan 145 raffled off. at a guess valued close to £150,000-160,000 what way does the vat work on it?? If you go to sell the digger for £50,000+vat but you only paid £49.95p for the whole outfit?? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
i think the raffle firm is liable to give away with VAT... so my sums earlier gives me 50k minus fees and advertising and then minus vat and thats your "sales" price... the winner doesn't need to worry about it . especially if you buy it personally
 
Top