Williams Woodshed Workshop

William127

William127

Well-known member
Project Cheapskate πŸ˜†
Picked up this grey and spreader last week for Β£600. The spreaders can go for that much on their own- I know as I bought one wrongly advertised as a Fleming for Β£100 earlier in the week and started doing a bit of research πŸ‘πŸ‘
Plan is to get it running for as little as possible- i don't have any need for it whatsoever, but it's a nice thing to have πŸ˜„
Hoping that if I can get 300 back for the spreader and keep the costs below Β£200 I can get a running tractor for Β£500...
Put the rad back on- first expense £24 on hoses and clamps-, put the bonnet on using a couple of plates from stock, not pretty but free, tapped out the fuel tank mounts to M8 and bolted it in and put the carb on. Going to try and run it out of a can tomorrow 🀞
Drilled/punched the old mud guard bolts out, a very satisfying job but I definitely need to buy some new punches !
 

Attachments

  • 20260918_104228.jpg
    20260918_104228.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20260925_174423.jpg
    20260925_174423.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20260925_174357.jpg
    20260925_174357.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20260922_161106.jpg
    20260922_161106.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 30
William127

William127

Well-known member
Been a bit quiet on here the last couple of months, mainly because I've been in Scotland, Wales, Thetford, Walton, London, Ipswich (tractor collection πŸ˜€), Bedfordshire Steam Fair (bloody massive πŸ‘ 🀣) and the normal stuff.
Put 4 tanks of diesel in the Disco in a week last week 🫣🫣 can't complain though - over the last 4k it's averaged 27.2 mpg, which is better than my 2021 ranger manual 2.0 did, despite the disco being a 3.0 v6 auto, full time 4wd and having 170k on the clock, doing the same work but with a lot more sitting in London traffic 🀐

(Pictures to follow, nothing exciting πŸ˜†)
 
William127

William127

Well-known member
Farm sale today. 3080 was solid, fairly low hours and if I'd had the funds I'd have been very tempted 🫣
As I climbed in it for a sit I smacked my head on the overhead console, instant memory of doing the same in my old 3060 πŸ˜† 🀣 Felt right at home once I was sat down, gear leavers fell straight to hand etc
I thought I might steal the International at 600 quid but then the phone and online bidders got stuck in and it went to 1800. Probably worth it, really nice character to it, seems to be working as it should (apart from the comedy play in the steering πŸ˜†). Bearing in mind that if it was a Ford/MF it would have been 3k+
In the end I had to buy a regular cheese and bacon burger, not a 'whopper' so that I didn't spend more on lunch than actual stuff πŸ˜… πŸ™ƒ
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260926_175536_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20260926_175536_Messenger.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 23
William127

William127

Well-known member
The 3080 mentioned above, good solid tractor, if I could have i would have πŸ˜†
Only things I bought were dirt cheap set of drag harrows as I know someone who needs them, and a tractor tool box, which has shined up nicely and looks at home on the front of the Industrial. Just the right size for a spanner roll. πŸ‘Œ

Good progress on the T20 today, got it running from a funnel and jump leads, started really easily πŸ˜€ Drove it forwards and backwards, clutch good, pto good, hydraulics- bloody hell where's all that oil coming from!!! There's no sump plug in the gearbox! Hopefully just that so a nice easy fix 🀞
Patched over the wings- they're plenty sturdy enough just looked a hazard! Cut the rust out, sprayed it, siliconed and riveted the plates on. Won't be painting the wings thought, they look brilliant with a bit of oil on. Had 2 lengths of m16 studding that were the perfect length when cut in half so got them bolted back on. Good progress.

(Photos to follow, again πŸ˜₯ phone seems to like to claim its got 5g, while performing like 2g)
 
Top