Work - Plymouth Area.

K

Komatsu

Well-known member
Can you post the figures for the operator. Just curious to see what they are using on the different diggers. From memory the figures are cost and don’t include a mark up.
Cheapskate - blow 99p and have a look yourself
Save yourself the money...the only person making money is the person selling them on ebay......as someone said early, it’s all dictated by what area your in.....and you can hardly go up to the client and say “well this book said you should give me more”🤔
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
If you can successfully read and interpret that spons I doth my cap to u sir
It is a bit complicated but once you understand the workings behind it, its enough to give you a guide price. The first 20 pages of the book gives you work-through of how they have calculated certain example prices and the assumptions they have made to get there. Firstly its based on jobs between 100-300k, with good access and tasks are broken down to be carried out by a 3 man team based on what I thought was a fairly accurate hourly rate. Overheads and mark up of 15% is included on labour, materials and plant but only 10% on subcontracted elements. The book is based on the job location being just outside the M25 and delivery prices are for full loads.

They list the suppliers for various materials which are quite a few of the ones I use. The bloke who writes it lives in the next town to me so if I cant make the prices stack up, nobody can. The prices are broken down slightly different to how I work mine out but having adapted mine for comparison, I'd say its not far off, if a little cheaper (but that could be down to the job its based on being bigger than my usual work) I'm going to work through some various examples and see how I compare.
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Save yourself the money...the only person making money is the person selling them on ebay......as someone said early, it’s all dictated by what area your in.....and you can hardly go up to the client and say “well this book said you should give me more”🤔

There are weightings for different areas.
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
On the last one I saw there was a multiplier for different areas something like between x .8-1.3.
Think the rates are based on an average of contractors prices
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
I haven’t looked at one of the books for probably 30 years. I did set up a large groundwork’s company computer pricing system and it was useful back then to see the labour time for some jobs and we was able to juggle something’s to suit what we wanted on the hourly rates we where charging.
I am currently building a 2 bed house and used a company to work out a price for the job. All broken down with labour and material quantities for about £150. As a guide for what I am doing it has been very useful as it has set a budget to work too!!
 
Danny

Danny

Well-known member
Sounds like you want the cream and leave the s**t for someone else 😹😹😹😹😹😹
 
F

fred

Well-known member
I haven’t looked at one of the books for probably 30 years. I did set up a large groundwork’s company computer pricing system and it was useful back then to see the labour time for some jobs and we was able to juggle something’s to suit what we wanted on the hourly rates we where charging.
I am currently building a 2 bed house and used a company to work out a price for the job. All broken down with labour and material quantities for about £150. As a guide for what I am doing it has been very useful as it has set a budget to work too!!


1000m2 to build as a starter.
 
Top